remap

i thought remaps were pointless as the car seems the learn through them hence why you had problems kev. Is there still any point in doing remaps?

i thought remaps were pointless as the car seems the learn through them hence why you had problems kev. Is there still any point in doing remaps?

That was down to the cam timing, Exhaust cambeing 4degrees out on the new cams!

Lads, got my sums worked out now, if all 3 of you want it doimg then its £293 all in. It wont be just a map thrown on, it will be a proper job trust me!

Its the only way I can make sense of the same mods on one car making 215BHP and the same, plus an ECU only making 203 on the other, even with all mods double checked (cams re-timed). Unless you can explain that one pal!! Im confused as hell!

We need to get em on the same rollers on the same day :wink:

Ive spoke to Matt, will get back to me!!

I reckon cos yours only made 188bhp standard if i remember correctly and i made 194bhp, maybe i run it in better?

Maybe the yozzasport exhaust/decat setup is better, or maybe AmD are better mappers lol, who knows dude?

Same rollers defo though, shame your all the way op'north. Maybe arrange something next PFC when im up there?

Maybe the yozzasport exhaust/decat setup is better, or maybe AmD are better mappers lol, who knows dude?

If there's any difference in real life at all (and not the rollers) it can only be this. IMHO.

Do you have any dyno prints? To see where and for how long do you have the max hp&torque? Tnx

you arent the only person to have map problems kev but its interesting to hear thats what yours may have been down to. Will wait and see what results some paying customers get from remaps at tdf and then may get mine done when i am down with you putting standard and non standard against each other :tongueout:

I reckon cos yours only made 188bhp standard if i remember correctly and i made 194bhp, maybe i run it in better?

Same rollers defo though, shame your all the way op'north. Maybe arrange something next PFC when im up there?

Aye but dont forget mate that if, as I suspect, the rollers do read over then it will appear to have made more STD wont it? As it was on the same rollers! I have never known any make 194 STD...... ever!!!

Ill travel down to TDF mate when the new rollers are in and the lads are getting their maps, end of Jan if you're free?

you arent the only person to have map problems kev but its interesting to hear thats what yours may have been down to. Will wait and see what results some paying customers get from remaps at tdf and then may get mine done when i am down with you putting standard and non standard against each other :tongueout:

Aye, might start the ball rolling for you pal.... and get them bloody wheels on!

The best thing is to measure the difference on THE SAME ROLLERS - before & after the mods and then compare the results, and not just the end figure.

AmD dyno appears to be a slightly generous one going by a few forums who've done RR days. Figures dont tell even half the story though so dont get hung up on it. How the car drives is the biggest thing you need to think about

If there's any difference in real life at all (and not the rollers) it can only be this. IMHO.

Do you have any dyno prints? To see where and for how long do you have the max hp&torque? Tnx

Only the original 211bhp read out, but i do have the 215bhp read out and will scan it if anyone doubts my honesty lol.

dynorun.gif

I'm not saying you're not honest, but that dyno isn't. :biggrin:

Just look at the torque curve - it's so smooth...TBH, too smooth...

Mine:

Clio-197-Miltek--remap--KN-panel-fi.gif

whys that then, they all used to rave about him on th CS forum.

I've just spent an hour laughing myself silly at a VEMs standalone map done there. Just as an example...target idle 1100rpm (wild cams, that's fine) lambda sensor switched on below 1000rpm, ermmmmm WTF?. Oh, here's another one, lowest load point 8% throttle opening (should have 3 lines of map below that) Idle motor function turned on.....with throttle bodies, erm there isn't one. and spark idle correction not active.

He doesn't have a clue

I've just spent an hour laughing myself silly at a VEMs standalone map done there. Just as an example...target idle 1100rpm (wild cams, that's fine) lambda sensor switched on below 1000rpm, ermmmmm WTF?. Oh, here's another one, lowest load point 8% throttle opening (should have 3 lines of map below that) Idle motor function turned on.....with throttle bodies, erm there isn't one. and spark idle correction not active.

He doesn't have a clue

not a fan then !

so your a bit of a guru then on mapping ?