My Albi is dead :(

When I logged in today I was all happy and cheerful from being back home,enjoying the sun and lots of ladies wearing literally nothing but very short shorts:thumb:
Tbh with you Sean,something similar happened to.me not long ago and I was lucky to report a curbed wheel and a few flashing lights on the dash.a liftoff oversteer is a tricky bastard to deal with..reckon I got very lucky..
Anyway,im so happy you got out without any help and you are relatively ok..also happy no one else got hurt..I hope you will recover swiftly from this and very soon you will be giving us good news about purchasing another clio...
You may as well keep all the internals to meg your next one...
Glad you are ok mate..keep us posted:thumb:

Cheers Pav. Meg parts are provisionally sold, or at least i have an interested buyer. Had a look this morning and the engine and box seem untouched, as do the wheels and suspension so all will be sold and put towards a new car. Going to look at new VW Golfs tomorrow, nothing fancy probably just a GT 150 TDi. Then i'll start saving for a new Albi!

Last edited:
Reactions: Pav and Micah
So, so sorry to hear this, Sean, I am absolutely gutted for you. We all know how much time/love/effort you've put into the car and how proud you are of it, so this is terrible news. So glad that you've come away from it relatively unscathed though - as has been mentioned above, with a baby on the way, things could have turned out so much worse...

Hopefully you can recover some funds from it and it's all a painless experience. Either way, you are still here and will be a father to your child come December. I imagine it gave your lady a fright when you told her what had happened.

Quite sobering as well to think that this sort of thing can happen to any one of us. We all love a spirited drive and this will be a bit of a wake up call. Just glad that you're ok and you were able to tell us the tale.

hey @Sean197 !

I am really sorry to see this happened, glad that you are mostly alright and there were no serious injuries!

Just the other day I joined forum and talk to you in like 1 post or so (you wished me a nice welcome and pointed out to me why my photo uploads didn't work), and here a few days later I just see this sad thread of yours.

I am sure you will get to another 197/200 asap as you mentioned and I wish you best of luck there!

Reactions: Sean197
hope you are ok Sean..know i was pretty shaken when i nearly crashed mine..its more your brain to deal with rather than the fact you had lost your car...keep in touch

It's a family car lol it's not meant to be fast lol
Another albi will come, just not for a year or two.

Damn, I loved your car mate, shame. Glad you're ok and hope you'll get the chance of driving one again in the near future!

Skickat från min ONEPLUS A3003 via Tapatalk

I had Golf 7 for 6 months. It was nice allrounder car. With remote webasto it was fun at wintertime. My car was 1.4TSI 125hp with dsg7. 2015 model which has factory warranty until 9/2017.
Does that white golf have have xenons? I would buy car with xenons or led.
My golf was tornado red highline. There was little technical problems with engine and also steering rack / power steering motor was replaced with warranty. I sold it and bought 197...

medium.jpg

The accident scene. Pic was taken from the roadside where I went off.

jA0F7yG.jpg