Melting steering wheel update

Had the phone call today from RUK it's going to be inspected on Monday to see if it's a fault of there's or ours lol if it's there's they will replace it
We await there findings

Our's must be the death-grip we have :wink:

Also which phone number do you use, as I had one on the original email 08000 I think it was as they still not got back to me

i just asked my dealer, who i bought the car from, told them to get it sorted foc, told them bowt all the bother the rest of the clio197.net members were having and they knew there was a prblem with the steering wheels, took some photos, and called me to say it had been authorised. also had my boot lid sprayed 3 times. theres a thred on it.

Oh yea if it is there fault they will do it there and then it's already been ordered

typical they did call me about 1 hour ago left phone indoors while I was outside, going to call me again tomorrow, must remember to keep phone on me

typical they did call me about 1 hour ago left phone indoors while I was outside, going to call me again tomorrow, must remember to keep phone on me

They've been good with the phone calls to be honest the time they say they will call the have and always to my mobil

Just spoken with them and being as out of warranty and my 3 month dealer warranty only covers mechanical, steering wheels are classed as trim (typical) they said they would cover the labour costs (fair enough) but I would have to buy the wheel and at £400 inc. Vat.

Also seeing as replaced wheels have still melted I'm not going to waste my money as re-trim will be cheaper and can get it done in alcantara :smile:

But I'm happy with how they offered at least to cover labour costs as I kinda guessed being out of main warranty I'll try on the off chance they would replace.

They also mentioned they will keep a note as it may turn into a recall item if more people contacted them, as I mentioned from searching forums a high number of people listed this as a problem but she mentioned that they(RUK) of this problem before and have never been notified by the dealers of this.

Paul I have put a poll up see how many on here have had it done
But need some one on Renault Sport to do the same as I am not on there
So I can get some figures to fire at them

mines flaking to bits and there's a groove starting on the right hand side now.. I assume I will soon be through to the actual wheel and the cover will end up falling off :worried: 2007 R27..

from memory there was a list on Cliosport with over 100 names on it

The ones on Cliosport are primarily 172/182 steering wheels though so i wouldnt use that in your deffence as they are a different part.