F1 season 2017 comments here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worth a go this year due to new rules. Mass didn't get a proper send off as there was so much happening.

Can see a Hamilton white wash this year unless red bull have built a great car

Reactions: Johnny 99
Massa should have retired a few years ago. In more capable hands that Williams would have won at least one race in the last 3 seasons, which is why I'm surprised Mercedes are going for Bottas as he's pretty much done nothing.

Hamilton for the title, but Red Bull will win the constructors, with Ricciardo beating Verstappen.

Big season ahead. Lots of interesting stuff happening. Massively happy to see the back of that little bitch Britney. Least deserving champion since his father!

:smiley:

Massa is a sensible option for Williams and I think people might be surprised at the performance of Hairy in the Merc and thus showing that Massa did a better job than a lot of people think having kept him honest for a few seasons.

Paddy to Williams is a mad one but it looks like he may have been semi-pushed with the arrival of JA.

Oh and Marchionne's comments in the press about Sweary Seb are HILARIOUS. Feet on the ground time for little Sebby... Bless.

Finally, my number one hope this coming season is that Max wipes the floor with Danny Ric and his big bottom lip. Can't stand the bloke and his insufferable gung ho English hating fans.

great comments! must say theres a few on the same wave length as me on a few of the drivers

I think Mercedes had little choice with regards going for Bottas. He was the most experienced driver that was available at the time - I'm sure they'd have loved/preferred Vettel/Alonso/Verstappen etc, but that wasn't going to happen. He's a decent driver, a 'safe' option too - I can't see him and Hamilton having tiffs in the pre-podium room.

I'm looking forward to the season though, there's been some interesting driver changes. Hopefully Renault can make some more progress - I didn't think Palmer would keep his seat... Hulkenberg is a good signing for them.

With the new rules, we are heading to one of the more interesting seasons in a long time. I feel the cars have suffered badly with radical changes i the past but I'm liking several new rules and I'm sure a few engineer's out there could say the same. F1 needs a wake up call if its to stay alive in tough global times, and of course when will it ever go back to Africa? This sport is for everybody so lets see if they 'can' take the show to new locations. Anyways my ten cents boys!

Only trouble is they don't seem to have addressed the issue of cars not being able to follow closely without losing downforce. They could have easily allowed underbody venturis (essentially ground effect) but have seemingly decided that more downforce is the way to go. They clearly don't remember how pish the racing was in 2008.

Reactions: ///M and peter
^...Maybe for 2018, right now its a lot for a team to handle, widening changes a lot of things including the wheel setup and especially the chassis dynamics.

So, testing has started. Merc turning up the wick this morning, it's looking ominous for the rest of the grid I think.
Merc and the Renault (in LY no less) are the best looking cars so far, although on the whole the 2017 cars look awful with those shark fins returning, except the Merc who have thankfully not gone with one.
I don't think we'll see the Melbourne-spec aero configurations until the second test, or maybe not even until FP1 at Melbourne, but I still think teams will be hard pushed to catch Merc.

That Merc lap this morning was ominous. Came out of nowhere too so it's clear they've been taking it a little bit easy so far. It was Hairy in the car too, I'm sure Lewis could get the time down even further.

The Ferrari was looking really fast until then.

As for the dorsal fins, I actually don't mind them. And I wouldn't be surprised if the Merc has one on come Australia.

Some pretty mad aero on the cars this year. Those T-wings are going to be banned soon surely?

McLaren look to be in a dire situ yet again. Unreliable, no pace and my GOD that livery is shocking!

Glad to see the Renault seems to be picking up the pace a bit, and I don't think Red Bull have shown their hand yet.

Oh and Grosjean last this morning. Hope it stays like that.

I was really hoping that Merc wouldn't be so far in front, although it is early days I suppose. I quite like the shark fins, goes well with the new look of the cars. Some of the liveries are pretty nasty, but loving the Renault scheme.

Massively disappointed that McLaren look so poor already, you'd hope they'd have made some progress into this year.

Still early days for all though, so fingers crossed it will be a better season all round.

Don't really care what happens as long as we see some better racing (you know where passes are done on track by skill and bravery, not in the pits or by the push of a button) and the winner is ANYONE but Grosjean, Danny Ric and his Big Bottom Lip, and little Sebby Bitch Trunks.

Reactions: Sean197
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar Thread Suggestions