FCS - Your Feedback Please

There was absolutely chaos down the gate at one point with about 25 cars waiting to be noise tested and go on track!

I don't really understand why you weren't told at all - the people in the sign on room were very aware and I saw at least 2 people go in really annoyed about the situation but were brushed off, told no refunds and told to contact bookatrack on the website!

Track isn't about making money its about covering costs.

I believe the 3 hours open pit in the morning went okay (I think it did).

Gordon and I work full time on our own jobs, its not about a big windfall. Its about an enjoyable show firstly.

Most venues tell us our planning is 1000% better than any other show organisers, just everything is contracted and we depend on then handing everything over to other people on show day.

covering costs / making money! to cram as many cars in to one session as they did, thats all that shouted out, there was nothing "safty" about the track time at this FCS thats for sure

I sold 22 cars per slot with a track capacity of 30.

On top of this there would be MAX up to 8 sponsors and Renault on open pit. So as far as I am concerned we were never over subscribed.

So sounds like Redgate was a disaster at some points.

Bookatrack are blaming stoppages end of if I speak to them.

I sold 22 cars per slot with a track capacity of 30.

On top of this there would be MAX up to 8 sponsors and Renault on open pit.

So sounds like Redgate was a disaster.

Whilst I was at the signon booth about 4pm they gave renault another all day pass as 'track wasn't at capacity'

I'd love to know the figures for the free-for-all time I bet the camera man has more than 60 different cars in his album for that slot!

MikeDX race control I would have thought would never allow more than 30 on track. iF they have I know they can go up to 40.

I know at Rockingham we used to run up to 50 on International.

I was aware Donington screwed the noise testing up but giving wrong location which was crazy.

Will do, I'll email him tomorrow with the issues. Fair play if this wasn't your fault, but someone needs to listen about all this, it was dreadful.

Mate

I really hope Jase defends me here. We are 100% behind you mate.

I am struggling to get anywhere with the track as they just say thats what happens.

The delays on track have created massive queues at Redgate and the knock on effect has ruined slots.

I appreciate feedback and I am not here to hide if something isn't right.

We have started a private fb group for people to discuss 2013 from the clubs.

You are welcome to join. Are you on fb?

Mark, best of luck sorting this with the track.

I have a feeling they wont own up to anything and don't actually care.

Mike is a good bet for putting an email together as he was on (or off) track more than any of us.

Thanks Mike

Yeah, Early feedback is, track safety, running late.

They have told us to have periodic gaps between sessions at Donington to catch any slack. This wasn't suggested to us beforehand as we did sell back to back like other events.

we didn't sell out either - say 75 slots unsold so it really shouldnt have got so manic.

I will be looking at 120 mins open pit x 3 next year to save all this.

Like I said earlier Paul at RS Tuning predicted this crowd would end up crashing.

May I suggest next year at the least we do a dedicated RS session at 1300 so there is ZERO slippage from the pit lane.

Only RS cars.
From pit lane
Only 30 cars max

possibly two hours open pit for £75

That way its just you guys.

NO interference.

No idiots and if there is, they get dealt with

Just an idea

Mark

You do 2 hours at £75 for just us and i'll sign up right now! :smile:

Also I have a question

I thought the parade lap was going to be valvers - but it seemed everybody just piled in, and some of it turned into 'real' laps?

don't tell me even the parade lap was f**ked up.

The valvers were followed by Cliosport as they were allowed 100 cars.

There was one lead car so suspect cliosport caught up.

Thanks Mike

Yeah, Early feedback is, track safety, running late.

They have told us to have periodic gaps between sessions at Donington to catch any slack. This wasn't suggested to us beforehand as we did sell back to back like other events.

we didn't sell out either - say 75 slots unsold so it really shouldnt have got so manic.

I will be looking at 120 mins open pit x 3 next year to save all this.

Like I said earlier Paul at RS Tuning predicted this crowd would end up crashing.

May I suggest next year at the least we do a dedicated RS session at 1300 so there is ZERO slippage from the pit lane.

Only RS cars.
From pit lane
Only 30 cars max

possibly two hours open pit for £75

That way its just you guys.

NO interference.

No idiots and if there is, they get dealt with

Just an idea

Mark

This sounds like a great idea :smile:

I am typing a feedback document tomorrow and I promise 150% I will be discussing how the track turned out as the day progressed.

Not what I wanted
Not happened before
Not what you wanted

2013 will be better thanks to you guys.

Please if you can add me as a friend on facebook and we can add some of you to the planning team.

I also would like some of you on a site visit in january if its not too far for you.

Thanks
Mark

Last edited:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nick FCS 19
///M FCS 24
trackspec197 General Chat 0
Nick FCS 43
cliokam Gallery 23