F1 season 2017 comments here

Status
Not open for further replies.
They might consider an RB/AM engine if they think the investment is worth it. Or maybe a tie-in with Cosworth or similar. RB have been rumoured to be building their own engines before iirc.

Yeah there was the Cosworth connection for a while huh? Could be a Cosworth, Illien, AM mash up. But there's no way it will be an out and out AM engine, I'm sure they don't have anything like enough money for that.

(And therein lies one of the major problems with F1 these days, only the big boys can get involved!)

Yeah there was the Cosworth connection for a while huh? Could be a Cosworth, Illien, AM mash up. But there's no way it will be an out and out AM engine, I'm sure they don't have anything like enough money for that.

(And therein lies one of the major problems with F1 these days, only the big boys can get involved!)

I'd forgotten about Ilmor, there were talks of RB running Ilmor-developed Renault engines with Renault hybrid units, so an Ilmor link up could also be on the cards I suppose!

Reactions: ///M
I'd forgotten about Ilmor, there were talks of RB running Ilmor-developed Renault engines with Renault hybrid units, so an Ilmor link up could also be on the cards I suppose!

Could be really interesting times.

I'm wondering if this Singer / Williams / Mezger collaboration might open a few interesting doors for Williams too. Even if it doesn't that partnership is going to produce something pretty amazing I think. Absolutely LOVE Singers!

Well that's Kvyat gone. Replaced by Gasly for the rest of the season.

Feel sorry for him. I like him a lot. LOVED his response to Vettel about him having the audacity to try and pass him.

But the bottom line is, he never got himself back together after being demoted. Simply not been good enough.

Going to be interesting to see how Gasly gets on.

Well that's Kvyat gone. Replaced by Gasly for the rest of the season.

Feel sorry for him. I like him a lot. LOVED his response to Vettel about him having the audacity to try and pass him.

But the bottom line is, he never got himself back together after being demoted. Simply not been good enough.

Going to be interesting to see how Gasly gets on.

That's a real shame for Kvyat, I like him too. He'd made such a decent start to last season prior to the Russian GP. You're right though, Mes, he hasn't been good enough since his demotion, not when Sainz has done so well in the other TR car.

Reading on BBC Sport, this now means Palmer will stay at Renault for the rest of the season - no one to replace Sainz at TR if he had made the early switch to Renault.

That's a real shame for Kvyat, I like him too. He'd made such a decent start to last season prior to the Russian GP. You're right though, Mes, he hasn't been good enough since his demotion, not when Sainz has done so well in the other TR car.

Reading on BBC Sport, this now means Palmer will stay at Renault for the rest of the season - no one to replace Sainz at TR if he had made the early switch to Renault.

Yeah, it's the very epitome of a cut throat business huh?

From what I've read there's a possibility that DK will still have a TR seat for next season alongside Gasly so I guess we'll see.

As for the Russian GP, that was Pettel at his absolute worst. Going down the pitlane to complain at Horner in full view of the cameras...

mememememe-mememememememe.png

Gasly's Super Formula finale clashes with the US gp so RB have said Kyvyat may still be back this season. Will Buxton on twitter still seems to think the TR lineup next season will be Kyvyat and Gasly. I can't think of anyone off the top of my head who RB could promote from the junior formulae either.

I can't think of anyone off the top of my head who RB could promote from the junior formulae either.

you can't think of one, because there isn't anyone, sean. red bull even has its doubts about gasly. the next two grand prix are to see how he performs over a grand prix weekend. rumour has it, gasly is a bit inconsistent in his performances.

Reactions: Sean197
also, i've read somewhere that kvyat is close to a race ban (lots of penalty points on his license, only one transgression away from a ban). if he gets that ban at the american grand prix and toro rosso has to call up gasly, the frenchman can't take part in the last race for the japanese super formula championship and will lose any hope of clinching the title.

you can't think of one, because there isn't anyone, sean. red bull even has its doubts about gasly. the next two grand prix are to see how he performs over a grand prix weekend. rumour has it, gasly is a bit inconsistent in his performances.

yeah I thought as much. I remember seeing Antonio Felix Da Costa win the Formula Renault 2.0 (with f4r engines!!) in 2009 I think it was, and he looked great. Sadly I think his time has passed now. It's a shame RB are so stubborn about bringing on their own young drivers as I think Charles Leclerc deserves better than the apparent Sauber drive he'll get next season. There really doesn't seem to be all that many great prospects in the lower formulae thesedays for some reason.

Reactions: peter
There really doesn't seem to be all that many great prospects in the lower formulae thesedays for some reason.

i lost interest in the lower formulae some years ago. just too many junior series. twas a lot simpler in the old days, fords (1600 and 2000), F3, F2 (which the really good ones usually skipped) and then the big league.

lando norris is the only name i can come up with, as a genuine prospect. not sure if he's hyped or not.

i lost interest in the lower formulae some years ago. just too many junior series. twas a lot simpler in the old days, fords (1600 and 2000), F3, F2 (which the really good ones usually skipped) and then the big league.

lando norris is the only name i can come up with, as a genuine prospect. not sure if he's hyped or not.

I only watch F2 as Sky F1 show it live and the racing is usually good.
Norris has won 5 titles in the last 3 seasons so seems to be a genuine prospect. I'd like to see him in F2 before making up my mind though.

Gasly's Super Formula finale clashes with the US gp so RB have said Kyvyat may still be back this season. Will Buxton on twitter still seems to think the TR lineup next season will be Kyvyat and Gasly. I can't think of anyone off the top of my head who RB could promote from the junior formulae either.

Hope so for DK by my god it can't be doing him any good getting dicked about like that!

also, i've read somewhere that kvyat is close to a race ban (lots of penalty points on his license, only one transgression away from a ban). if he gets that ban at the american grand prix and toro rosso has to call up gasly, the frenchman can't take part in the last race for the japanese super formula championship and will lose any hope of clinching the title.

Yeah he's on 10 points right now so only needs another two. The way he's been driving this season, it's a possibility!

And I agree, I'm not convinced about Gasly too. I guess we're about to find out.

Reactions: peter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar Thread Suggestions