F1 season 2017 comments here

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does annoy me when people say lewis whines and is big headed bla bla, hes the only driver out there with a personality. Love or hate him hes a fanastic driver, one of the best ever.
I thought the race was really good, I think it was right to demote VER you cant cut the corner! Then the argument is everyone was running wide, which is true. But not like they was actually over taking. It was a great ballsy move, but if you let that be legal then you might aswell cut the grass at turn one too.

Reactions: Chris and Sean197
Not being funny but my mum could get on the podium in that Mercedes.... :tearsofjoy:

But then again, hasn't it been the case for ages?
The Williams that Damon Hill & Jacques Villeneuve won their championships in?
The Brawn GP that Jenson Button won his championship in?
The Red Bull that Vettel won all his titles in?
And now the domination of the Mercedes.

Fingers crossed for a resurgence of the Renaults to make it interesting again...:french:
Be nice to have 3 teams challenging for the drivers AND manufacturers titles.

Fingers crossed for a resurgence of the Renaults to make it interesting again...:french:

Agree with this. It is starting to become a bit of a yawnfest at times. Today was not one of those days though..

Reactions: Sean197 and JMR
Yeah I was impressed with Carlos Sainz first time out in the Renault!

He was making great progress but Ocon held him off a few times and pushed his luck with the track limits and Carlos didn't get chance to have a go at him again.

Not being funny but my mum could get on the podium in that Mercedes.... :tearsofjoy:

But then again, hasn't it been the case for ages?
The Williams that Damon Hill & Jacques Villeneuve won their championships in?
The Brawn GP that Jenson Button won his championship in?
The Red Bull that Vettel won all his titles in?
And now the domination of the Mercedes.

Valteri Bottas obviously isn't your mum then? Ferrari could and should have been a lot closer this year, but Vettel lost his head more than once and Hamilton kept his. The Merc was way out in front the previous 3 seasons, but has been certainly nowhere near as dominant this year. The Ferrari has had better race pace, is easier on tyres, is better in slow corners, and has more overall downforce (as does the Red Bull). Hamilton has been the difference between Mercedes and Ferrari this year, and that's with Vettel having a willing no2 lackey in Raikkonen helping every step of the way.

Re. the Verstappen penalty - the stewards got it right this time. He was only able to overtake by going off the track. Others have gone off track during the weekend, but not to pass, that was the difference. It may well be a little harsh but entirely fair imo.

Yep you're right the Verstappen penalty was just right I think. He cut the corner to gain an advantage.
No doubt drive of the day and a real promise next year if he can keep his head.

A few of you mention No.2 lackeys.
I think Bottas has played this role for Mercedes in a few races.
Something I don't think he thought he would have to do at the start of the season.
Either his ability is not up to it or he has held the pack up to let Hamilton get away.

Bottas has had a few podiums, that was my point, and I reckon my mum could have got at least two lol :tearsofjoy:

The sport just needs someone else at the top before everyone starts switching off.

Reactions: Sean197
Had this whole debate last year and years before when Rosberg was driving a Mercedes, that’s what an average driver can do in a good car. This year Hamilton has been the difference, like him or not. If that was Rosberg and bottas in a Mercedes this year, think we’d be seeing Vettel lifting that trophy.

Yep you're right the Verstappen penalty was just right I think. He cut the corner to gain an advantage.
No doubt drive of the day and a real promise next year if he can keep his head.

A few of you mention No.2 lackeys.
I think Bottas has played this role for Mercedes in a few races.
Something I don't think he thought he would have to do at the start of the season.
Either his ability is not up to it or he has held the pack up to let Hamilton get away.

Bottas has had a few podiums, that was my point, and I reckon my mum could have got at least two lol :tearsofjoy:

The sport just needs someone else at the top before everyone starts switching off.

Bottas has only played a supporting role since it became clear he was unlikely to win the title e.g. holding up Verstappen in Suzuka. There is no set no1 at Mercedes, Brawn, Wolff and Lauda have all made that clear time and time again. Bottas had an equal chance to challenge for the title at the start of the season, whereas Ferrari have ALWAYS operated a no1 and no2 system. There's a reason why Vettel claims Kimi is the best teammate he's ever had, even though Ricciardo handed his arse to him in 2014.

Had this whole debate last year and years before when Rosberg was driving a Mercedes, that’s what an average driver can do in a good car. This year Hamilton has been the difference, like him or not. If that was Rosberg and Bottas in a Mercedes this year, think we’d be seeing Vettel lifting that trophy.

Hamilton is driving better than ever, if people don't think he's already one of the all-time greats then they never will.

Reactions: Jimmy
Hartley and Gasly to drive for Toro Rosso this weekend, meaning Kvyat is dropped. Kvyat's time must be coming to an end, Hartley did well in Austin and Kvyat isn't ever going to be re-promoted to the Red Bull team therefore all he's doing is blocking the seat.
http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12...don-hartley-to-drive-for-toro-rosso-in-mexico

okay, but kvyat had an impressive race in austin. i just can't see toro rosso going for hartley and gasly next year. if gasly can't impress against the kiwi, he's in trouble.

Worth a watch - quite funny!

"The FIA - also known as ferrari international assistance"

Lmao!

That's bloody class hahaha!!

The comment about Driver of the Day though..."oh...didn't work" :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Chris
That was on the cards. He was massively outscored by Sainz, and the writing was on the wall for a while I think.

That's a pity, I liked Kvyat - on and off track. I admired how he stood up to Vettel after that incident last year, it's a shame he had such a shocker in Russia.

It would be nice to think he will get snapped up, but so many talented drivers who lose their seats never make it back in to a full-time F1 drive. Paul Di Resta, Jean Eric Vergne, M̶a̶x̶ ̶C̶h̶i̶l̶t̶o̶n̶ to name a few.

Reactions: Sean197 and Benno
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar Thread Suggestions