Nicole.R - 01.02.2014 *SOLD*...

Cheers Luke!!! :smile:

I'll try and get some before and after videos to catch the sound difference.

It's the Deep Black, gives her stealth-like qualities to go barely noticed. :smiley:

09 January 2012;

I'm having a few teething problems with the V6 Airbox unfortunately. I went up to SC Auto Electrics (www.scautoelectrics.co.uk) in Bolton on Saturday for Steve to move the Battery for me, which he did and I have to say his work is spot on, it looks OEM it's that neat. But, in my attempt to save him some messing about, I didn't take the Airbox itself with me for him to work around, so unfortunately one of the wires has ended up being JUST too short for me to be able to move the new ''Jumpstart Terminal'' and fit the Airbox in. What a sh!tter. Entirely my own fault.

Anyhow, I've spoken to Steve today and I'm going to get back up to see him as soon as he can fit me in so that he can fiddle things around a bit which, will hopefully be at some point between now and the trackday at Oulton Park on 20.01.12. This time I'm taking the Airbox with me. :smiley:

Last edited:
You know it. :smile:

Just one of those things, it's literally 3" too short... Considering Steve had no Airbox to work around that's not bloody bad at all. I don't mind the drive up there anyway, it's only 25-30 minutes so once it's on it'll be a nice run back down the motorway to get plenty of air in and let the ECU do some ''learning''.

13 January 2012;

SC Auto Electrics; Fitted V6 Airbox.

I went back up to see Steve this afternoon for him to do some more swearing at Nicole and get the V6 Airbox in and... SHE'S ALIIIVE!!! A bit of fiddling, a bit more wire extending and jobs a good'un. For anybody thinking about doing this modification, I'd strongly advise you to take it to somebody who has big balls and knows their way around an electrical loom. Had I tried to do this myself then I'd have most likely just ended up on fire on the driveway...

Photos and videos to follow, hopefully tomorrow.

The noise. Oh the noise. :smiley:

Last edited:
13 January 2012;

SC Auto Electrics; Fitted V6 Airbox.

I went back up to see Steve this afternoon for him to do some more swearing at Nicole and get the V6 Airbox in and... SHE'S ALIIIVE!!! A bit of fiddling, a bit more wire extending and jobs a good'un. For anybody thinking about doing this modification, I'd strongly advise you to take it to somebody who has big balls and knows their way around an electrical loom. Had I tried to do this myself then I'd have most likely just ended up on fire on the driveway...

Photos and videos to follow, hopefully tomorrow.

The noise. Oh the noise. :smiley:

Can't wait to see a video!

Cheers lads!!! :smile:

Honestly, watching what Steve had to do, I wouldn't even know where to have started.

My immediate impressions after a motorway cruise home and some blasting late last night are as follows... The noise. The NOISE. THE NOOOIIISE!!! It's not like these things don't sound nice as standard anyway, but under load she absolutely howls now. The further you get up the rev-range, the louder and howlier she gets. If you imagine the noise of a BTCC car minus the diff' whine then you're not too far off it. Sat at a constant speed there is a slight increase in noise over standard but it's not too much louder.

On the performance side of things, there is a definate improvement. I know sometimes that more noise has a bit of a placebo effect on your senses and makes things feel faster, but the extra snap when you boot it now is NO placebo. There seems to be a fair bit more grunt lower down and once the revs start to climb it's very linear and just plain relentless, pulls all the way to the limiter and I think there's more to be had up top with a Remap (will be done in May). I was a on the fence a bit about this mod', but having now felt and heard it for myself and trying accelerating in-gear and through the gears I have to say I'm very impressed.

I went out last night but my £2.99 Amazon bargain Mic' failed on me. D'oh!!! Got a fantastic bit of video down the lanes in the fog, Jean Ragnotti style, but I think some moisture must've gotten into the Mic' because it's been sat in the boot for about 5 months hahaha!!!

Photos to follow shortly, including some ''worrying'' ones of the OEM Airbox...

I'll borrow my sister later and do a drive-by. :smiley:

Last edited:
14 January 2012;

V6 Airbox & K-Tec Panel vs. Household Items For Scale...

20111220-01.jpg

20111220-02.jpg

20111222-01.jpg

Engine Bay With OEM Airbox vs. Engine Bay With V6 Airbox Setup...

20120106-02.jpg

20120106-01.jpg

20120114-01.jpg

20120114-02.jpg

20120114-03.jpg

20120114-04.jpg

20120114-05.jpg

20120114-06.jpg

20120114-07.jpg

Worrying OEM Airbox ''Pressure Failure'' On Airbox To TB Hole...

20120114-08.jpg

20120114-09.jpg

Apologies for the sh!t iPhone photography. I still need to sort out a permanent bracket for the smaller Fuse Box as although nobody will ever see it being supported by cable-ties, it does like a bit ''Gypo''. I'll have a fiddle about at work on Monday and see what I can rustle up. One other thing I need to sort out is the Airbox To Inlet Hose... As you can just about see form the photos, it is slightly kinked. Looking at it, I think if I get physical with the sound-deadening on the bulkhead then I should be able to just cut enough out for the Pipe to then sit a bit better without having to remove all of the sound-deadening... So, two minor things to sort out, but all in all, she's good to go.

Note the addition of the ''Jumpstart Terminal'' so I don't have to go in the boot to access the battery should she ever refuse to start...

Not sure what's gone on with the OEM Airbox. :smiley:

Last edited:
Cheers Giles!!! :smile:

I know I've not seen you either!!! I keep looking out for you, but they're so rare around these parts.

Glad you love it and steves a genius with electrics isn't he. I raved about the v6 airbox like others who actual fitted it. I hope my enlarged TB also gets some positive results (fingers crossed).....!!!!

Glad you love it and steves a genius with electrics isn't he. I raved about the v6 airbox like others who actual fitted it. I hope my enlarged TB also gets some positive results (fingers crossed).....!!!!

Oh God yeah, it's great watching him, he makes it look easy. Well worth the money for both the bits and Steves labour!!! :smile:

Very noice!

Battery in the boot I assume?

Is indeed N0ddie, using an Odyssey PC680 which is sat in an Odyssey aluminium bracket. Forgot to get a photo hahaha!!!

I'm off to Tesco later tonight so I'll update the post with one then. :smile:

love it love it love it willis mate looks ace! im actually jealous of you!!!!

Wait until you hear the video later, you'll hate me then!!! :rofl:

Wait until you hear the video later, you'll hate me then!!! :rofl:[/QUOTE]

haha no i cant hate you mate! just really jealous trying to get an R3 box when fernandez has designed them anyway :tongueout:

Similar Thread Suggestions