How much petrol's left in the tank?

Once the petrol light comes on how much is left in the tank? Does it work it out per volume or how many more miles you can do at the current MPG reading?

Gracias... :smile:

Well tank is 55l and i brim mine at the nearest petrol station when it lights up/beeps and it normally takes about 50l for the pump to "click"

Although a recent record i had it down to the bottom of the red bit on the gauge and it took just over 54l

So theres the best part of a gallon and a bit once its beeped at you. So youll get an easy 25mile taking it stead, but could probably push it to 35 before it coughs and farts and starts to run out.

Although you never know how much fuel is left when the sender reaches zero as they dont got to the ultimate bottom point of the tank, and then there is the juice left in the fuel system.

I normally take a point of testing this on my cars, just not had chance with the Clio yet.

Cool thanks. Trying to hold off putting any in til Tuesday when I get some £££ but need to do 15 miles before then... Should be ok I think...

im going to test this out keep a fuel container in the car and let let it run out as i am also unsure as to how many miles when it bleeps it says in the manual u have 1 gallon left.

Words of advice mate, put petrol in your car.

I had a bright idea 2 years ago in my Golf 1.4 run around to see if the fuel light was accurate as it was returning 19MPG.

Now let me tell you I have never been so embarrassed, was rush hour and the car started coughing then it cut out at a roundabout, got it started and it cut out again but this time would no restart, had to get out and push the car up onto the pavement in 5:30pm traffic.

Annoying thing was, I was only 15 yards away from a petrol station.

;/

My dad did that in my brother's little Aygo a while back. They are great on fuel but it was really low. Got within 20 yards of Sainsbury's fuel station with no can! Car wouldn't start so he walked to the fuel station and they lent him a can so he could put some fuel in it to get to the pump! I thought that was jolly decent of them!

Similar Thread Suggestions