Petrol Tank Overflows on fillup!! Everytime!

Random thing here. Filled my 197 cup tank 3 times since I've owned it, from 3 separate garages. Everyone the pump hasn't "clicked" off. Is this a fault? If so what can I explain to the technician? Seems very strange, being as I've used these garages before in other cars and never had a not clicking off fault?!!!

Other than that liking cup ownership!

:smile:

they got prob then i never had that happen on my 197

That's what I thought, but I don't know what with!?!? It's as if there isn't enough backpressure to cause the automatic cut-off.... But where could the pressure be going? I'm not holding the nozzle weirdly or anything, put it all the way in....
:huh:

Hmmm thats weird as mine will click off no matter which way you hold it (tends to be used up-side-down as it doesn't mark the car that way). It may be worth taking it back to the dealers.

In the meantime I would let the fuel light come on and just put 40ltrs in at a time, means you wont ruin the paintwork through petrol spilling over.

Hmmm thats weird as mine will click off no matter which way you hold it (tends to be used up-side-down as it doesn't mark the car that way). It may be worth taking it back to the dealers.

In the meantime I would let the fuel light come on and just put 40ltrs in at a time, means you wont ruin the paintwork through petrol spilling over.

Hmm that's what I thought. Did have a talk with a tech and he blamed the garages.... Need to have a see about the synchros, as sometimes it wont go into gear when cold, and other times, it won't go from 5th to 6th at revs.... And the omnipresent cold kangaroo fault.

Not been funny or owt but why do people always brim there tanks?
All that extra weight and just more danger if you have a bad crash!!! :huh:

Not been funny or owt but why do people always brim there tanks?
All that extra weight and just more danger if you have a bad crash!!! :huh:

I don't try to, the pump just keeps on going regardless of whether fuel is going all over the floor or not.... A strange fault, but I don't see what could be causing it?!

No don't worry not having a dig! Its just I always put £20 in at a time thats all! :tongueout:
Just always seem to last a lot longer!

I fill my tank, £58 of V-Power! lasts a week........and no issue of clicking off when full

I think you might be putting THE FUEL FILLING NOSSLE in to the CAR too far. Try not pushing THE FUEL FILLING NOSSLE in quite so far.

Last edited: