Forza 4 Clio Cup Series Lap Times (Week 2- Nurburgring Nordschleife Full Circuit)

I can generally set top 300 times on the boards with an all round tune, track specific tuning makes very little difference and would be a waste of time in this closed comp anyway as you'd all have the same tune.

But we want to go as fast as we can. That means dialling the car into the specific track. I'd be quite happy to make a tune for every track.

then why dont you lot just use standard cars?
Maybe there should be an open and a stock class?

Same tracks - just one with our current cars and one with standard cars. Same tracks each week, just two leagues?

Simple enough to manage I'd think?

How do you define 'all round' tune? Its just a bit of fun for the Clios. It's not to be taken as seriously as blaming someone's ability to tune for the reason they are good at the game. Even if we all had standard cars, there will still be a range of times.

Was playing with Tom the other day who uses an auto box, which is very obviously not as quick as a manual. So do you want us all in autos so people aren't at another disadvantage.

My clio from last week is in the club garage, drive it against your fastest lap to see how much of an improvement you can make, don't think you'll see much tbh.

I wouldn't mind setting up tune, would need help because it will take a week to pull a competitive tune together as its always tweaking and improving. But it would be tuned to my driving style, if you don't like that, then your at a disadvantage.

Last edited:
It'd be better with the one league like we have now.

How about standard cars but for a specific set of wheels and fully adjustable suspension?

Gotta change the wheels as the standard cup wheels can't be painted.
Tru dat!

TBH - Whatever the league, whatever the car, whatever the tuining setup rules - the outcome will always be the similar.

Do you think I'm 9:23 and Noddie is 8:50 'cause he's loads better at tuning or because he's actually just better than me?

(probably both actually lolol)

This is supposed to be a good laugh - don't take it so serious. I don't spend loads and loads of time tuning my cars or coming first, but I'm having a good time anyway - and that's. what. it's. all. about!

Lighten up fellas! :-p

I know for a fact the tune isn't everything but I also know a good tune can make all the difference. I'm not blaming anyone for anything. On reflection I don't think this comp is for me, personally I need something I can just pick up and race as I can get far too involved in tuning and simply don't have the time at present. I'm just the type of person who likes a level playing field in in sports as we all know that creates a much more fun and exciting racing experience, that's why we all love the Clio Cup series. When it all becomes too customizable that's when the fun starts dropping out of it. But if you lot are happy then there's no issue, just for me it becomes less interesting.

It depends on how long you want to spend on tuning the setup. Personally I have half an hour messing about with Spring Rates and Damping Rates to cater for the different types of kerbing and surfaces of track and that's pretty much it. I'll fiddle with the Camber to try and even out the tyre temps a bit too and maybe the Diff' if I'm have too much/too little understeer.

It's just a bit of fun at the end of the day, people who are just better at the game will be higher up the times regardless of what tune they're running. People who are very knowledgable about cars but sh!t at racing games will always be lower down the times, that's all part of the fun really. If people want to spend 3 days working on the setup and 4 days lapping then that's up to them, if people want to spend half an hour fiddling and then the rest of their time just smashing laps in as and when they have a spare half hour through the week to see what they can do then that's great too.

I fall into the latter category. No doubt I could sit here all night and make some physics-bending setup but I really can't be bothered. I like having a quick mess and getting the car to move/ride how I feel is best for a specific track and then have a blast around. The beauty of having everything as adjustable as it is, is that people can make their own decision on how much or how little to fiddle about with it all.

Then, if groups of people want to jump in and race each other, they'll be able to safe in the knowledge that they're on an even playing field as all of the cars are mechanically identical. No racing series in the real world prevents you from altering the setup of the car, no matter wether it's a one make series or otherwise.

It is what you make of it. To me, it's a bit of fun and if I'm online and anybody wants an actual race or a couple of races then I'll happily jump in with them and no doubt it'll be pretty even regardless of who it is or how much faster or slower than me they are on the old leaderboards. :smile:

My setup is identical to last week apart from ratios! Didn't change a thing as couldnt be arsed! Practice will gain you more time than tuning!
Oh and just set a 08:49.848....sorry :smile:

Lol, nice time. Doubt I'll get back on this week. Broke the 9min barrier that I wanted to do. Think it was 8.58.xxx, looks like that's all I'll muster up.

Noddie - when this week is up i wouldnt mind knowing your ratio, as I've just watched your replay and they are so diffetent to mine its unreal, lol. Plus, looks like a few times where it was so so close to being dirty lap!
Not sure I'm gona get another chance to play this week :worried:

My setup is identical to last week apart from ratios! Didn't change a thing as couldnt be arsed! Practice will gain you more time than tuning!
Oh and just set a 08:49.848....sorry :smile:

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan I kill ya :poke:
Went down with a 8:50:179 and in the next lap I was 1.7sec in front of that time and then flipped the car.
Stopped playing cause I thought I had the best time anyway grrrrrrrrrrrrrr :bash:

N0ddie is freakin fast on Döttinger Höhe
Roger and me are 100% similar.

Haha, I spotted your time on leaderboard just after i set mine, lol.
There is another 2 seconds there if i hit rvery corner bang on, but i aint got the time or patience to do it as something always goes wrong.
To be split by 3 tenths over 13 miles, id say that pretty dam similar, lol

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan I kill ya :poke:
Went down with a 8:50:179 and in the next lap I was 1.7sec in front of that time and then flipped the car.
Stopped playing cause I thought I had the best time anyway grrrrrrrrrrrrrr :bash:

N0ddie is freakin fast on Döttinger Höhe
Roger and me are 100% similar.

Which corner is dotting er hohe?