remap

c197mark

Renault Parts Advisor
Platinum Member
Got my milltek cat back exhaust goin on in a couple of weeks, was wondering is it better to have a remap done aswell or is it ok to run with just the exhaust? does anyone know if you get much of an hp increase with this system? or is it better to have the remap to get a better increase with the exhaust?

Got my milltek cat back exhaust goin on in a couple of weeks, was wondering is it better to have a remap done aswell or is it ok to run with just the exhaust? does anyone know if you get much of an hp increase with this system? or is it better to have the remap to get a better increase with the exhaust?

Like Ozi said - get a remap.

I lost 7hp with ONLY Miltek exhaust, but with the remap the gain was 6-7hp on the stock figure.

Go to AmD in essex mate they mapped mine perfectly and are really good. I'd advise the remap as massive flatspot is hard to live with.

yea was going to go AMD Ive sent them an email for a price, def going to get it remapped now tho mite aswell get it done properly

There is a guy called Ben who works for AMD on Detailing World - I'll ask him what can be expected from a remap if you like, and I think he does us a discount too.

DEFO get it mapped though - the flat spot can be awful after fitting a cat back

Lol i've heard they're spot on actually kev lol.

lol ive just been quoted 299.95 for a remap at AMD they reakon they should get 10-14 bhp increase and a decent tourqe increase, im just waiting for a price from TDF to compare:smile:

Lol i've heard they're spot on actually kev lol.

Its the only way I can make sense of the same mods on one car making 215BHP and the same, plus an ECU only making 203 on the other, even with all mods double checked (cams re-timed). Unless you can explain that one pal!! Im confused as hell!

We need to get em on the same rollers on the same day :wink:

lol ive just been quoted 299.95 for a remap at AMD they reakon they should get 10-14 bhp increase and a decent tourqe increase, im just waiting for a price from TDF to compare:smile:

Ive spoke to Matt, will get back to me!!