F1 season 2017 comments here

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was some lap from Hamilton in Q3. Bottas is nowhere again though which is worrying. Thankfully Kimi is the nearest ferrari as he's useless so shouldn't pose any real problem.

Reactions: Chris
That was some lap from Hamilton in Q3. Bottas is nowhere again though which is worrying. Thankfully Kimi is the nearest ferrari as he's useless so shouldn't pose any real problem.

Only had time to watch the highlights, your right about bottas but reading about it merecedes have made some aero changes which they applied to bottas’s car but not Hamilton’s for some reason..

... merecedes have made some aero changes which they applied to bottas’s car but not Hamilton’s for some reason ...

lewis decided not to use the new parts. didn't feel they worked. looks like he was right. bottas regretting he went with them. but still, large gap to hamilton in qualifying.

I just have to have someone to dislike each year. Rosberg for the last few days (@Jimmy can confirm this)! Now vettel has come more into the firing line.

He is renowned for being a cry baby though...

Yep, poor Nico was the source of Chris' wrath for a long time :smile: and now Seb....anyone would think you had a severe dislike for German F1 drivers mate :wink:

Lol at Vettel in post race interview - moaning about bottas holding him up. What does he want, bottas to move over - “here you go seb, I’ll move over for you so you can catch my teammate and get more points” idiot...

Reactions: Sean197
Fair play to the German knob for finishing 4th. Mercedes are having a shocking few weeks, they really need to sort out the car issues for next week.
Unfortunately Bottas has been miles off Hamilton recently and I'm really beginning to see Ricciardo at Merc for 2019 with Verstappen at Ferrari.

I think everyone is blowing Mercedes current performance way too much. Singapore they were not great but in the mixed conditions they were quicker than red bull in the race. Malaysia has never been a strong suit for them in race trim. So thats two races they've arguably out performed.
Suzuka should be better for them so will the USA and dubai.

I think everyone is blowing Mercedes current performance way too much. Singapore they were not great but in the mixed conditions they were quicker than red bull in the race. Malaysia has never been a strong suit for them in race trim. So thats two races they've arguably out performed.
Suzuka should be better for them so will the USA and dubai.

Hamilton was only able to pull away in Singapore as Ricciardo was nursing a gearbox issue which meant he couldn't use full revs. Mercedes' quali pace in Singapore was worrying and that has carried over to their pace in Malaysia. Let's face it, it was Hamilton that got pole this weekend rather than the car I'd say.

Reactions: peter
Did anyone else notice Vettel making sure he took the steering wheel with him when he crashed into Stroll? Usually the regs dictate that the wheel is left in the car, so are Ferrari looking to keep something on their steering wheel hidden?
His rant about Bottas holding him up is ironic, given Kimi's entire existence revolves around taking points off Mercedes in order that Vettel can win the title. Bottas needs to up his game and start splitting the Ferraris, or at least getting in front of Vettel.

Did anyone else notice Vettel making sure he took the steering wheel with him when he crashed into Stroll? Usually the regs dictate that the wheel is left in the car, so are Ferrari looking to keep something on their steering wheel hidden?
His rant about Bottas holding him up is ironic, given Kimi's entire existence revolves around taking points off Mercedes in order that Vettel can win the title. Bottas needs to up his game and start splitting the Ferraris, or at least getting in front of Vettel.

Yeah I did... Something fishy there, why would you take it with you lol?

Guys such a little moaning bitch. Gets everything handed to him a plate most of the time.

Reactions: ///M and Sean197

Secret launch mode. Didn't want it picked up so took the wheel with him.

Car was underweight, hence the impact with Stroll was planned. Gets away with scrutineering then.

:smiley:

Conspiracy theories ahoy.

A couple of things for I see for certain.

1. He should NOT have taken the wheel with him, there are rules in place about exactly that. He was hiding something and has been allowed to get away with it.

2. He thinks he can just turn into people and they'll jump out of his way, just how Schumacher did. It's ridiculous. Yes Stroll wasn't right hard up against the apex. You can't expect to just drive through him. As the car behind doing the over taking, the responsibility to not just drive through the other car is with Vettel. He's been like this for years. But he's really come into his own. A bit embarrassing.

As for the race, really enjoyed it. Fair play to Vettel, drove superbly. Max was untouchable. Merc's really hate the heat. Weird. 6 more points, happy enough overall. Seeing that little bitch all freaked out at the end because he can't just drive through another car made it all SO much more fun.

Gasly drove pretty well for his first GP. Stroll getting pecking order rights at Williams seemed interesting.

Most of all, coming away from this race I was SO impressed with the Stoff. It's clear the McLaren is in a better place for the moment and he made FULL use of it. Superb qualifying, and interviews after Q3 saying how happy he was but he can't see him hanging onto it in the race, to an even better race. More points than his very very well respected team mate.

The last time Alonso was beaten by a rookie, he went on to be pretty good.

Oh one more thing, what the HELL was Danny Ric doing pouring water over Max in the presser? Max then jokingly said something about "hope you didn't pee in that" and DR said (in a proper snide way) "what if I did?"

Always knew he was a twunt.

Secret launch mode. Didn't want it picked up so took the wheel with him.

Car was underweight, hence the impact with Stroll was planned. Gets away with scrutineering then.

:smiley:

Conspiracy theories ahoy.

A couple of things for I see for certain.

1. He should NOT have taken the wheel with him, there are rules in place about exactly that. He was hiding something and has been allowed to get away with it.

2. He thinks he can just turn into people and they'll jump out of his way, just how Schumacher did. It's ridiculous. Yes Stroll wasn't right hard up against the apex. You can't expect to just drive through him. As the car behind doing the over taking, the responsibility to not just drive through the other car is with Vettel. He's been like this for years. But he's really come into his own. A bit embarrassing.

As for the race, really enjoyed it. Fair play to Vettel, drove superbly. Max was untouchable. Merc's really hate the heat. Weird. 6 more points, happy enough overall. Seeing that little bitch all freaked out at the end because he can't just drive through another car made it all SO much more fun.

Gasly drove pretty well for his first GP. Stroll getting pecking order rights at Williams seemed interesting.

Most of all, coming away from this race I was SO impressed with the Stoff. It's clear the McLaren is in a better place for the moment and he made FULL use of it. Superb qualifying, and interviews after Q3 saying how happy he was but he can't see him hanging onto it in the race, to an even better race. More points than his very very well respected team mate.

The last time Alonso was beaten by a rookie, he went on to be pretty good.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were hiding something like a launch mode, it was very strange that he was so eager to make sure the steering wheel wasn't left behind. I doubt there will be any sanctions though, even though there should be.

Agree on Vandoorne, was really surprised to see him in the top 10 during the race, I really thought the McLaren would fall backwards. Should be interesting to see how they go with the Renault engine next year :french:

I think Ricciardo was pissed lol I think he'd had a little too much champagne on the podium!

Brundle's column on Sky F1 was interesting, he's finally twigged that Vettel is a spoilt brat and I don't think Vettel is doing his reputation any favours at all. At least he's made the title fight interesting though.

Not being funny - as a steward wouldn’t that scream suspicious and want too inspect the wheel and/or the car....?

Reactions: Sean197
Not being funny - as a steward wouldn’t that scream suspicious and want too inspect the wheel and/or the car....?

Absolutely, if it was any team other than Ferrari... Definitely something going on there. It reminded me of 1998 when Hakkinen's McLaren broke down during practice/quali, in Austria I think it was? He refused to leave the car, instead standing next to it while it was recovered, blocking the view of the cockpit. It turned out he was hiding the 2nd brake pedal which controlled the rear braking to give better turn in. It wasn't illegal but they didn't want anyone seeing it and copying.

@Sean197 @Chris

One of the stewards at the event has been quoted as saying they "didn't look at it as no one reported it..."

Shady as hell. The rules very clearly state the wheel should be left on the car.

I've also seen some pretty interesting stills from behind Stroll and Seb. From the moment he started turning Seb was very clearly on a collision course with Stroll. It's amazing. I think his head is going. Hoping for a Kevin Keegan style meltdown.

Sean, just read Martin's column on Sky. Didn't realise he did one. His comment about Seb being a staunch supporter of the halo and then hitching a ride on the side pod of an F1 car says a lot about the man.

Take the medical car if you're so safety conscious!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar Thread Suggestions