One shade of (nimbus) grey.

I've got my varley redtop battery mounted so i've taken a few pics.

Just need to get the V6 airbox on now.

I had removed all the carpet to do this but did not take the pics at the same time, i put two rivinuts into the isofix bar to hold down the bracket holding the battery, i had to put a strip of metal in to mount one as there is a recess were i wanted one.

Here you can see the threaded rivinuts through the carpet.

battery003.jpg

Got some nice countersunk alloy washers to hold it all down.

battery007.jpg

The battery itself 'just' fits behind the ultra racing brace nice and snug up against the isofix bar, it's a redtop 25 but the redtop 15 has been used before so i'd assume would fit easier too.

battery005.jpg

I made my own bracket out of alloy plate as the varley bracket was just too big to go in there without some major modding. with some sticky backed foam protects the battery and it's all nice and snug in there now.

battery010.jpg

Then i put all my crap back in the boot, i think i'm carrying too much ballast about.

battery012.jpg

Nice and neat! Think you could do with dropping some ballast for How Fast though. :smile:

It's all my cleaning stuff mostly, i don't normally carry it around, theres also stuff from my ring trip a few weeks ago, i'm clearing it out today, honest :'(

I've got my varley redtop battery mounted so i've taken a few pics.

Just need to get the V6 airbox on now.

I had removed all the carpet to do this but did not take the pics at the same time, i put two rivinuts into the isofix bar to hold down the bracket holding the battery, i had to put a strip of metal in to mount one as there is a recess were i wanted one.

Here you can see the threaded rivinuts through the carpet.

battery003.jpg

Got some nice countersunk alloy washers to hold it all down.

battery007.jpg

The battery itself 'just' fits behind the ultra racing brace nice and snug up against the isofix bar, it's a redtop 25 but the redtop 15 has been used before so i'd assume would fit easier too.

battery005.jpg

I made my own bracket out of alloy plate as the varley bracket was just too big to go in there without some major modding. with some sticky backed foam protects the battery and it's all nice and snug in there now.

battery010.jpg

Then i put all my crap back in the boot, i think i'm carrying too much ballast about.

battery012.jpg

Well at least you've got your lighter number plates on! Lol. Lovely car, looks transformed from when you got it. Good job so far.

I'm getting a nice collection of parts i'm going to be fitting over the winter months.

My new 64mm throttle body arrived today, think i'm going to wait until i have matched inlets and fit these and the V6 airbox all in one go.

My 16mm H&R spacers came today and i have my stud conversion sat waiting but i was supposed to collect some wheel nuts from one of the clio cup teams at the weekend but was let down, looks like it'll be silverstone now before i get them now.

I've had a pair of R26 fog light blanks delivered from streamline carbon but they are different to the ones i have fitted at the moment, i hope i can get them to fit. they do look nice sat next to my computer though :001_wub:

I bought a pair of mudflaps too for the front but i'm not sure i like them enough to put them on but the stone chips appearing on my rear quarters tell me i should fit them. :swear:

Took my diffuser off at the weekend so a mate could paint it gloss black for me.

I'm half way through getting it ready.

diffuser007.jpg

Fitted my HID kit, what a difference, a good deal brighter.

parking007.jpg

Well worth the hassle of taking the bumper off.

Had a phone call today, my nuts are ready to collect, i can get the stud conversion fitted this weekend. :jump1:

Got nuts.

Collected my nuts . .

helmet_nuts009.jpg

These are what they use on the cup racers, bit shiney but they seem to go dark with age.

Hope to get these fitted this weekend along with my diffuser thats now super glossy black and getting harder as we speak.

Ordered a pair of carbon grills from streamline today, was making one vented grill for the drivers side from an old grill off a normal clio, cut the middle out and smoothed it out, finally finished it off today, it needs a coat of paint to look right but trial fitted it today and i think with a pair of these it will alter the look of the front end, a bit more aggressive looking.

I'll get a pic tomorrow when it's painted.

Would be interested in where and how much the stud conversion cost you.

Fancy doing this on the 200.

Would be interested in where and how much the stud conversion cost you.

Fancy doing this on the 200.

A lot of money, it was a tough decision to buy them but i had some tax back off the goverment so i spent it wisely, the studs were £6.70 each and the nuts were £7.38 + vat each. yes thats over £300 :001_huh: but i wanted them, i could have bought cheaper studs but wanted the ones with a bull nosed end.

Whats the advantage of the stud conversion? Other than it being easier to change wheels?

Not a lot else, i think they look better.

If i remember well, Cup racer has a different size... M12..
We have m14

Yes the cups have M14 thread, i borrowed one from 20/ten racing to try out first.