I wish i was dead!!

Honestly would be better than what im going through now. Driving to meet some mates last night and was knocked off the road and into a ditch by a car that tried overtaking me coming up to and on a BLIND corner. My car went in the ditch and the other car drove off, it wasnt much of a hit but enough to finish me as i was steering away from the car anyway. My car is wrecked! I dont know whats gonna happen and to be honest im actually rather scaried. Im only 21 and have 2ncb as been driving as named driver before that. I got the car on finance and now im worried about the car being written off and insurance companies not wanting to insure me any more due to this crash even though it wasnt my fault. Any help would be much loved.

I called the police but they cant really do anything since i dont even know what colour make or model it was. Am gonna have to put it on my insurance.

Im not hurt but rather it be me than my clio.

Oh man, that sucks, puts the shunt with the Harley to shame really. Sorry to hear that. Dont worry, the claim wont affect things too much (might take 1 year off your NCB). Do you have GAP insurance?

Main thing is that you are ok. Only thing thats taking a hit is your pride. Chin up, and we'll get you through it.

Oh, and to add. Look on the brightside. At least you are only 21. I am 30 1 week tomorrow.

Last edited:
Ah no, that's terrible luck :worried:

Whats the damage? Maybe you could repair it for not too much money?

not good mate but its not worth thinking that....honestly it isnt !

ncb will go back to zero after a claim and also you will have to declare it - be prepared for a price hike !!!

ncb will go back to zero after a claim and also you will have to declare it - be prepared for a price hike !!!

Not true in all cases. Sometimes it will only take a year or so off for each claim made. Obviously, with protected NCB you keep the whole NCB and can make usually 2 total loss claims in any 1 year period.

Not true in all cases. Sometimes it will only take a year or so off for each claim made. Obviously, with protected NCB you keep the whole NCB and can make usually 2 total loss claims in any 1 year period.

This is true, Also works the same if you use a 3rd party to insure on track days.

gutted for you mate, but the important thing is that your ok. It may cost money but your car can be replaced, nothing can replace a life.

This happened to me not long after I'd pasted, it scared the poo out of me and nearly put me off driving full stop. It didnt help that the road was covered in snow.

Honestly would be better than what im going through now. Driving to meet some mates last night and was knocked off the road and into a ditch by a car that tried overtaking me coming up to and on a BLIND corner. My car went in the ditch and the other car drove off, it wasnt much of a hit but enough to finish me as i was steering away from the car anyway. My car is wrecked! I dont know whats gonna happen and to be honest im actually rather scaried. Im only 21 and have 2ncb as been driving as named driver before that. I got the car on finance and now im worried about the car being written off and insurance companies not wanting to insure me any more due to this crash even though it wasnt my fault. Any help would be much loved.

I called the police but they cant really do anything since i dont even know what colour make or model it was. Am gonna have to put it on my insurance.

Im not hurt but rather it be me than my clio.

is it just cosmetic damage or mechanical aswell? and sorry to hear mate!

Really bad luck, but the car is replaceable, you aren't. Didn't you just buy this new? In which case the insurance should pay out for a new one, so you shouldn't have any issue with the finco. Your insurance for the balance of this policy shouldn't change, but next years might be expensive. You should try to get a handle on what your premium will be, before you actually replace the Clio, as it may be too much to swallow. Get a couple of quotes online now, and put that you have no NCB and a recent claim, it should give you a reasonable indication of how bad things might be.

Just how bad is the damage?

Chin up though, it's only a car, these things happen. Something similar happened to my sister around 6m ago, she had to take evasive action and drove her mum's Golf into a hedge, fortunately the damage wasn't too bad and they avoided a claim, but it is easy enough to find yourself in that situtation, don't beat yourself up about it.

Thanks I hope so my clio was everything to me it was everything I had ever wanted from a car and treated it so carefully, just goes to show if i floored it off it may still be here.

the Harley crash is still bad not so much the crash itself but the hassle afterwards and having the car not perfect anymore.

I do have GAP cover so glad I got that. Do you really think i'll lose just the one year ncb?? I hope so cause its not even my fault yet i need to claim on my insurance.

Really hope Im able to get back in a clio, my poor baby. My pride and heart is broken mate. I work very hard to afford my clio, ive paid for that all by myself without help and love it to bits, i really do treat it with soo much respect. Im not one of these boy racers. I really cant believe it. Just wish i hadnt gone that way as i dont normally go down that road unless im round the girlfriends.

Well on the brightside of being 29/30 your taken more seriously than a 21yr old.

Not a bad thing but only brought the gold membership last week lol

If you have GAP then you definately don't need to worry about finance, you will get paid out what you paid for the car.

I still recommend you get some insurance quotes to check on just how bad things might be.

I'll see about gettin some pictures up.

Yh brought it new got it on the 1st march 2010 (happiest day of my life), so was only 6m and 1 day old. Gonna have to see what happens waiting oon a phone call now. I gonna do some quotes and see what it says proberly "No way" lol

If you have GAP then you definately don't need to worry about finance, you will get paid out what you paid for the car.

I still recommend you get some insurance quotes to check on just how bad things might be.

Careful here, GAP providers make up the difference where in their opinion they feel that the insurer has made good their payout. If they feel that the insurer has not been forthcoming the insured is expected to negotiate on behalf of the GAP provider. There's always a clause so check your policy.

And OP, a crash is an incovenience, not something to wish yourself dead over. You will deal with far greater things in life before they box you up.

Last edited:
chin up, it will feel like the end of the world at the moment, but it will all sort its self out. I know what I'd be like in that situation, so Im a fine one to talk....but unfortunetly **** happens! and thats why we pay insurance. It may be a little bit more expensive next time around but not as expensive as forking out for a new car!

How bad is the damage to the B pillar, where the door closes? If that isn't bad, and the sill is straight, it should be easily repairable. Whether or not you want it repaired is another matter...

Right im gonna lose all ncb which is 2yrs and pay my £750 excess. Its looking like it'll b a repair job and i will get a car in the mean time, nothing special or tasteful though. Am worried would sort of hit i'll be taking nex year but the insurance company recognise its not my fault. Repairs should be starting next week.

What is happening this week, so many accidents!

This is a very very sad sight, i'm really sorry for you Lloydy and i hope you get the best possible outcome.
Cars are just cars at the end of the day, keen this in perspective, like others have stated; at least you are physically ok!

For what its worth i don't think its a write off.
Bumper / Wing / door / headlight unit / and repair to the rear 1/4.

Good luck with it fella, chin-up hey.

It doesnt look too bad and the passenger door looks fine its nice and equal. Bit of extra damage pulling the car out of the ditch which i aint too happy with but it was deep. I'm gonna have it repaired but its not gonna be the same again. Does anyone know when it come to doing the set up if the repair garage is gonna be able to set up the suspension correctly since its a Cup so dampers etc or that come pre set?