My Albi is dead :(

Sean197

RIP Albi :( Hello Red 200 :)
Not great news :worried:

Absoultley gutted to report that, at around 3pm today whilst driving home from work, I lost control on a greasy back road on a left-hand bend. The car understeered and as I lifted off the front gripped and the back slid. I steered into the slide when suddenly all 4 wheels gripped, shooting the car to the right. The car hit the grass verge, which luckily spun the car clockwise, I say luckily as I demolished the top of a farmer's wall, hit a tree passenger-side on and proceeded into a field, ending up around 100 yards in the field, down a 30ft bank.
The irony is, off all the times I've driven quickly on this road, on this occasion I was only doing 55-60mph.
The clio has a bent chassis (passenger side is bent like a banana), and the boot floor is mangled.
The front seems absolutley fine, as does the engine/gearbox, wheels, and suspension. These will be inspected and all up for sale. The windscreen has a Sean's-head-shaped indentation on it lol
Fortunately my only injuries are a few stitches on my head where I head-butted the windscreen, and a few cuts and bruises on my arms and hands.
I lost my phone in the crash too, so no pics but i'm hoping to get up there tomorrow with a mate and have a look for my phone and keys.
The police are happy it was an accident, and i'm in the process of talking to the farmer about getting the car removed from the field in order to get it towed home.
Gutted does not even begin to cover it, but at least i'm ok which I suppose is the main thing. I can always buy another car. Unfortunately with a baby on the way in December it won't be another clio, at least not for now, but I can promise you I will be back in a 197 or 200 in the next few years as I absolutley loved that car :worried:

Reactions: krash67
Really sorry to hear that man, I crashed my old Clio but luckily it was very fixable to back end came out too and spun me round on some mud.

Good that you're ok but maybe you can blag a nice 182?

Reactions: ///M and Sean197
Devastated mate. One of my favourite cars

So pleased you're alright other than cuts and bruises.

Hope you get back in a Clio one day

Sad day

Really sorry to hear that man, I crashed my old Clio but luckily it was very fixable to back end came out too and spun me round on some mud.

Good that you're ok but maybe you can blag a nice 182?

Thanks. Don't want a 182, much prefer the shape of the 197/200. It'll be a while before i'm back in a clio tbh

Devastated mate. One of my favourite cars

So pleased you're alright other than cuts and bruises.

Hope you get back in a Clio one day

Sad day

Cheers Ben. Up to you and @Pav to keep the Albi flag flying now lol

Reactions: Pav
Gutted for you & shocked to read this. As you say could've been a lot worse & glad your injuries aren't any worse. Hope it's not too long until you're back in an RS. Maybe you'll get a Mk 4 sooner than you thought. Like I said, gutted & shocked!

Gutted for you & shocked to read this. As you say could've been a lot worse & glad your injuries aren't any worse. Hope it's not too long until you're back in an RS. Maybe you'll get a Mk 4 sooner than you thought. Like I said, gutted & shocked!

Thanks John. I'm devastated but as you say at least I got off relatively lightly. Will look at mk4's but doubt I can stretch at this point tbh

Ohhh sh*t.... sorry to hear about this but at least your ok and that's the main thing.

Fingers crossed you can salvage some parts and it's not a complete right off.

omg Sean - so sorry to hear mate, absolutely GUTTED for you mate, honestly I am.

On the bright side you are mostly ok as it sounded like it could have been a whole lot worse.

You could always save the engine and wheels etc and keep them for a future project and just buy a new car with the insurance payout?

Reactions: ///M
Sean. Mate. I've been sat here staring into space for ten minutes just not knowing what to say.

I'm just absolutely devastated for you. My heart absolutely sank reading that.

Firstly, and 100% most importantly, I'm massively glad you're relatively ok and that no one else was hurt.

This was a very hard thing to read fella. You seem to be very pragmatic about it all. I hope that's the case in real life. It's one of those wtf can you do moments that life has a scary ability to throw at you out of nowhere.

Hope to god the next few steps are absolutely as painless as possible and hope your insurance pull their finger out as they should.

The car, the harsh reality is that there will be others. Chalk it up as an amazing story to be able to tell people and do your best to move on fella. Make the next one special.

Feel so very bad for you mate.

Wish I could shout you to a beer or ten.

Much love.

Cheers guys.
@Chris spoke to the farmer whose field I parked in (LOL), he's gonna try to get it out and into his yard tomorrow. If the engine, suspension, and wheels are ok they'll be sold as I don't have the cash to reshell it into another clio. I won't be going through the insurance as i'll get more splitting it tbh.
@///M I'm DEVASTATED mate, but you're right - it's 'only' a car and can be replaced. Just spoke to my mate, he drove past and took pics for me. His first text was 'fuck me how are you still alive' so to walk out with a few cuts, i'll take that all day long.
Next car will be a boring family diesel i'm afraid, but I will never EVER forget how much driving pleasure that clio gave me, and mark my words I WILL be back in another, and it will be better than this one in every possible way.

Again, cheers for the words, really appreciate it.

Reactions: Jimmy
Cheers guys.
@Chris spoke to the farmer whose field I parked in (LOL), he's gonna try to get it out and into his yard tomorrow. If the engine, suspension, and wheels are ok they'll be sold as I don't have the cash to reshell it into another clio. I won't be going through the insurance as i'll get more splitting it tbh.

Completely fair enough bud - was just thinking out the box mate trying to save you some money if you wanted to rebuy that all the conversion again further down the line.

So gutted for you honestly. At least your not hurt which is the main thing..

Keep us updated, know you will!

Reactions: Sean197
Blimey! You were so lucky to walk away unscathed.

Are those curtain airbags or the roof lining in the photo? I didn’t know the 197 had curtain airbags, nice to know they do if that’s the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Sean197