SimiRockStar

Paid Member
Hey guys!

I am going to buy this Rstuner from fastchip, or from somewhere else... ( still need to check about import charges to my country) , so i have maybe a silly, stupid question...

I know that you have to buy ecu map, but i need to ask you guys, do you all buy a map, or are you friendly enough , so you share maps here to between all you guys?

Had my perfect map ( from some previous owner) crashed, so, we remaped it, fixed the 2500rpm missfire BUT, car goes nice on highways, but i live outside the city in the hills, and the hills are now killing me , no power on low revs.. so i actualy need to shift lower 1 gear to get revs for the hills.. I was there when my frend send the map to Hank to checkout.. and he said it was fine

Some of the guys are now telling me that ive got used to the map, and that is going ok, that im stupid, but i know it does not go better then before... now they all made me mad, an i decided that i will just try several maps ( if i will get them) to se what suits the best for my road to home.

I work in a official renault workshop, i do everyday reprogs of ecu-s via Clip, and im allso a computer guy... after checking out the "trailer/manual" how to map with rstuner, i think there shouldnt be a problem...

So, my question again, i know maybe stupid one, coz everything today is around the money, BUT... do you guys share maps with each other , to help each other, or is the only way to get them with money? :smile:

Thanks ..

BR, Simi

I can't think of any of the current Forum 'regulars' who have used or are using the RS tuner. Most people here just travel directly to their chosen tuner.
So in answer to your question, I don't think any free map sharing goes on.

Reactions: SimiRockStar
Ok tnx.. Thats what i wanted to know :smile: just if u guys have any maps stored on usb or laptop :smile:

Tnx for answer RSRowe..

But if someone anyway has any maps.. Msg me :smile:

As mentioned, I don't think anyone uses the RS Tuner on here.

In the case of maps on a 'usb or laptop' that's not how it works or the companies doing the remaps wouldn't be in business.

To make the map suit your car, it would usually be flashed with a generic base map, data logged, tweaked to suit your car/modifications, whether that be remotely via something like the RS Tuner or in person on a dyno.

RS Tuning offer this service, but it's far from free

If your 197 is pretty much stock and you are going to buy RSTuner, why don't you then first try that Fastchip's stg1 map that is included in the price of the RSTuner? That in most cases works pretty well.

On the other hand, it's pointless to share at least Fastchip (or RS Tuning) maps because they are encrypted and cannot be flashed to other ECU/VIN than it was purchased. Or by using any other device than RSTuner (or in case of RS Tuning without the RSTuner box sold by them). Of course if you do your maps yourself then it will be a different story, you can share and use them however you like, but if it's a remote map purchased from RS Tuning or Fastchip, they're useless for other Clios. I guess most RSTuner users use the map got with the RSTuner.

Thank you for answers ...

I didnt know that this costum maps are encrypted... now i know something new :smile: And i know too, that companies wouldnt have business if maps were sharing.. but i asked anyways ..

yes.. i saw that you get 1 map free with correction, maybe i will try that to.. and yeah.. would love to learn to do it by my self.. that would be good.. and a great story :smile:

I have a KN panel filter, pre-cat empty, decat-pipe, KTR cat back, ported intake.... But not enough Smart people to tunned it the right way.. i definitely need dyno tune..

Thank you for answers.. As far as i check this forum... everyone answers you in a calm, proper way with etiquette.....I like this! Great People ! :smile:

If the car has been modified then an off the shelf map might not fix anything. I bought an RStuner it comes with a map included. The problem can be that the car has adjusted the current map or has a fault that changed the fueling to protect the engine from damage.

I have a KN panel filter, pre-cat empty, decat-pipe, KTR cat back, ported intake.... But not enough Smart people to tunned it the right way.. i definitely need dyno tune..
Ok, as above, maybe that more general stg1 map not very suitable in this case. If it's too hard to find any decent tuner/dyno combination close enough, then one option could be to buy a custom map from Fastchip (249€), i.e. do some data logging with RSTuner, send those datalogs to Fastchip and they'll then fine tune your map to suit better your modifications. They also have a "performance overrun" calibration for de-catted / sport-catted Clios (149€). Of course, dyno tuning would be the best option, but not always feasible.

A little update... so i found a good tunner here ... 1h drive from home.. https://www.carpro.si/en/home-2/#/ ... so i went to his house where he has all the equiptment....I interrupted him a little while writing some map for some Audi.. hh...big screen and matrix code on screen :smiley: :smiley:

Ok, he try to read my car, no success with 3 computers, he was all confused, and he didnt know what did the previous guy writed to my ECU.. so finally with last shot, with another computer, he was able to get the serial numbers of ECU and SW. So he went searching by the number of SW .. end he found out that i have Clio200 map ..
So if i want everything clean and proper .. i tryed reprog at work with oem map via Clip and Renault.net ... but it cannot be programed. Noone around could do a Erease of the ECU (they can only do it "virgin" again via "key code" ) so i could do a fresh start like with new ECU- write VIN and than Reprog. I allso called to our Renault Technical Center in Slovenia, told the TechLiner that this is for my car,not costumers one.... but he said.. "if someone knows to erease" or "new ECU".

Found new ECU in Dialogys.. there is no Stock- Writed a "Hotline" message to Renautl Warehouse about the date for ECU - the answer was : the delivery date is unknown .... meaning 10 days or 4 months or 1 year.. need to order and wait ....

Now the only one solution is... if someone has an OEM injection map for 197 (not 200) somewhere on the disk or anything.. ( he was downloading maps for 197...a few of them infront of me..but when he opened them in the program... scrolled down a few times... and he found serial numbers of clio200 map SW) so i could send it to the tunner... and than he will merge two maps... if i understod right.. He said that he can write a map from a scratch to......but the hours of work will be more expensive that new ecu with his optimisation ( without my work with vin and reprog) ..

So guys.... any help would be very Welcome!

Thanks,
Simi

I have had my car remapped twice. Each time it the company that did it had the car on a dyne and simply edited the data on the ECU with whatever tools they used. They did not give me a copy of the map or say that I could have a copy of the map.

I have had my car remapped twice. Each time it the company that did it had the car on a dyne and simply edited the data on the ECU with whatever tools they used. They did not give me a copy of the map or say that I could have a copy of the map.
why twice? and upgrades between first and second remap?

Two cars. The first one was involved in a crash so it was reshelled but we did not bother to swap the ECU over as it would have been a lot of work going from a cup to full fat ECU.

If I'm understanding correctly, you can buy a used ecu from a 197 and send it and your current ecu to someone who can swap the immobiliser over from the current ecu to your 'new' ecu. You'll then have a standard unlocked ecu which can be remapped.