F1 season 2017 comments here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree entirely mate.

At the end of the day, he won a GP2 title. He’d run rings round every single one of us on this forum. Bottom line is, $3m for not being good enough for F1 is quite a result all told!

Yeah its basically elite of the elite, with what? 22 drivers all told...

Reactions: ///M
I was slightly disappointed because i do enjoy see Lewis winning fair and square but never the less it was good to see him basically wrap up his 4th title.

honda wants gasly to compete in the last super formula round (he has a good chance of winning the championship). with sainz off to renault, toro rosso is on the look out for a driver. takuma sato is mentioned. americans (next race is the US GP) alexander rossi and jozef newgarden as well. i've read that even palmer is an option ...

Crap GP. Very happy with the outcome.

My god the Merc is bad in dirty air. I thought that was going to be the undoing of them this year but it's all fine because the Ferrari has just jumped out of the way.

Karma huh?

Would be better if the last few races were, you know, races.

Reactions: Chris and Benno
Loved the way Alonso let Hamilton past on blue flags and cut in front of Verstappen for a few seconds on the penultimate lap, that was 100% deliberate.

In summary:
Annoyed we lost Seb’s Ferrari as fast forwarded most of the race.
Bye Jolyon, you and your dad have the perfect face for radio.
Massa, you’re too old no one should ever have to retire twice, step aside please.

This is going to be Lewis’ championship in a couple of races. Let’s get it all done with and hopefully have more than 2 contenders for the title next year.

Reactions: peter and Jimmy
In summary:
Annoyed we lost Seb’s Ferrari as fast forwarded most of the race.
Bye Jolyon, you and your dad have the perfect face for radio.
Massa, you’re too old no one should ever have to retire twice, step aside please.

This is going to be Lewis’ championship in a couple of races. Let’s get it all done with and hopefully have more than 2 contenders for the title next year.

All very good points Micah, and very well made!

Yeah, as much as it will be good to see Hamilton winning the title, it's a poor show that there will be no real challenge for the championship from now on. Unless Merc spectacularly drop the ball, but I can't see that happening.

And I won't miss Palmer Sr's dour face peering at the monitors when his son does something mildly interesting/stupid on the track... money clearly doesn't buy him happiness, or the ability to smile.

Ferrari's own fault. If whinging dickface didn't insist on having a number 2 lackey as a teammate and act like he owned the team they'd have 2 cars in with a chance of fighting Hamilton for the title. But no, they've put all their eggs in the crying German-shaped basket and now they're reaping what they've sown.
They've had the best car this year and yet still won't get close to Hamilton. But they'll still get more money than any of the other teams so I'm not exactly shedding a tear for them.
Hamilton will equal Vettel's 4 titles and rightly go down in history as a better driver than him.
Hamilton to go on to reach 100 poles and beat Schumacher's win record I reckon.

Reactions: Chris and Benno
Sean, stop sitting on the fence!
I forgot to add - I still think Alonso in a decent car would be something to behold. Please Renault, make a decent engine!!

Reactions: Sean197 and Benno
I forgot to add - I still think Alonso in a decent car would be something to behold. Please Renault, make a decent engine!!

Hated Ferrari since the Schumacher days when they had the FIA in their pocket. Only started watching it again in '07 due to hearing what Hamilton did in gp2 in '06.

Renault are working on a quali engine mode so if the McLaren chassis is as good as Alonso says it is then hopefully they'll be ahead of Red Bull.

I'm actually a die-hard McLaren fan but after what Whitmarsh did in 2012 and what they did to Ron Dennis I hope their factory burns down taking Boulier with it.

Reactions: Foxspeed
Ferrari's own fault. If whinging dickface didn't insist on having a number 2 lackey as a teammate and act like he owned the team they'd have 2 cars in with a chance of fighting Hamilton for the title. But no, they've put all their eggs in the crying German-shaped basket and now they're reaping what they've sown.
They've had the best car this year and yet still won't get close to Hamilton. But they'll still get more money than any of the other teams so I'm not exactly shedding a tear for them.
Hamilton will equal Vettel's 4 titles and rightly go down in history as a better driver than him.
Hamilton to go on to reach 100 poles and beat Schumacher's win record I reckon.

Whinging Dickface :tearsofjoy:

Hamilton will also go down in history as Britain's best F1 driver - ever. Lets be honest, if the future is Jolyon Palmer, there's not much to look forward to when Lewis retires..

Alonso has still got a few more seasons left in him, would be great to see him get back up there again, even more fitting to end his career doing something special back in a Renault like 2005...that R25 was an absolute beast of an F1 car.

rll2j9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar Thread Suggestions