FCS - Your Feedback Please

FCS 2012 @ Donington

Just thought I'd post thanking Donington Park for catering the French Car Show and what a succsess it was
Cheers

Interested to read the thread on CS (Clicky) - one thing that seems to be coming out on there is the lack of Trade Stands

I will forward this thread detail onto Mark Dow - it will be interesting to see what he has to say about it all!

This was my first French Car Show which was particularly good for me because I collected my Clio RS 200 on the Saturday morning and it was great to be surrounded by fellow owners and enthusiasts!

I arrived nice and early and was immediately confused by the parking arrangements and the general layout of the event. As more people turned up all became clear but there was no clear distinction between Clio197/200 members and all the other cars that appeared. I had a knackered old Fiesta parked next to me for a while!!! :smile:

I thought the track action was good, Pit Lane access was a bonus and it was great to chat to the guys from K-Tek Racing who will definitely be seeing my car sometime soon!

I did mange to end up with two of the STP/Armorall goodie bags which was a bonus I suppose!!

A good day out and I will come again.... :smile:

hello guys

just a few responses

1 - There was a massive problem getting into Donington as you probably don't realise but the road you had to use was NOT the main road. The main road was a foot under mud so an alternative had to be found so was re-routed. This was due to weather and download. This was re-routed at 8pm the night before.

2 - There was 45 traders booked in. I think as there were two trade areas it split it so gave impression it wans't big. Thats all the trade that come but consdering we had Forge, KW, Samco, Scorpion. Ktec, Renault, RS Tuning, AT Power, Tour De Force etc etc who else would you want to see?

3 - Person in wheel chair was ME and no one else. Person pushing was Gordon with staff on his back. I broke me leg in three places BEFORE FCS.

4 - Its a new venue and there will be teething issues.

5 - Clio200 / Twingo 133 and Meganesport teaming up created a massive problem for us, last year you had 110 cars, this year it was 175 and we couldn't split the clubs as many of you had booked through meganesport.

6 - Track time was effected PM due to the high volume crashing off circuit. we have a plan for 2013.

7 - VIP don't look at us, this was done via your own clubs despite me being continually asked about it.

So all in all. feedback has been 98% good thankfully.

Next year I have asked Jason Hinson to consider just putting your bookings direct to FCS so we can ensure there is no over crowding and we can move clubs accordingly.

We have a plan in place for circuit to cut down on down time

and FINGERS crossed we have better weather next year before the show.

Thanks
mark

PS on track time, we use the UK's number one company and donington staff, they run hundreds of track days.

I said to them what happened this year.

The 100% blamed running 40 minutes behind due to the stupidly high volume of people
landing in gravel, hitting tyre walls, crashing into each other.

This is all circuit issues and timings are governed by safety.

This is nothing to do with organisation.

Next year we will propose to cut down on 15 minute slots and try and run 3 x 120 minutes open pit from the pit lane.

How does that sound?

Much less people going on circuit
Much less change overs
More time to get to know the track

Mark

Yeah I know that the VIP was done by Renault. We have an idea, which I will speak to you directly about for our own sort of VIP area for our members.

Thanks for your feedback, it is good to hear what your responses are, and having had a week now, can see that new venue has challenged you, but next year hopefully things should be good!

we were up against the weather mate which created hell for getting in.

Our team and strategy was 100% same as previous years we just seemed to be against it.

Paul at RS Tuning said before, Donington great circuit but loads of the idiots will crash and he was correct.

Feedback on 3 sessions of 120 minutes for say £75? thats open pit with garage as well.

VIP was dave lee and not Renault incase they get the bad rep as well lol

Mark

Just saw another comment

Clubs are supposed to arrange their own stand parking, you had all that area and I don't believe three clubs with 175 cars had bothered arranging anything?!?!

I did put this to Meganesport on Sunday. What provision have you made to park all these cars? No one.

We supplied two staff who I think done well considering.

Cheers
Mark

we are definately looking at doing our own stand next year mark now we have the numbers :smile:

seamed to be a huge area behind the top25 that wasnt used. could this be used to spread the clubs out more next year.?

judging on top25 needs to be looked at too.

And what do you plan to do about the atrocious state of the camping grounds? Free car washes on the sunday for all campers would be a start :tongueout:

100%, the show is designed on CAD and space is all mapped out.

As I said on show day, being unable to split you from meganesport shafted us and you.

Also no one at MS arranged parking which is crazy with 175 cars

We will happily support you in 2013.

Also track time crashes have meant we had to dramatically change format in 2013.

Mark

Just saw another comment

Clubs are supposed to arrange their own stand parking, you had all that area and I don't believe three clubs with 175 cars had bothered arranging anything?!?!

I did put this to Meganesport on Sunday. What provision have you made to park all these cars? No one.

We supplied two staff who I think done well considering.

Cheers
Mark

there was more than 3 clubs in that area though mark.
the guy sorting the parking was great actually, i spoke with him and he was doing his best.

Camping

We were SHAFTED getting the venue the week after download

We won't accept this again.

We were stitched up in my view.

2013 we won't be following a music festival, never.

Mark

Jase there was 3 V6's and about 5 from Stephen Dells club - RAOC

The other on the map previously, the 106NL and the Delorens were moved leading up to the show.,

Gordon was freaking when dave Lee said he had 175 cars including your direct bookings.

Mark

Camping

We were SHAFTED getting the venue the week after download

We won't accept this again.

We were stitched up in my view.

2013 we won't be following a music festival, never.

Mark

Understood buddy. Fortunately it rained all sunday so everyones car was dirty anyway lol.

Heres to next years :smile:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nick FCS 19
///M FCS 24
trackspec197 General Chat 0
Nick FCS 43
cliokam Gallery 23