One shade of (nimbus) grey.

The aero pack has transformed the car! Looks really good.

Are those washer jets as easy to fit as: pulling out the old one and putting the new ones on?

The aero pack has transformed the car! Looks really good.

Are those washer jets as easy to fit as: pulling out the old one and putting the new ones on?

They don't just clip in but it only takes a little trimming to get them in.

There are some pics in this thread of what needs trimming, couple of mins with a sharp knife (get a parent or responsible adult :tongueout:) and they'll be in.

Finally got around to fitting my ultra rear brace this week.

ultra_brace004.jpg

I did'nt want to have flaps cut into the carpet so made the holes in carpet sides same size as bolts and trapped it between as i tightened it up.

ultra_brace006.jpg

ultra_brace007.jpg

It was an absolute bitch to do, the drivers side has very little room to get the bolt in with the carpet still there and hold a spanner on it, then after trying to get it back in at the bottom with it being a formed piece.

Would be easier if the rear seats were out but pleased with the finished result, looks a little neater.

Moved the alarm light to the passenger side shelf support, it was behind the carpet originally, not much use there :chair:

ultra_brace009.jpg

In the garage next to my other love :thumbup:

ultra_brace016.jpg

Last edited:
A downside to fitting this brace. . . .

. . . .i can't get my spare wheel in the boot now. :bat:

Wiper jets a lot better?
Standard ones are pants.

Yes. . . . allthough i'd trimmed one a little too much and (if touched) it moved around in the bonnet hole so i nicked one from a scrapper and re-did it and this one sprays lower.

The pattern ones seemed to spray better ha.

Car is looking good, looking forward to seeing it at national Renaultsport meet. Could meet at Tibshelf services if you want to convoy it

I've had my car 120 days now and today is the first time in that 120 days i've driven my other car, an Alfa 156 SW (that means estate :lol:smile:

It's terrible, wallows like a pig in mud :rofl:

Driven it nine miles, any more and i'd have needed a sea sickness tablet, makes me realise how stiff the cup chassis is. ha.

Fitted my ultra racing front lower brace today, it was only a ten minute job once it was on a mates ramp.

I can tell a difference but probably for the wrong reasons, i had trouble with the cup when i first had it, pulling to one side, had it in the garage 3 times before it felt right but i think that was down to fitting a pair of new front tyres at the same (third) visit.

It had started to come back, the pulling to one side thing but i think it more the camber of the road that does it, on a flat road it hardly does it.

Anyway, gets it on a mates ramp, take out the four bolts, as we took out the last long bolt i could see the subframe moving down so we propped it up with a ramp jack to stop it moving down, fitted the brace and tightened it all back up.

On the road now the car hardly pulls to one side, better than it was before, i doubt the brace has done this, just that the subframe has moved a little and i've been lucky it's moved in the correct way.

I'm sure as the tyres wear it'll start pulling to one side again but it does show how important correct subframe alignment is.

Also fitted some led number plate bulbs, nice and bright.

I fitted a new number plate today.

plate003.jpg

A stick on one because it's lighter :rofl:

I've noticed i'm still get some dirty animal, well i hope it's an animal pissing on my car overnight.

plate004.jpg

Did a few sessions at mallory on saturday

IMG_9417.jpg

I've pinched dan lewis' pic. i really enjoyed it on track again, the grip is unreal.

Had an interesting selection for my sessions

plate001.jpg

and i've decided i prefere my wheels with brake dust on them

plate006.jpg