One shade of (nimbus) grey.

930Tech

CLIO CUP groupee.
Platinum Member
I've been on here a while now so i think it's about time i had a progress thread, that and the fact i've actually taken some pics today.

When i purchased it in january 2012.

dirty_filthy_mouldy008.jpg

dirty_filthy_mouldy011.jpg

Then i took it on a trip around northern france, passing the alpine factory.

2012france029.jpg

Took me well over a month and three visits to the dealer i bought it from to get rid of this mould under the seats.

dirty_filthy_mouldy006.jpg

dirty_filthy_mouldy007.jpg

Once that was sorted and out of the way i could get on with fitting a few parts i've bought from this site, ebay and renault.

This includes splitter, side skirts and a cup spoiler, mate has a bodyshop but made me paint my own cup spoiler but with his guidance, he said 'whats the worst that can happen? i'll paint over it' all turned out well in the end, i'm quite pleased with how it turned out and i can say 'I did that'

I also fitted carbon end plates.

cupped_up009.jpg

The list of parts went on,

Fog light blanking covers
Heko wind deflectors
Tailored sun blinds
Streamline carbon badge set
Streamline carbon bullets
Streamline carbon mirror covers
Stubbie aerial
197 net stickers and plates.

Mirrors
cupped_up013.jpg

Bullets
cupped_up014.jpg

Blanks
cupped_up007.jpg

Skirts
spoiler_skirt007.jpg

spoiler_skirt008.jpg

Splitter
cupped_up006.jpg

and cleaned for today

cupped_up004.jpg

cupped_up003.jpg

Last edited:
I have for future fitment a V6 airbox, varley red top and mount.

A set of vibra technics mounts and a fetish for more carbon bits.

I fancy having the roof wrapped in black, guys telling me gloss black marks easy and says satin or matt would be better.

Would love to get a streamline roof fitted but not ready to sell one of my testicles just yet.

That's awesome man. Good stuff!

I love the plate - think I saw that on eBay last year. A recent(ish) purchase I take it?

Looks lovely!

Havent seen another Nimbus cup (other tha the one im getting next Sat), so good to get some ideas!! Still cant decide on whether to buy Speedlines or not ...

That's awesome man. Good stuff!

I love the plate - think I saw that on eBay last year. A recent(ish) purchase I take it?

Looks lovely!

Havent seen another Nimbus cup (other tha the one im getting next Sat), so good to get some ideas!! Still cant decide on whether to buy Speedlines or not ...

looks spot on matey,love the plate,i actually searched the dvla for that reg when i was looking for one

Thanks folks :thumbup1:

I bought the plate as a christmas present to myself, i'd not got a car at that point but i was after a cup and it stopped me going for the softer option :smiley:

I almost bought a very similar car ie. Nimbus, Cup and Recaros.

What a transformation from when you got it. The skirts and spoiler totally change it up.

Looks great that. Don't remember ever seeing a Cup in that colour - they're all white!

They only did three colours here, white, racing blue and the grey for the cup.

anorak.jpg

^ cheers mate. I knew they were in FRB and white, but didn't know about Nimbus. When I said "they're all white" I mean, that's what everyone seems to have gotten!

Fitted some citroen C2 washer jets today, just needing a little trim to fit.

nozzles008.jpg

Looking good, I must get some side skirts. The washers are much better you'll be so glad you got them. Probably the cheapest and most effectual mod one can do