F1 season 2017 comments here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Literally makes my blood boil.

Obviously just tries to ram him off as he knows it’s his only chance. Disgusting fucking pig.

Reactions: peter
I blamed that first corner nonsense on Verstappen.
He ran out wide off the track and then came back on the circuit hitting Vettel in the process.
Then Hamilton got past Vettel and Vettel tapped the back of Hamilton.

The rest of the race was what it was.
Verstappen just ran away with it, and credit to him for not putting a foot wrong, but the Championship lost its excitement when Verstappen had another one of those 'first corner moments' at Singapore when he punted Raikonnen off into the barriers and then straight into Vettel.

Fingers crossed for a new / different Champion next year.

I haven't got loads of time for Hamilton or Vettel.
Verstappen is a bit of a d!ck at times, but it would be great for the sport if he got a championship under his belt next year!

Reactions: Jimmy
Unfortunately I don't think Vettel's move was deliberate, just desperate, and more than a little naïve. He knew he had to be in front of Hamilton to stand any chance of keeping the title race alive, and in the heat of the moment he panicked and made a rookie move. On one hand it's a shame the title was won with a 9th place, but on the other hand the race sum's up Vettel's mentality in the second half of the season.
Mercedes should be worried about next season - Ferrari have been better in high-downforce tracks this year, and Red bull have evidently caught up. The good thing from their point of view is that they'll now be able to focus entirely on next year's car.
Looking forward to Hamilton vs Verstappen next year already.

Reactions: JMR
Although I wanted Vettel to win this season, it's been his championship to entirely throw away. If you were to do a scorecard on behaviour alone, Lewis has been faultless. As much as I like Seb's ability, I'm disappointed in him.
On further reflection, it's clear I wanted a Ferrari driver to win it, I just love the car and is a great all-rounder.
What's been interesting for me this season is to see how much talent Lewis has by comparing him to Bottas in the same car. It's a great one for sure, but just goes to show how it's not just about that.
Anyway, I take my hat off to Lewis, he's won it fair and square. Fair being the key word here. I can't help but wonder what Alonso could do given a half decent car (P5 in Q1 FFS!), and there's some obvious talent coming through in Ocon, so all in all, 2018 should be the season we've all been waiting for!

Although I wanted Vettel to win this season, it's been his championship to entirely throw away. If you were to do a scorecard on behaviour alone, Lewis has been faultless. As much as I like Seb's ability, I'm disappointed in him.
On further reflection, it's clear I wanted a Ferrari driver to win it, I just love the car and is a great all-rounder.
What's been interesting for me this season is to see how much talent Lewis has by comparing him to Bottas in the same car. It's a great one for sure, but just goes to show how it's not just about that.
Anyway, I take my hat off to Lewis, he's won it fair and square. Fair being the key word here. I can't help but wonder what Alonso could do given a half decent car (P5 in Q1 FFS!), and there's some obvious talent coming through in Ocon, so all in all, 2018 should be the season we've all been waiting for!

Many good points there. Kimi is a waste of space, I'd love to see Ferrari give a young driver like Leclerc a chance but unfortunately Vettel seems to have a veto. I'd like to see the Ferrari and Mercedes having smaller junior teams, like Red Bull and Toro Rosso, thereby giving a platform for younger drivers. Plenty of drivers on the grid who really have no business being there - Eriksson, Raikkonen and Massa to name a few.
Hopefully McLaren will be back up there next year, seeing Alonso have his little battle with Hamilton whetted the appetite for more of the same, and seeing Red Bull win with the Renault engine must give McLaren some hope.
Hats off also to Force India - smallest budget in F1 but finishing best of the rest. Amazing achievement from them.

Reactions: Micah
I've not seen any of the race yet (but know the result) so I'll reserve judgement on Vettel's incident till I've seen it.... but it doesn't bode well for reading all these comments :smile: I kinda hope for his sake that the move on Hamilton wasn't deliberate, but it also wouldn't surprise me if it was.

Congrats to Lewis though for a 4th World title, up there with the best. Showed good consistency this year (for the most part - had a couple of wobbles) and a deserved first place. Vettel could have had a very different season if he'd just managed that temper a little more....

So having now seen the incident.... I think there's a pretty high probability Vettel did it on purpose :smile:

He'd already damaged his wing on Verstappen's car, so he would have been at a disadvantage straight away - so why not take Hamilton down with him...

12 months ago everyone's opinion of him might have been different, but he's just handled himself so badly this year, it's now no surprise people are labeling him a cheat.

Reactions: Benno and Sean197
So having now seen the incident.... I think there's a pretty high probability Vettel did it on purpose :smile:

He'd already damaged his wing on Verstappen's car, so he would have been at a disadvantage straight away - so why not take Hamilton down with him...

12 months ago everyone's opinion of him might have been different, but he's just handled himself so badly this year, it's now no surprise people are labeling him a cheat.

I think people knew he was a knob when he basically ran the Red Bull team. Even Brundle used to say in commentary "well we know who runs that team". Red Bull (mostly Horner) trying to align themselves with the FIA and acting like a constructor got peoples' backs up, which didn't do Vettel any favours either. Of course, when you deliberately run into someone and then hide behind your team, who just happen to be the most corrupt in F1, you're not exactly helping yourself either....

Reactions: Jimmy
GET IN THERE LEWIS!!! Certainly an all time great. Most poles ever. 2nd most wins ever. He's got the lot. Blisteringly quick. Demon overtaking. Just as good in defence. Superb in a one on one on track fight. Does the right thing almost all the time. Incredibly strong willed and plays the mind games as good as anyone. The complete F1 driver.

Well happy. The best man won and I'm glad that disgraceful little bitch had his arse handed to him on a plate AND screwed it up for himself. Karma Sebby, karma.

GREAT race by Max. Superb work to get the lead and good on him for not allowing Seb to bully him like he tries with everyone else. He just doesn't learn his lessons does he? At least he's doing what he wants and fully replicating Schumacher, except for the titles, even though the FIA (Ferrari International Assistance) are trying to help him. Funny how there was no mention of track limits for his pass where all four wheels were at least two feet over the line...

He knew what was going to come when he hit Lewis at the start. No question. He could have backed out of it and not hit him but of course he didn't. He'd already damaged himself against Max so hitting Lewis was no issue for him. Plus he still thinks it's ok to just drive through people. The right decision to let it go, but anyone thinking there was zero intent there is kidding themselves. All he needed to do was bleed out the throttle just a tiny bit and all good. Except him being in third after starting on pole...

Someone should show him Lewis and Alonso. Amazing battle. Two proper champions, racing hard but fair. No track limits, no trying to push each other off the track. Just two genuine racers showing their talent. Awesome to watch. Plenty of other good battles through the race too. Car performance is converging and that's a good thing.

Another excellent performance from Stroll. Did the right thing when he needed to and brought it home well. He can pull them out of the bag at times.

Ocon. He's the real deal. Looking better all the time. He'll be in a good seat soon.

What happened to Danny Ric and his big bottom lip? Absolutely pants in quali, he needs to step up now with his contract situation ongoing. Can't see him going to Ferrari while Seb is there (for all Seb is saying he doesn't mind, we KNOW he does) and Merc may well go with Ocon as he's one of theirs already and looking really good. So what? Stay at Red Bull when they've already said that Max is the guy they want to win championships with? And what if Carlos starts really turning it on with Renault next season? Perfectly possible he could. It could all unravel for DR very quickly, especially if he keeps having moments where he "just couldn't switch the tyres on". Gonna love watching the fall out of his rabid insufferable fans if that comes to fruition.

Finally, things are starting to look VERY good for next year. Lewis and Merc are still strong. Ferrari is back on form and had the fastest car at many races this season. Red Bull is looking much better and if they can finally start a season strongly next year Max is going to be right up there. And the McLaren with the Renault engine (if they can sort the reliability issues) is clearly going to be much better. If it all goes well, it could be an amazing scrap next year between Lewis, Seb, Max and Fernando. Really hope so. Watch the FIA balls it all up bigtime...

GET IN THERE LEWIS!!! More to come. VERY HAPPY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar Thread Suggestions