One shade of (nimbus) grey.

Liking the look of this.

Cheers :thumbup1:

Got the diffuser painted, first time had some silicone in it, damm latvians :smiley: :tongueout:anic:

So it had a good scrub and more rubbing down

painted004.jpg

Added a sticker from mates paintshop

painted005.jpg

Loads better second time around, few spots on the very bottom but only roadkill and concours judges will see them but not planning on showing, just driving.

painted007.jpg

painted009.jpg

Did manage to get the drivers side grill painted too but we forgot to prime it properly so used a rattle can primer but sadly the paint reacted so needs doing again.

painted002.jpg

Diffuser is on now but fitted late last night in the dark, needs a clean now so will take a pic when i've done that.

like the idea of putting the sticker on the diffuser before paint mate,very trick...looking forward to seeing the front grilles fitted as well,thought you'd gone for the carbon ones though?

Yes i've ordered the carbon ones but i'd nearly finished this one, angel was going to take a mould from it so i just finished it off and painted it whilst i was doing the diffuser.

It looks good fitted, apart from the reaction on the paint :smiley:

Love this car, gives me ideas for my nimbus

Cheers :thumbup:

Not the best pics but diffuser now fitted, it's a strong black but makes the rest of black trim look faded.

diffuser004.jpg

Fitted the grill/scoop to see what it looks like, i like it :smiley:

diffuser005.jpg

Can't wait to get the carbon ones fitted.

I searched every single option for 197 cup on DVLA last night and had 0 results. I am very jealous of the plate. You'll get the comment over and over and over for years to come lol.

Top project thread, interesting read. Car looks great too

Found time to fit my carbon front grills/vents.

Remove the old vents and you can see this webbing.

carbon_vents008.jpg

This needs removing.

carbon_vents009.jpg

I'd heated up the garage around the front.

carbon_vents011.jpg

Then held in place overnight with 'racer tape' :smiley:

carbon_vents010.jpg

Then spent a few hours fitting a bumper to my new shell.

carbon_vents015.jpg

I've removed the tape and they are stuck in (tiger seal) but it now needs a clean so i can take some pics.

Yes it's the shell off ebay from pyro, cost me all of £103 :smiley:

Thats the next project, track day car to replace the Alfa.

Yes it's the shell off ebay from pyro, cost me all of £103 :smiley:

Thats the next project, track day car to replace the Alfa.

Seriously?! That's a bargain! Nice buy mate... :thumbup1:

Nimbus is looking good too, what other plans have you got for it?

Seriously?! That's a bargain! Nice buy mate... :thumbup1:

Nimbus is looking good too, what other plans have you got for it?

I've got a V6 airbox to fit, around march when the warranty runs out, along with a 64mm throttle body.

I'm hoping to get some matched inlets and do it all in one go.

It's going into renault mansfield thursday to have the recaro seat cover replaced under warranty but i'm getting a little worried about it now.

I put the claim in for it in the summer and had to fight them to get it done, they offered to pay 70% of it at first but i got them to up it to 85%, why they wont pay 100% is beyond me as i think it's 'not fit for purpose', i did'nt want renault mansfield to do the repair because of past problems but i was told i'd have to start the claim again from another dealer and i might not be offered the same deal if i did.

I'll have to pay about £75 to get it done so they (renault) gave me a voucher to get it done when i'm ready up until the end of the year, i kept putting it off until i realised the end of the year is nearly upon us so booked it in last wednesday to be done this thursday, when i nearly had it done in the summer the dealer at mansfield ordered in the seat base, not the upright (backrest) so i had the other two jobs done (damper and some paint) and left the seat until now.

When i rang them last weds, i made a big point of saying it's the backrest, not the base of the seat and it's a recaro, not a normal sport seat, 'do you understand what i'm saying' i kept asking, 'yes the back part', i only wanted to make sure they knew and ordered the right part, the voucher runs out at the end of the year so i want it doing right and i want it doing right the first time.

Today i get a phone call from renault mansfield to confirm my car is booked in thursdays to have the seat repaired and she said 'and it's the back seat you want replacing?' :bored: 'WHAT?' I ask, 'have you ordered a back seat?' 'no we are just going to order the seat now for you' so i had to go over it all again and tell them what the seat is, what part i want and i dont want to be leaving there thursday night with the job not done.

Why does this place give me nightmares? i hate the place, when this is sorted i will 'NEVER' set foot in the place again.

Rant over, i feel better now and if/when they cock up, i've pointed it out here before hand.

Come on renault mansfield, suprise me!

^^Well that took some sorting, three visits to the dealer.

I've had this car one year tomorrow and i;m more than happy with what i've got, i'm not going to let a sh!tty little hyundia dealer spoil my enjoyment :smiley:

I've done roughly 12000 miles in it and it now has 43000 on it, it's loosening up very nicely, revs a lot cleaner and harder than when i first had it.

It flew through it's MOT last monday, no advisories, i've just sorted the insurance and saved £70 over last years cover so heres to the next year of Renaultsport ownership :thumbup:

After looking at the seats closely the drivers base is starting to get a few thread bobbles on the edge so i'm going to swop the bases over from passenger side to drivers side to save it wearing through, only four bolts per seat base so hopefully easy (thanks foxspeed)

Changed over my recaro bases today as i'd noticed a little bobbling of the material on the drivers seat, was easy to do and seat feels a little firmer now.

Found £1.25 under the carpet too :w00t:

36530_4797765434342_434556927_n.jpg

Also noticed they were 4 years old yesterday :wiz:

601148_4797804555320_1653597256_n.jpg