One shade of (nimbus) grey.

How did she compare to the Alfa on track?

The clio's not quite as flat as the alfa but it's a good bit softer :smiley: but it has the punch out of the bends the alfas allways been missing.

Over a lap the clio is quicker but the grip is fantastic, the alfa understeers a little which i allways thought safe but the clio is better.

I could do with the seat from the alfa in the clio, holds me a lot better, i keep bracing my knee against the centre (radio) console, i now have a bruise under my kneecap, i must also do this on the road as i keep catching the bruise when cornering now.

Good thread Wayne, I see you've already made some decent mods. Would you say the front and rear braces are worth it just for pure road (or only very occasional track) use?

I'll be honest and say i can't or could not tell any difference directly after fitting any of the two braces (apart from not being able to fit the spare in :smiley:) but i did fit them whilst still getting used to the car.

The handling feels tight and after mallory i'm loving it, i suppose the only way would be to take one off before a track day but as niether has made the car crap or handle badly i'll leave them on.

Anti roll bar next but i'll only fit as a pair and i dont think it'll upset it either.

I'll wait a bit before thinking about buying them then, I'm still getting used to it right now.

What track days have you got planned next?

I'll wait a bit before thinking about buying them then, I'm still getting used to it right now.

What track days have you got planned next?

Not one planned at the minute.

Mates going back to mallory this saturday and i'm tempted to join him.

Were going to the ring begining of aug for the old timers and have talked about going the end of june for a warm up but i need to sell a car i have being trying to sell for a month first.

Would like to do oulton on 23rd aug and again, we've been looking at some cadwell ones for sept.

I need to get a proper job first though.:blink:

Fitted my new carbon gearknob top.

carbon_knob_top009.jpg

and another piece i've had a while but not took a pic of.

carbon_knob_top014.jpg

We have strap on :w00t:

strap008.jpg

I've had the bits to do this for a while but only just got around to doing it, all the talk in the group buy must have spurred me on :kiss:

I bought a tow hook from a 2002 laguna as it was the same thread but shorter as i did not want to cut my original one, first i had to remove the bumper which was a fairly easy job but the last bolt snapped, why is it allways the last bolt?

Then i measured it all up to see how much to cut off, placing the bumper back on to measure up.

I cut off the loop from the hook leaving myself around 65mm of bar sticking out of the bumper reinenforcer, i marked up a level line across the end and cut a slot into it with a grinder, just enough for the flat part of the tow strap to fit snug into the slot.

For clearance i removed the plastic stiffner/brace from the inside of the bumper and trimmed about an inch from around were the whole thing bolts in to give me more room whilst fitting the bumper, this thing just clips back into the bumper but i find a good whack with the back of my hand helped it click back in.

Re fitting the bumper to check it all fitted well i could now weld the tow strap to the remains of the tow hook, a piece of alluninium coving the strap helped not getting weld splatter over the nice new red bit.

Cooled it down with water, a quick rub down and a bit of satin black on the welded part and it was ready to fit.

Screwed it into place and re fitted the bumper and all the bolts, no dramas.

I made it so the strap falls level with the end of the hole that the cover fits into so i just had to trim about 10mm off the bottom of the cover so that fits back together nicely, if i ever need to use it i just need to pop the cover out first or it will probably bend the cover as it pulls up.

strap004.jpg

strap005.jpg

Whilst i was in the mood i took the bracket off that holds the alarm button/trigger from under the bonnet as it had gone rusty, removed the button and gave it a quick rub down and a couple of coats of satin black and looks 10 times better now.

strap006.jpg

Pleased with my days messin.

Looking good :smile:

Where did you get the carbon plaque from?

Also I've requested your input into a how to thread I've just made, have a look in their please :smile:

Looking good :smile:

Where did you get the carbon plaque from?

Also I've requested your input into a how to thread I've just made, have a look in their please :smile:

The plaque was from ebay, a guy on there makes copies of the ones in an F1 so i asked him to make me a one off but he does put a pic of it in his listings now.

He's not advertised on there at the mo, i'll see if i can find his details.

Yes the bracket is for the sat nav.

How did she perform in comparison to the Alfa?

It's an whole load better overall but now i can see were i can try and improve it.

This is loads faster over a lap, good 25/30 secs or so, i did a steady lap tues night to show a mate with an R26 a few lines, never went above about 5.5k revs as another mate in passenger seat with lady chromosomes gets scared easy and we pissed inside 10 mins, lad in the R26 had never lapped as fast, he's only done about 15 laps before.:smile:

In the karrousel i could still see all, in my alfa i get blurred vision because it's so stiff.

So i think some dampers in time and some more track focused rubber is order of the day. Bridgestones held up well but very understeery at dottinger hoe.