F1 season 2017 comments here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Ferrari are on a bit of a bribe scandal for them to look the other way on certain circumstances...

Reactions: ///M
@Sean197 @Chris

One of the stewards at the event has been quoted as saying they "didn't look at it as no one reported it..."

Shady as hell. The rules very clearly state the wheel should be left on the car.

I've also seen some pretty interesting stills from behind Stroll and Seb. From the moment he started turning Seb was very clearly on a collision course with Stroll. It's amazing. I think his head is going. Hoping for a Kevin Keegan style meltdown.

Sean, just read Martin's column on Sky. Didn't realise he did one. His comment about Seb being a staunch supporter of the halo and then hitching a ride on the side pod of an F1 car says a lot about the man.

Take the medical car if you're so safety conscious!

yeah I did think it was weird that even when the medical car arrived he just ignored it and hitched a ride anyway.
Read somewhere this morning that Vettel said he took the wheel with him as it wouldn't go back onto the column and he didn't want to leave it in the car and risk fans coming on track and stealing it. Make of that what you will...

Maybe Ferrari are on a bit of a bribe scandal for them to look the other way on certain circumstances...

Ferrari have been at the centre of so many dubious stewarding decisions that I wouldn't put it past them - Bargeboards in Malaysia '99, complaining about the Michelin tyres in '03, moaning about Alonso 'blocking' them at Monza in '05, Hamilton at Spa in '08.
They really are sly pieces of shit, with Red bull not far behind them.

Reactions: Chris and ///M
yeah I did think it was weird that even when the medical car arrived he just ignored it and hitched a ride anyway.
Read somewhere this morning that Vettel said he took the wheel with him as it wouldn't go back onto the column and he didn't want to leave it in the car and risk fans coming on track and stealing it. Make of that what you will...

Yeah, I heard that. There's still something in the rules that covers that too I think. He did seem to be fiddling with it to be fair but I'm not convinced. The hit was at the rear. The steering wheels come off and on all the time.

End of the day, it's F1, I wouldn't be surprised if there was something they wanted to hide.

Reactions: Sean197
If the steering wheel wouldn't go back onto the column, how did it come off in the first place? What a load of bull...typical Ferrari.

Risk of fans stealing it... pretty sure they could come and take it off the column also lol!!!

I once read about F1 in the '90s and the teams had to keep everything locked in the garage whenever they went to Monza as the fans would steal anything that wasn't locked away or bolted down. Advertising boards, brake marker boards, chicane tyres, all were fair game lol

Reactions: Chris
I suppose there's a point about the potential of theft - they let fans onto the track to get to the podium, so there is the chance of somebody making their way to a stranded car, but surely the marshals will have been all over it well before that happened anyway?? I like the idea of them hiding something, I love me a conspiracy theory :smile:

Vettel does seem to do what the hell he pleases - what are the chances he'd have wailed like a bitch if he saw another driver catching a lift the same that he did??

Anyway, good performance by Gasly in his debut, hopefully he'll continue to do well, as that will be another promising young driver on the grid (and maybe another reason to get rid of some of the old wood....).

I once read about F1 in the '90s and the teams had to keep everything locked in the garage whenever they went to Monza as the fans would steal anything that wasn't locked away or bolted down. Advertising boards, brake marker boards, chicane tyres, all were fair game lol

Didn't Williams, if I remember correctly, have an absolute nightmare at one GP when they had a load of stuff stolen and had to get replacements sent over?

Fair point. But he could have left it with a marshall. He could have waited with the car. He could have done lots of things but this is Super Seb we're talking about here :smiley: He can do as he pleases. Including deliberately ramming competitors, cutting across people so they either have to swerve out of his way or get smashed into, he even tells the authorities where to go... it's hilariously wrong.

FUNNY!

As for Ferrari, they said they *think* it's ok but all will become apparent after P1 in Japan.

There's still hope...

:smiley:

I still have hope Lewis will move to Ferrari and then we can really see what's up!

I think Ricciardo or Max to Ferrari is more likely. Red Bull have stated they're looking at the drivers' market as Ricciardo's contract is up at the end of next season. I doubt Vettel would have Max there, nor Ricciardo after what happened in 2014 when he pissed all over Vettel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar Thread Suggestions