FCS - Your Feedback Please

Can I be cheeky and ask if you have a date set for next year yet? Need to start booking my 2013-2014 holiday like asap lol!!!

100%, the show is designed on CAD and space is all mapped out.

As I said on show day, being unable to split you from meganesport shafted us and you.

Also no one at MS arranged parking which is crazy with 175 cars

We will happily support you in 2013.

Also track time crashes have meant we had to dramatically change format in 2013.

Mark

found it a bit strange myself that no one :wink: had sorted the meg parking and wasnt even on stand :worried:

what you think of track being

£75 for 120 minutes open pit x3 during the day. Working from pits.

Take away most of the 15 slots were we had fires, crashes, people being taken to hospital hence issues PM.

Parking wasnt a issue for the Meganes or the Twingos as someone from each club was sorting them out but the Clio issue was members arrived and dumped the cars.

Once i sorted the Twingos out as no one from the Clios took it on i fought id try do what we could with the space left. A few turned back up and we got them adjusted. but space was running out quickier then i could park the cars up. Also due to Track time cars where the abandoned cars could have replaced them with a track car as they was the easy ones to get out.

Also didnt help was the foreign 106s that dumped themselves in the stand!

Could have done with more space if im honest but for what we was given i think we did a great job. Also there was only 1 of the guys in the yellow jackets that asked if we needed help while the others did jack except stand there talking to each other!

he was on a stall your right mark.

you will never get that info out of him mike. :wink:

just think if we arent following download and its always june then it will probably be ist weekend in june :wink:

how much was it this year for a pit garage if we wanted to get 1 next year as a vip area.?

Can we have some thing that allows disabled people the chance to go out on the track as a passenger???I can understand not as a driver but sureley it can have a section for this as for me I have never been on track and would love the chance to be able to

120m sessions with garage sounds much better. The area where everyone had to que to get on the track was woefully inadequate and that wasnt because of where it was but more to the point that it want big enough due to club parking right next to it.

We were waiting to go on and has people jostling and pushing in front and it wasnt even their time slot, chaos....

First FCS show. Was very disappointed. I know Fordfair might be larger and more established but was so much better (and I'm not a Ford fan). Its the kind of show you could attend without actually owning a Ford. The FCS seemed somewhat disorganized and dis-jointed; and things seemed to be left for others to sort themselves out once you were in. The VIP tent was an absolute farce. After about an hour, there was nothing VIP about it. The VIP status could have been linked to fast tracked rides in the clio or meg. Don't understand Renaultsport. Surely this was a great opportunity to reach out to owners.....customer feed back, promoting and selling merchandise. I was armed with my credit card and if there were better opportunities and offers, could have easily walked away with all sorts.

Without the other members being there, I would have set back off home after about a hour.......

Last edited:
First FCS show. Was very disappointed. I know Fordfair might be larger and more established but was so much better (and I'm not a Ford fan). Its the kind of show you could attend without actually owning a Ford. The FCS seemed somewhat disorganized and left for those to sort themselves out. The VIP tent was an absolute farce.
Without the other members being there, I would have set back off after about a hour.......

You found home with us Litchy and wanted to listen to a brummie accent so you stayed lol

***VIP Tent was run by Renault!!!

But yes Litchy, I know what you mean about FF!

PS on track time, we use the UK's number one company and donington staff, they run hundreds of track days.

I said to them what happened this year.

The 100% blamed running 40 minutes behind due to the stupidly high volume of people
landing in gravel, hitting tyre walls, crashing into each other.

This is all circuit issues and timings are governed by safety.

This is nothing to do with organisation.

Next year we will propose to cut down on 15 minute slots and try and run 3 x 120 minutes open pit from the pit lane.

How does that sound?

Much less people going on circuit
Much less change overs
More time to get to know the track

Mark

The way you ran the track time was f*cking diabolical!!!!

You people couldn't run a bath let alone organising track time! In and out from the same entrance?? No signs??? No one gave a crap just wanted our money! The last session was horrendous, they just threw everyone on track, and I spent less than my allotted time dodging muppets because there were to many people on track, u basically let the last 2 sessions on together because u wanted to go home!!!

AND the only 2 flags I saw in the briefing were red and yellow!!! Did u forget the others? Perhaps if u conducted your briefings properly there MIGHT be less accidents. I'm in the motions of perusing this further as I was horrified how lax u were about track time. I've done a lot of track days and never seen anything run so bad.

I'm very much looking forward to Wat u have to say.

You found home with us Litchy and wanted to listen to a brummie accent so you stayed lol

***VIP Tent was run by Renault!!!

But yes Litchy, I know what you mean about FF!

Yep the only way I knew that cause the person empty the bins had a renault shirt on. Thought they would be taking my name to get me to test drive stuff at local dealer and all sorts.

Roy, its a good job it wasn't too VIP....Wouldn't have let us Brummies in the tent for starters...!!!!
I'm in Brum all the time as my family live in Great Barr. Best mate lives in Wednesbury....so gonna come to the Brum meets

Last edited:
Surly it's still down to them to some extent? Especially if it's pi55ed off the customers?? Bet they don't run BTCC races or track days like they did at FCS?

This is why i never bother with track time at car shows, its just too much hassle to prep for tracking plus enjoy the car show. Too much going on!

The way you ran the track time was f*cking diabolical!!!!

You people couldn't run a bath let alone organising track time! In and out from the same entrance?? No signs??? No one gave a crap just wanted our money! The last session was horrendous, they just threw everyone on track, and I spent less than my allotted time dodging muppets because there were to many people on track, u basically let the last 2 sessions on together because u wanted to go home!!!

AND the only 2 flags I saw in the briefing were red and yellow!!! Did u forget the others? Perhaps if u conducted your briefings properly there MIGHT be less accidents. I'm in the motions of perusing this further as I was horrified how lax u were about track time. I've done a lot of track days and never seen anything run so bad.

I'm very much looking forward to Wat u have to say.

here here, remember that 1930,s car that force the car infront of us to anchor up!!1 really was f-ing silly

but at btcc races there are a load of inexperienced kids on the track hitting anything they can find.(and i dont mean you, so dont take offence please)
crashes surely take time to clear and people limping back to the pits etc.?

i cant comment on the same way in and out though as that does seam daft.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nick FCS 19
///M FCS 24
trackspec197 General Chat 0
Nick FCS 43
cliokam Gallery 23