will a 197 diffuser fit on clio 200

i guys i bought a clio 200 in ireland a few months ago and the previous owner had the diffuser cut to install bigger exhaust tips i being trying to source 200 diffuser with no luck were in ireland i saw a couple 197 diffuser on ebay will they fit on my 200 at the moment i have a aftermarket exhaust from gtperformance with 200 tips on it

Yes they physically fit.

Though, you might have an issue with it as the 200 tips are much shorter than 197, so will probably melt the diffuser.

Have you a picture are you sure the funnels and or the chrome rings aren't missing I cant think of anyone fitting larger exhaust to it.
1710195533965.png
1710195561761.png

This is how much a guy in France cut back his 197 exhaust to fit a 200 diffuser maybe not much help as a lot of 197 people melted them.
1710196789619.png

Last edited:
mine is a clio 200 and i am trying to find a 197 diffuser its almost impossible for me to find a 200 diffuser the previous owner made 2 huge holes in the diffuser i iniatly bought the chrome trims and when i went to fit them they were to small for the hole the guy made he
got two huge exhaust tips on the bumper clio.jpg

Ok what exhaust is on the car now is it a standard one or one of the normal after market ones as the second normally had interchangeable tips for the two cars it would be easier to make the rings fit. I'm up in Tyrone I have two 197 diffusers maybe a swap if your diffuser can be worked with.

Ok what exhaust is on the car now is it a standard one or one of the normal after market ones as the second normally had interchangeable tips for the two cars it would be easier to make the rings fit. I'm up in Tyrone I have two 197 diffusers maybe a swap if your diffuser can be worked with.
I have aftermarket exhaust gtperformance I belive it has interchangeable tips but the wholes on my diffuser are to big for the rings I think the hole on my diffuser is like 2cm bigger than the chrome rings

OK so the ring outer lip falls through I think the last owner had custom rings fitted as the diffuser does not look melted you can see the tell tail sign of the ring on this one which is what your missing. Don't horse the car on or take high speed long trips or you will melt the rest until you get it fixed. It's up to you I would bond a carbon fiber or high temp ring behind the face to step down to the ring size with a filler ring to match the outside face.
1710199290937.png

Reactions: Sean197
OK, então a borda externa do anel cai, acho que o último proprietário colocou anéis personalizados, pois o difusor não parece derretido, você pode ver o sinal da cauda do anel neste que é o que está faltando. Não monte o carro nem faça viagens longas em alta velocidade ou você derreterá o resto até consertá-lo. Cabe a você colar uma fibra de carbono ou um anel de alta temperatura atrás da face para diminuir o tamanho do anel com um anel de enchimento para combinar com a face externa.

It was getting a bit late at night sorry for the break, Found some pictures of the gtperformance exhaust the tips are very slightly longer for the slash cut but I think the 200 tips should work with a 197 diffuser.
1710368652425.png

I'm about 3hrs away from you so if you want to do a 197 diffuser swap I would be prepared to do the lions share of the drive to keep the swap balanced. I don't know if non members can private message but I will leave the offer open at the moment.

It was getting a bit late at night sorry for the break, Found some pictures of the gtperformance exhaust the tips are very slightly longer for the slash cut but I think the 200 tips should work with a 197 diffuser.
View attachment 156865

I'm about 3hrs away from you so if you want to do a 197 diffuser swap I would be prepared to do the lions share of the drive to keep the swap balanced. I don't know if non members can private message but I will leave the offer open at the moment.
Would be interested instead of swap selling of one your 197 diffusers a meet halfway?