Melting steering wheel update

I would have thought it'd be worth referencing to show its just not this model of Clio that has the problem its infact the 172,182,197 and most likely 200

This steering wheel blistering is also happening with my 08 plate 197. I contacted Renault UK today . The customer support manager said he had'nt heard of this blistering before now - yeah lol. He asked me to take some photos of the wheel and E-mail them to him, which I have done tonight . I will let you know how my case progresses.

Last edited:
Roy and anyone else with the same issue

When you had your first steering wheel when was the age and what was the millage , What did Ruk offer im 10 months out , how ever I did mention this when I was just outside my warranty but surprise surprise they have no record .

If I'm honest I'm angry at the quality and that they fail too see it as a common fault , I've had many Renault hot hatches and I'm unhappy at this I've just dome 36k the cars treated with respect and as you can see by my posts and threads I take pride and care in my car.

I can see post after post thread after thread on this issue but they say it's not a common fault , they CAN NOT supply me with warranty figures , to be fair Ian is a nice chap at RUK but I feel Asif it's still not fair that it should be replaced on such a low mile car , there's threads about cars less than a year old doing it with stupidly low miles.

Anyone who's had RUK dealings or Renault direct what was your outcome ,age of car , millage , what previous Renault cars you purchased? Percentage given ? If steering wheels already been replaced and doing it again ?

Help me out guys drop a post in here with any info thanks

Leigh

Think seeing as were all told by RUK they've never heard of this etc. is a standard legal response their people are told to say.

Maybe time to highlight to watchdog, as they seem to get their teeth into this type of problem when manufacture also deny a problem like their doing with us, Watchdog highlighted the peugeot/citreon cars & front passenger activating the brakes due to the conversion to RHD UK cars from LHD.

Think they need a kick up the behind about treating us all like fools with the 'never seen or heard about that' line :chair: going to Watchdog & Trading standards as wheel is def. sub-standard quality

Years ago we all moaned about british cars being bad quality & unreliable, but I know many which are now classed as classic's still with their original wheels and a few with aftermarket Mountneys(still 15-20 years old tho) but all in good condition

Can't remember if i said, but the girl I spoke to at Ruk when i turned down their free labour fitting new wheel offer I also mentioned I'd get this wheel re-trimmed and she had the cheek to bring up would it be good quality job :rofl: better than your standard wheel that's for sure

****e responses from then eBay baffles me , why is my offer lower than Roys ?
Pretty bored with there answers it is a fault and they need to take note I won't give up and I'm thinking the same Paul ,

They are stubborn with there responses and to be fair says it all Roy had his done and had to change it again .. Why are they not lasting .. It's the coating on them it's wank ! They blister to easy it's clearly a design fault !

Need to see others had a few pms already !

I don't understand why you lot got problem the steering wheel. Mine is over 4 year old, none a things problem or melting & worn. Strange!

I understand that but there's a huge number that have had the same issue therefore it's a known problem !

I don't understand why you lot got problem the steering wheel. Mine is over 4 year old, none a things problem or melting & worn. Strange!

When it happens once you think it's one of them things but when it happens twice and there's lots out there that have not complained and just replaced at there own expense there is a serious problem

I'm not finished yet I'm not having then run away and not deal with this in the manner that they should be dealing with it !

I'm not finished yet I'm not having then run away and not deal with this in the manner that they should be
dealing with it !
Leigh you have to carry on now or they win I didn't think I would get anywhere but I just stuck with it and got a decent result
You know you got my support all the way