197 petrol tank......

E

Ed...

Any ideas how to get it off? Ive undone the bolts taken the exhaust off removed nsr wheel and arch liner. Diffuser is off all the exhaust heat shield its just 1 pipe holding it on and its starting to get to me.

Itll take me a good 3 hours to put the car back together n
Im getting stressed. I started at 3 pm yesterday n worked till it was pitch black removing all the bits

Any advice will be welcomed thanks

Did you download the clio workshop manual? I think it's available to gold members for free on here?

It's item 19c in the file MR392CLIO1.pdf

Thanks mate. New tank is on now....... Just got to re-assemble my car. Ill post some pictures later

Ball ache is an understatement. I had to take the back end of my car to pieces to get to it. Diffuser, diffuser brackets, hand brake cables, back wheel n arch liner, heat shield, exhaust and it only just squeezed out. Like i say ill show u pictures later. Its taken me 10 hours so far n im at the stage of making sure everything is back in right places etc.

Btw empty tank on fuel gauge meens u have about 6 litres, wen the broken tank was removed i drained it and it easily filled a green container and a 1 litre jug. I was shocked cus i drove it round on the light as long as i dared before i decided to take the plunge n start the job.

I have to say if the same happend to you what happend to me the job isnt for the faint hearted. Oh and if u had std exhaust u wud have to cut it or remove the rear axle. Luckily the ktr is in bits :wink:

Btw empty tank on fuel gauge meens u have about 6 litres, wen the broken tank was removed i drained it and it easily filled a green container and a 1 litre jug. I was shocked cus i drove it round on the light as long as i dared before i decided to take the plunge n start the job.

That better not be whos I think it is :slap: lol