Forza 4 Clio Cup Series Lap Times (Week 2- Nurburgring Nordschleife Full Circuit)

Wheres the dislike button?!

Lol.

It would seem that the leaderboard I looked at last night with all the times was wrong. It said your best was a 08:50:900 but its 08:50:2 so got just over 1.5 seconds to find.

Fingers crossed I can get it. :-p

Lol.

It would seem that the leaderboard I looked at last night with all the times was wrong. It said your best was a 08:50:900 but its 08:50:2 so got just over 1.5 seconds to find.

Fingers crossed I can get it. :-p

By tonight you'll have to find a lot more than 1.5 seconds, lol

:bat:

As good as this is, its fast becoming a tuning competition rather than a driving one. I can see the need for being able to tune your car to how you like it but IMO its taking a little bit away from the whole driving thing. Especially highlighted by the fact we're trying to tune for 8 or 9 minute laps.

Gah, I've slipped right down in this one!!! :smiley:

Better get settled down with some Koppaburg tomorrow and give it some stick. :thumbup:

As good as this is, its fast becoming a tuning competition rather than a driving one. I can see the need for being able to tune your car to how you like it but IMO its taking a little bit away from the whole driving thing. Especially highlighted by the fact we're trying to tune for 8 or 9 minute laps.

then why dont you lot just use standard cars?

Ive given up driving the 200. Doesnt handle like i feel it should and i have no idea what to tweek to get the changes i need

It's only because of the track, on another track it won't be as massive a gap. Although even a good tune won't make you a better driver. The tune can only do so much for you.

Just because your driving schumachers car doesn't make you a driving god.

It's only because of the track, on another track it won't be as massive a gap. Although even a good tune won't make you a better driver. The tune can only do so much for you.

Just because your driving schumachers car doesn't make you a driving god.

Its not the lack of skill that's the problem, I don't have spare time for tuning.

It's called the Clio Cup series so modified and tuned cars it's gotta be.

Also, for those that don't know. If you reverse when the countdown ends to start your first lap and race to the bottom of the hill (staying off the grass) then spinning round and head for the start finish line it means you start your first lap "flying".

Essentially you don't have to do the first full lap.

It's called the Clio Cup series so modified and tuned cars it's gotta be.

Also, for those that don't know. If you reverse when the countdown ends to start your first lap and race to the bottom of the hill (staying off the grass) then spinning round and head for the start finish line it means you start your first lap "flying".

Essentially you don't have to do the first full lap.

Who's to say we can't all use the same tune though? We could have a 'tune off' and vote to see which car to go with. That would mean we're still using modded cars, cutting out the tuning time and also makes competition closer and more fun.

Who's to say we can't all use the same tune though? We could have a 'tune off' and vote to see which car to go with. That would mean we're still using modded cars, cutting out the tuning time and also makes competition closer and more fun.

Coz it's impossible to police. It's easy to see someone has modified a car but not easy to tell that they ain't using the set tune.

I can see what you are saying though. I kinda agree. It's a driving competition and not a tuning competition.

I can drive any car to its full potential but don't have a clue about tuning. All I aim for it changing the final gear drive to a point where by the car almost touches the limiter on the longest straight. That's it tbh.

Coz it's impossible to police. It's easy to see someone has modified a car but not easy to tell that they ain't using the set tune.

That's the same now though. Infact its easier to police because the winning tune would be distributed via a storefront meaning its locked so it can't be changed. All you have to do if you suspect a tune anyway is check the telemetry and look for things like power, torque, camber and what revs it redlines at.

It was just an idea to keep this interesting for everyone, I for one probably won't be able to put the time in to do all the races and stay competitive, especially with the summer coming up.

If I could just pick it up and drive it would mean it would be easier, I'm sure a fair amount of others will fade out too, which is a shame.

We will finish this weeks challenge as we currently are and think of a way to make it easier to tune. But I like the idea of a locked tune.

But you would need to do that for every track. The point of tuning is to optimise for the track your racing on. Try using your ring setup on tsubuku? Think the next track is Maple Valley Short. Completely different track to the current one. The car just wouldn't work

There isn't just a 'magic' tune that works for every person.

Tunes can be easily distributed via a single persons storefront for free and Will all be locked.

You wouldn't need to do it for every track as a good all round car would be fine for all tracks as no one would have an advantage.

Hopefully that would shift the focus of these threads to driving technique rather than tuning secrets. After all, the driving is the fun part.

Its just an idea that could be worth looking at, only downer is you may end up driving a car that isn't quite to your driving style, but test drives and votes should clear that up.

Last edited: