I wish i was dead!!

Even if the insurance company say they will repair it i'd be tempted to refuse it. I think you can lawfully say you don't want it back and they can't moan

If they do repair it you're probably left with a Cat D that will be harder to sell on and you won't get as much for it. Also, when it gets to the end of the year, if you can't afford the insurance you have the hassle of selling on.

Be careful about what you do from now

guttedfor ya mate
hope you get sorted soon
keep us informed how things are going
keep ya chin up

The other car hit me in the drivers door just under the L on the clio cup decals but when they pulled the car out they done abit more damage to the door. The other side is perfectly fine doesnt look too bad of condition.

It was recovered by a company that my insurance uses.

I am not sure whats gonna happen tbh. If they repair it, it should be a Cat D im sure becuase that would be a write off then.

If its written off does the insurance company replace the car or just pays out?

It doesnt look too bad but never know until its given a proper look over. Im hoping that it'll be ok as its my baby.

It should be getting its assessment tomorrow then can see about repair or write off. The insurance company think it'll be a repair job but i get a car to use in the mean time.

I'll keep you guys updated on the situation and grap what advise i can off you.

Sorry to read about your motor Lloydy, glad your not hurt, I know you must be hurting inside but your car can be replaced, Hope this all gets sorted soon.

Good luck with it all, if you ever need any help with anything don't be afraid to shout, i'm only just down the road

It's difficult from pics to judge I know but id be amazed if they write that off. It looks like panel damage to me, the front slam bar doesn't even look distorted

Gutted for you lloydy, but at least you're ok. Hope things get resolved quickly, it's when other parties start pissing about it gets really annoying

Been some heavy casualties this week! I cannot believe the 'standard' of driving at the moment! Makes me worried to take mine out!

I really hope that it is all sorted in the way that you want without fuss! I really am gutted for you mate!

Gutted for you matey :worried: there are some right arse's around like the others have said, there not bothered about anybody else :worried: hope you get sorted matey

I cant see that being a write off mate.

Its a little heart breaking even for me to see them pictures mate, considering i see it in its full glory looking gorgeous just last sunday.

Some old women T-Boned mine 2 years ago with just 320 miles on the clock, i had it a week! Back then it destroyed my life, took the insurance company 3 months to repair it lol, however now im out the other side its given me a little sentimental value to the car. Abit like a special bond and personal attraction with it because i went through so much pain and back to happiness with it.

Hope you told the insurance company about the decals? They'll do anything to get out of a pay out and might have the gall to say the car is modified.

GAP insurance is a nonsense on a new car, as the normal insurance company will usually provide a brand new car in the event of a write-off.

Anyway, do as others have said and just be glad you bought a safe car and walked away from it.

Awwwwww man I'm absolutey gutted for you I hate seein ure car in that state hope it all gets sorted mate asap