remap

not going to be gettin mine mapped till my milltek comes which should be a week or 2 so well sort something out gettin you boys rr and settle the power discussion

...and my recommendation would be G-Tech as an device to measure 0-60, 1/4 mile,...

:thumbup1: very good value for the price. The Performacebox from Racelogic costs 440€ here in Slovenia. With the battery pack which is a must cause some cars have problematic 12V feeds and and external antenna it comes to 520€ :blush:hmy: the G-Tech SS costs 139€ but you can only do 0-60, 0-100,...runs and no 100-200km/h etc. And with the G-Tech you have to play with the settings a bit to get everything right but if you set it right it is very accurate :thumbup1:

get rr day organised for tdf tuning in the new year :wink:

Will do pal, you game??

:thumbup1: very good value for the price. The Performacebox from Racelogic costs 440€ here in Slovenia. With the battery pack which is a must cause some cars have problematic 12V feeds and and external antenna it comes to 520€ :blush:hmy: the G-Tech SS costs 139€ but you can only do 0-60, 0-100,...runs and no 100-200km/h etc. And with the G-Tech you have to play with the settings a bit to get everything right but if you set it right it is very accurate :thumbup1:

I have a GTECH, good for the £20 I paid for it not measured the new times with ECU ETC as my tyres are awful and spin up!!

sounds like a good idea to me

Deffo!!

Kev you have the old Gtech like me though dont you? Looks like:

gtech.jpg

The SS is the newer one and much better piece of kit. Looks like this:

SS.jpg

Does it really make that much difference?

My mates 197 has been mapped and that pulls a lot stronger than mine from low down, but the 5k kick is less emphasised - I much prefer his car to mine

Sounds like a remap is actually pretty good for the 197? I wouldn't know where to go for it though?

Anything that smooths the lumpiness out a bit can't be bad!

Was that with the rstuning box from k-tec?

Decent bit of kit but people have been reporting they have to keep loading it.

yes, I have it for 2 days now, it's still the same - I hope it won't fade out. Reloading the map is easy though takes 1 min, the only downside is that you have to wait for the engine to cool down

what changed:

+ more torque down low - the car pulls strongly from 3,000 rather than 4,000rpm. launches from 1st gear are very different now - the car feels like a rubber band
+ zero flat spots - before it used to hesitate randomly although it was at WOT
+ on/off throttle transition is smooth rather than abrupt
+ slightly better fuel consumption
+ bonus: shift notification light and rev limit increased

- the 5k kick is indeed gone but I don't miss it. driving the car in the city is so much better with the extra low end grunt

I don't understand why Renault didn't sell the car with these ECU parameters and we need to ask other companies' help to correct their software

I don't understand why Renault didn't sell the car with these ECU parameters and we need to ask other companies' help to correct their software

Cause Renault doesn't know what kind of person will drive the car - already trash it when cold, no oil-change every 10k km, always hitting the rev-limiter,...and Renault also doesn't know what kind of fuel owners will be putting in their car. There has to be some room for those things so the engine doesn't fall apart after some k km (exaggerating :tongueout: but you get the point).

I agree that Renault should've smoothed the torque curve a bit more.

Ecological standards, what would they offer then with the Clio 200? A new bumper, diffuser and a colour scheme? :smile:

And all the things Ozy mentioned:

Cause Renault doesn't know what kind of person will drive the car - already trash it when cold, no oil-change every 10k km, always hitting the rev-limiter,...and Renault also doesn't know what kind of fuel owners will be putting in their car. There has to be some room for those things so the engine doesn't fall apart after some k km (exaggerating :tongueout: but you get the point).

I agree that Renault should've smoothed the torque curve a bit more.