Ollie's AG 200 Progress thread (new wheels)

Only one way to get decent night shots - tripod, low ISO setting and a long exposure...

Don't get me wrong though they still look good and a very cool location to get some pics.

Thanks mate, only way to learn is with constructive criticism, i havn't had much time to try out all the different settings but got a book for xmas explaining it all so gotta have a read of it :wink:

Yeah I would recommend getting a tripod to start, then you can have a play with some of the settings you can't use handheld. Have a look at Gorillapod's, it might be a little more useful for you when starting out as they are flexible and can be used in different ways or just get an equally priced tripod (£30-40). Must admit that I got a subscription to a DSLR mag last year and they are very useful. Best thing to do is just have a play and see what works...

POTM-Motion2.jpg

i actually have a gorilla pod but it's a tiny little thing i had with for my small digital camera i can't imagine it being that well suited to the heavy DSLR i think i'll invest in a big tripod soon. that picture looks great i have always tried to get the effect of the streched lights but the whole picture ends up looking like a big mess haha

They do a bigger, more substantial version specifically for DSLR, but if you already have one then it isn't best buying another.

LOL, yeah it is too easily done if it moves at all.

Had the car serviced yesterday and changed the oil and gear box oil to fully synthetic to minimise the risk of potential gearbox failure.

Got a nice 1800km drive on friday so will put the clio to the test on a long journey and got over 800km to do on the Autobahn which should be a lot of fun :smile:

Fitted my H.I.D kit today under the projectors and i must say i'm very happy with this mod. Managed to do it with out taking the bumper off but i had to take the whole battery unit out and the intake off etc. Next time i will take the bumper off but wanted to see what was quicker. Need to buy some nice led sidelights as well.

here are some photos, gave the car a quick clean after fitting them:

IMG_1877.jpg

IMG_1872.jpg

IMG_1875.jpg

IMG_1879-1.jpg

IMG_1880.jpg

Last edited:
yeah it makes a huge difference, took it up a dark motorway tonight and the shinning distance is far greater as well as the looks

Google it, its a common problem. They emit some sort of frequency which ruins every radio station :worried: The only option i can see is remove them and replace with expensive bulbs. Its a shame as i love them but what with the mot ruling changing i may aswell just whip them out and stick them on ebay

Just come back from my 1600km trip across half of Europe, i must say the Clio is a nice car to drive for long distances, despite the loud noise at high speeds. Set the cruise control to 125mph through Germany and it burnt a lot less fuel than i expected it to :smile:
Here are a few random shots and look what Switrzerland greeted me with, ankle deep snow on the motorway haha, the Clio performed very well in deep snow conditions on twisty Alpine roads. I'm getting happier and happier with this car :smile:

IMG_1175-1.jpg

IMG_1176.jpg

IMG_1180.jpg

IMG_1183.jpg