FCS - Your Feedback Please

I have booked venues and sold track for 11 out of 12 years at FCS.

We hired two of the UK's best companies for this circuit

1 - Donington (provide rules and marshalls)
2 - Bookatrack (we have to use them for briefings/running the track)

We pay them huge amount of money to run it properly.

Redgate ON / OFF is a requirement from Donington which works at other shows.

I certainly not happy with some of the feedback and will be raising it.

Its the same outfit that done track for us for 5 years at Rockingham so not sure why it never worked out this same.

If you ran an event there it would have been the same people doing the same thing for you.

Japfest2 in two weeks will have the same set up/same staff/same briefings/same marshalls/same on and off.

Will be entrigued to see how that goes.

FCS doesn't run the track or anything to do with it. I am a customer of those companies and you are my customer. So I am in the same position and want answers as well.

Mark

Last edited:
Yep the only way I knew that cause the person empty the bins had a renault shirt on. Thought they would be taking my name to get me to test drive stuff at local dealer and all sorts.

Roy, its a good job it wasn't too VIP....Wouldn't have let us Brummies in the tent for starters...!!!!
I'm in Brum all the time as my family live in Great Barr. Best mate lives in Wednesbury....so gonna come to the Brum meets

Nice one mate

Like I said in an earlier post,

I understand we will not be happy to run 15 minute slots next year.

It works at many other venues but mayb its the wrong 'crowd' in the french market.

Like I said in an earlier post,

I understand we will not be happy to run 15 minute slots next year.

It works at many other venues but mayb its the wrong 'crowd' in the french market.

15 min slots are not the problem, how ti we set out and run was! and if there was a delay cos of the muppets, so what, surly the track time still has to be honnoured? even if the show does finish late!

Fine if you do 15 minutes slots, but how about put some space in between instead of backing them onto each other to squeeze as much money out of us as possible with no margin for error.

I ended up being on track for 6 minutes (from entering the gate, to chequered flag) and was told it was because they were running late. How was / is that my problem? I paid for 15 minutes and expected 15 - not 6.

I have booked venues and sold track for 11 out of 12 years at FCS.

We hired two of the UK's best companies for this circuit

1 - Donington
2 - Bookatrack

We pay them huge amount of money to run it properly.

Redgate ON / OFF is a requirement from Donington which works at other shows.

I certainly not happy with some of the feedback and will be raising it.

Its the same outfit that done track for us for 5 years at Rockingham so not sure why it never worked out this same.

If you ran an event there it would have been the same people doing the same thing for you.

Japfest2 in two weeks will have the same set up/same staff/same briefings/same marshalls/same on and off.

Will be entrigued to see how that goes.

FCS doesn't run the track or anything to do with it. I am a customer of those companies and you are my customer. So I am in the same position and want answers as well.

Mark

Ok fair enough. I apologise for being a bit strong if it's not directly your fault. However like u say these are still serious points to be recognised. I've spent kkkk's on my car and it seemed like 90% of people just didn't care if they crashed or not, but I do lol?! You'll still get the muppets but there must be a way to stop some of it, the marshals seemed useless, the amount of people overtaking on kerbs etc was mental. No track day I've ever been has been like this, spent most of my time trying to avoid people crashing into me.

Donington have strict noise regs and they tell us its the risks of track days.

I have never experienced this in 12 years.

We do the same each year and expect things to run smoothly with the odd hicup.

I know at the likes of Trax people have lost whole slots in the past.

If you lose whole slots, then refund the people at the end of the day who didnt get on?

If you were selling loaves of bread, people wouldnt be happy with a few slices instead of a whole loaf :smile:

Also, fair play for coming on here to answer the questions.

Mike

Jase will tell you (I hope) we try our best but this isn't something I wanted to hear or indeed see.

In 2013 we are looking at running 120 mins open pit x3 sessions with use of the pit lane.

I won't telerate this again if its so bad.

I don;t want Renault to take the heat for the VIP as its Dave Lees baby from Meganesport.

I am a club person like you and I will happily discuss this.

tbh NO ONE told Gordon and I this was even an issue on the day.

I sat with a radio and NOT a peep about running 40 minutes late.

Last edited:
Mike

Jase will tell you (I hope) we try our best but this isn't something I wanted to hear or indeed see.

In 2013 we are looking at running 120 mins open pit x3 sessions with use of the pit lane.

I won't telerate this again if its so bad.

I don;t want Renault to take the heat for the VIP as its Dave Lees baby from Meganesport.

bth 120min session is asking for trouble, unless the ammount of cars are capped, but your not gonna make the money! thats what it all comes down to

Mark,

Thank you for coming to answer these points, I hope it does change things for the better, and I'm sure there will be more questions for you to answer yet :smile::smile::smile:

Is it not possable to do it as club time such as
Meg sport 10-12
Clio197/200 12/14 and so on so at least you know who's out there with you as some one in a £20.000 car ain't going to be as stupid in a £100 wreck
Just a thought

I am a club person like you and I will happily discuss this.

tbh NO ONE told Gordon and I this was even an issue on the day.

I sat with a radio and NOT a peep about running 40 minutes late.

I didn't really no who to talk to on that one tbh or I would of had a chat with someone.

Track isn't about making money its about covering costs.

I believe the 3 hours open pit in the morning went okay (I think it did).

Gordon and I work full time on our own jobs, its not about a big windfall. Its about an enjoyable show firstly.

Most venues tell us our planning is 1000% better than any other show organisers, just everything is contracted and we depend on then handing everything over to other people on show day.

yes and clubs can buy dedicated sessions,

few years back clubs bought all the circuit, clubs went out together and in the main that meant you were with like individuals.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nick FCS 19
///M FCS 24
trackspec197 General Chat 0
Nick FCS 43
cliokam Gallery 23