remap

Think that the curve on AMD's dynochart looks so smooth because the electronics of the dyno filter the fluctuations - not a good dyno for tuning tbh

Only ever seen one real smooth curve and thats mine (after the ECU) before that when mapped it was up and down like yours!!

Yes, that was the first thing I've noticed and the first sign that something is not right with the dyno or the dyno operator.

Even mine isnt that smooth looking at it!! Thats with the new ECU and fully adjustable VVT timing!!

kev_clio_PT.jpg

We will be tweaking soon too I hope!

Looking good though, but - can you overlap this curve with your previous one? Would be very interesting to see. :thumbup1:

Hmmmm are you all serious that jus cos im punching out abit more power that a big, well known national company like AmD have shitty dynos???

In which case i'm going to be getting it dyno'd elsewhere probaly next week so all rumours can be put to rest.

Thanks.

Hmmmm are you all serious that jus cos im punching out abit more power that a big, well known national company like AmD have shitty dynos???

In which case i'm going to be getting it dyno'd elsewhere probaly next week so all rumours can be put to rest.

Thanks.

you could just have a good one of the production line...........unlike some of us who dont :001_rolleyes:

Thanks.

As far as I can see on your dyno (would be great if you could post a high-res photo) you have 34,5 bhp (173,8 bhp - 139,3 bhp) more than I do @ the wheels (that's without any software correction)?!

Do you think that just the cams can get you 30hp more? Or do you think that your 197 came out of the factory with 10-15bhp more @ the wheel?

If I had your figures in real life I would massacre 90% of all cars i race against.

Last edited:

Thanks.

Can I come with you too then? Just so I can get my head round it!! Then we can get a back to back! I'll even travel to you!

Not shitty dynos but probably not calibrated right or the electronics interfer too much with the readings of the dyno.

Look at this - same car different dynos.

Look at the smoothness of the torque curve and the "hole" at the end of the powerband. The hole is due to the dyno not being calibrated right and the electronics smooth the readings - dunno why cause from a tuner's point of view it's best to see every "problem"
evo_loco.jpg

This is the same car on a properly calibrated dyno
evo9loco.jpg

As for the results I wouldn't worry about them. The dyno is simply a tool to tune the car properly and not to tell you how much bhp the car's got. To many factors depend on that number. See the dyno more like a "gadget" to tell you how much hp/Nm you gained with your mods. That's why it's best to do a run before you mod you car and after.

For a more precise info how much bhp your car's got you could use something like the Racelogic Performacebox. You'd have atmospheric pressure driving along and can measure everything from 0-100km/h, 100-200km/h (cause it's GPS based), horsepower, torque, etc.

Yes, that was the first thing I've noticed and the first sign that something is not right with the dyno or the dyno operator.

Looking good though, but - can you overlap this curve with your previous one? Would be very interesting to see. :thumbup1:

I think I can, its made less torque than the last map but I very much doubt it was a true 200BHP last time now with the cam timing being 4degrees out... bt I cant say for sure!

I've just spent an hour laughing myself silly at a VEMs standalone map done there. Just as an example...target idle 1100rpm (wild cams, that's fine) lambda sensor switched on below 1000rpm, ermmmmm WTF?. Oh, here's another one, lowest load point 8% throttle opening (should have 3 lines of map below that) Idle motor function turned on.....with throttle bodies, erm there isn't one. and spark idle correction not active.

He doesn't have a clue

so who do you recommend for mapping then? that anyone on here?

No they dont! They are far too similar (nearly identical) to stock as I have found out!

It could be a good un tho, thats why I want a back to back with mine!

I was a bit sarcastic. I know they can't produce that kind of a difference.

The best test would be if you race against each other, and switch cars afterwards - because one of you can be a better driver, and to start with - we know who doesn't drive his car >7000rpm. :smile:

But then again, there's still a chance that one of you is a better driver and his car would be faster even though the car it self is slower/has less power.

Not shitty dynos but probably not calibrated right or the electronics interfer too much with the readings of the dyno.

As for the results I wouldn't worry about them. The dyno is simply a tool to tune the car properly and not to tell you how much bhp the car's got. To many factors depend on that number. See the dyno more like a "gadget" to tell you how much hp/Nm you gained with your mods. That's why it's best to do a run before you mod you car and after.

For a more precise info how much bhp your car's got you could use something like the Racelogic Performacebox. You'd have atmospheric pressure driving along and can measure everything from 0-100km/h, 100-200km/h (cause it's GPS based), horsepower, torque, etc.

I agree with everything that Ozy wrote, and my recommendation would be G-Tech as an device to measure 0-60, 1/4 mile,...

How about when i get mine remapped where ever i decide Ben and Kev book in aswell and get power runs? then that will settle it lol