Nicole.R - 01.02.2014 *SOLD*...

Cheers Kieran & Brightside. :smile:

Keiran is yours on FF or Cup Dampers? I thought she handled superbly to begin with, but this setup is something else. :smile:

Brightside, it's well worth doing, especially if it's never been changed. It should only set you back £50-ish depending on where you go/what fluid you get.

Keiran is yours on FF or Cup Dampers? I thought she handled superbly to begin with, but this setup is something else. :smile:

Brightside, it's well worth doing, especially if it's never been changed. It should only set you back £50-ish depending on where you go/what fluid you get.

I just need the fluid mate, can get it done at work :smile:
Any recomendations on where to get it from?

I use Opie Oils for all my oils and fluids, great service and fast delivery. The lads are always happy to offer advice if you call or email them too. I'm using Millers Oils Race Fluid 300 Plus (~£12.00/500ml) and it's doing me proud. It's a DOT 4.0+ fluid, you don't really need DOT 5.1 in my opinion for fast road and occasional track driving and in reality the specs' for this particular fluid are better than a lot of 5.1 fluids anyway.

Oh and once you make an account on Opie and select Clio197.net/Clio200.net as your club then you get a nice discount too.

got ff but still pretty stiff setup.bet yours is good with the cup pack now

Keiran, it's an awesome setup mate, really does seem to be perfect for me now. :smile:

Gandy, I had three 500ml bottles and had about half a bottle left at the ene but some people have done it with two bottles before I think. :smile:

26 June 2011;

Well, it had been a good eight months since Nicole and I visited the racetrack they call ''Wales''.

So, we gathered a few of our close friends together (some of who were blast virgins) and returned to The EVO Triangle via The Horseshoe Pass...

The Horseshoe Pass;

20110626-01.jpg

20110626-02.jpg

The EVO Triangle;

20110626-04.jpg

20110626-05.jpg

20110626-09.jpg

This was the first real test for my new suspension and I have to say I was well impressed. As was my mate Chris (645i) who couldn't keep up when things got twisty. The weather was perfect and we encountered very little traffic all day. We came back over Lllandegla which is one of our favourite stretches of road and is (for now at least) relatively unkown in the car/bike circles... In fact, we only know about it because my dad spent his younger years thrashing bikes about up there. :smiley:

List Of Attendees; 645i, Clio 172, Focus ST, E36 M3 Cab., Impreza WRXS, A4 Quattro (435BHP).

Can't wait now for the next blast in about a months time.

Last edited:
how much money do your mates have?! :lol:

The A4 has Aston DBS brakes on it, f!ck knows what it stands him at as a whole!!! :smiley:

The Ariel wasn't with us by the way, unfortunately, it was just parked up at the farm near to The EVO and it would've been rude not to park behind it. :smiley:

I think he had more trouble putting the 4 Pots on the rear to be honest!!! :smiley:

It started out as a 2.0 20V Quattro, it's been bored/stroked to 2.2 and has an onboard laptop for swapping/adjusting maps as he goes along. It was wound up to 2.2Bar and 535BHP at the start of the day but it was a bit, erm, lairy, shall we say, around the twisty bits... So he turned it down to 1.8Bar and 435BHP. It's all self built too, as is his 350BHP Audi S2 daily drive. :smiley:

27 August 2011;

Had a nice roadtrip up and over to Newcastle this morning to see Rich and pick up a K-Tec 200 Cell Sports-Cat & K-Tec Cat-Back System.

Nice to meet you Rich and thanks for holding onto the bits for me for the last month.

Time to get fiddling...

that horse shoe pass is that in north wales as i swear i went round that not long ago when i went to visit my nan who lives near caernarfon...

It is indeed mate yeah, fantastic bit of road. :smiley:

21 October 2011;

Northwest Performance; Fitted K-Tec 200 Cell Sports-Cat & K-Tec (Magnex) Cat-Back System.

Well after sitting in my shed for a month and a half and becoming shinier then the mirror in the bathroom in that time, I finally got the exhaust goodies on today thanks again to Ryan at Northwest Performance. I had intended to do the work myself but it's been a busy old month so I've not had much time to fiddle around, hence why I've hardly been on here either for about 5-6 weeks.

My first impressions with the new setup is that Nicole does seem to rev even more freely now and in fact she feels like there's a bit more pull in the mid-range. I love the new sound too, nice and gruff and not too boomy/chavtastic. I have to say that the flatspot that seemed to get slightly worse after I took the centre silencer out seems to have been improved now and isn't really any worse than standard. A remap is on the cards though although that'll have to wait until after Christmas as there's a few other things I want doing at the same time...

Videos to follow later in the week.

Last edited:
Cheers mate!!! :smile:

I emailed David at K-Tec a few months ago about having some work done in May next year when the Cambelt is due, it's just a case of saving up now and then getting as much of it done as I can. Nothing too drastic, no R26 engine for me, I love the rawness of NA too much to do that to her. But potentially there could be another 15-20BHP on the way, not that I'm chasing figures or anything but a little more torque and power is always welcome.

Cams mate ... Get them done well worth it with the cambelt service , Like I said not a lot of 197s running any where near 190 on standard mapping , don't make the mistake I did and pay for a map then weeks later go for cams lol was a little more expensive .
Plans do sound good but if your doing that decat you will soon get pissed off seriously ups the noise .
First cat out and no silencer in = just enough sound for everyday driving and not to sound too boomey

It'd be rude not to drop some Cams in really wouldn't it!?! :wink:

Exhaust-wise, I'm leaving things as they are now, the new setup seems to have given her a bit of a boost and I love the sound. I've ran things decat in the past and on NA I've never noticed any real benefit in terms of performance over a 200 Cell although the noise is very cool. I've ran decat on a Turbo and the difference is huge as they don't need the back-pressure like an NA does. I think it's a fine line on NA engine before you start losing torque when playing with exhaust setups.

Last edited:
16 December 2011;

Well after a lot of reading and researching, I've bitten the bullet.

Today has seen a Clio V6 Airbox purchased from Matt (mdking) and a RITAR RT12200 dry-cell ordered from Lucas Batteries. Now, I know they're probably not a name most people over here have heard of but they're a big name in America and it's cost me less than a third of the price of a Varley/Odyssey for the equivalent power output/capacity and, strangely, it's the EXACT same physical dimensions as a Red Top 25. Me thinks it's the same internals in a slightly less pretty frock...

Now I just need to get a ITG/K-Tec Panel, Battery Bracket and source me an Inlet-Airbox Pipe or make one up from bits of Samco.

Oh, and then pick Litchys auto-electrician mates brain...

19 December 2011;

K-Tec Racing; Ordered K-Tec Racing Panel Filter

R-Sport; Ordered TB To V6 Airbox Inlet Pipe, 197/200 Cup Race Car Airbox Bracket

Unfortunately R-Sport didn't have the Bracket in stock but they're due a huge order from Renaultsport in early January to get stocked up for the 2012 season so they're kindly picking me one up then. Had a good chat with the lad I spoke to, who's name I can't remember, but he was very helpful. Also had a good chat to Martin (sure that was his name) at K-Tec, really nice guy and very clued up. I made the most of the Clio197/200.net discount too, it's always nice when you save a bit of money.

22 December 2011;

Just had a phonecall from R-Sport... Forget the Bracket arriving in early January, it's here now!!! Will be with me on Weds. :smiley:

Also, after some more reading about my RITAR RT12200 dry-cell, I've discovered that the CA & CCA is actually a lot lower than the equivalent sized Varley/Odyssey. So, although it will start Nicole it will probably only do it the once. With that in mind, I've exchanged it for an Odyssey Extreme Racing 25 to ensure longevity. Hopefully that'll be here on Weds too...

Last edited:
03 January 2012;

Tegiwa Imports; Ordered Odyssey Aluminium Battery Bracket

Nicole is booked in to have her battery relocated this coming Saturday (thanks to Litchy for the advice/phone number).

I'm looking forward to getting the Airbox on and seeing/hearing/feeling for myself how much of a difference these things make. :smile:

Similar Thread Suggestions