Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

Good news on the mot Syer

I did my gearbox oil last week with no noticeable difference.

You've had a result with yours me thinks:smile:

Reactions: sevenfourate
Good news on the mot Syer

I did my gearbox oil last week with no noticeable difference.

You've had a result with yours me thinks:smile:

Indeed on the MOT :smile:

The last week (since i bought the oil) i thought it felt "different" on a couple of occasions. Might have just been a couple of badly timed changes / thinking of something else and not concentrating or just me imagining it. Im obviously aware the gearboxes are made of chocolate - and not knowing the history; the change was purely preventative / mind easing.

Either way - the difference was very noticeable. Can only speak as i find !

Reactions: Big Ben
Nice when your car comes out a garage feeling better.

How many times I've had a car serviced and thought... have they actually done anything?!

Nice when your car comes out a garage feeling better.

How many times I've had a car serviced and thought... have they actually done anything?!

Hell yea - we've all been there i'm sure.

£500+ cambelt malarkey [That ive got in a couple of weeks] being the obvious. As much as its peace of mind.....its going to be exactly the same the same driving it home as it was taking it in.

And think of all the polished / lightened / uprated / go-faster / carbon-dipped parts that could have bought instead..... :smile:
Not that they would be much use if i'd just wrecked the engine !

Reactions: Big Ben
Weather forecast was good for today and for a change i'm not working on a Saturday - so i decided to make use of it !

5.30am start and i got in the garage to adjust the near side headlight-bulb. My MOT'er said it was slightly out and visually you could see it was pointing into the verge slightly and not seated squarely in the holder. He guessed that i'd knocked it when i installed the "Shuv-Acoustic-valve delete / custom air-feed". Seemed logical.......and he instructed me to get it sorted pronto !

So out came the air feed pipework, only to reveal the headlight bulb is completely concealed in the headlamp unit (Meaning i couldn't possibly have done it.....). Anyway - off came the plastic cap, quick wiggle and i felt the bulb / clip / holder snap into place and it now looks spot-on direction-wise and is seated plum-squarely. Job done. So while i was there i had a good clean in the bay.

Then a full clean inside and out (8 hours worth) inc sealing the wheels, waxing the outside, all exterior and interior trim, hoovering etc ; and im left with a clean car and some up-to-date photo's:

P1030905_zpsipg0gx9c.jpg

P1030904_zpsaohcmtrt.jpg

P1030908_zpsjrofdcdg.jpg

P1030903_zpsxxnkofpg.jpg

Thanks as always :smile:

Ever the thinker / tinkerer.... (Sorry i make such a simple think so long-winded) !!!

Steering wheel with Orange 'highlights' is being started today and will be on its way to me next Monday latest. The Orange is to tie in with the dash / information display colours.....

I also think i want and have a couple of places i can get custom Anthracite mats with Orange piping and Orange 'RenaultSport" logo's on.

And regarding getting the dash strips painted and an Orange logo added - im aware that this is not easily / quickly irreversible somewhat if i dont like the orange on everything / them.

So today through work i had to visit a signmakers / sticker-maker - i talked to him about getting a decal made for the dash which would cover the stock white logo (Below):

IMG_5237_zpsvgxvdv5p.jpg

He suggested if a sticker backing colour couldn't be found made with EXACTLY the same shade of grey / anthracite or whatever it is on the dash - that he does it a slightly contrasting colour [Such as matte black] and then adds an orange border around the outside aswell as the Orange Renault Sport text to blend it in a little better and kind of make a feature of it.

I just think if i want to go back to a darker interior with traditional black type mats etc, and get rid of the dash-strip in Orange; this will be easily reversible.

So dash-decal cover up:

1. Gash ?

2/ Good idea ?

He sounds like a very helpful guy Shuv, and I like the idea. As you say, reversible if you don't like, and on the other hand if you do really like it then you know you can comfortably go ahead with the full thing - win win!!

Looking forward to seeing the completed steering wheel!

Like that idea, it's quite small so even if you don't get the colour 100% don't think you'd notice...

Small idea, just noticed, it's all about the small touches, on the air vent controls it has white little slashes/dots, that'd look good with some little blobs of orange in there instead of the white :wink:

Like that idea, it's quite small so even if you don't get the colour 100% don't think you'd notice...

Small idea, just noticed, it's all about the small touches, on the air vent controls it has white little slashes/dots, that'd look good with some little blobs of orange in there instead of the white :wink:

You'll give the man an OCD overload!! He'll be seeing orange blobs in his sleep :smiley: