F1 season 2014 all comments here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hamilton seems a bit too emotionally involved in it all - the mistakes/retirements/incidents he's had seem to really get to him. I still think he's in with a shout though, but will probably need a few Rosberg retirements etc...

Ricciardo has been awesome in the Red Bull, has out-driven Vettel and that battle with Alonso in Germany was great to watch.

I think Massa has just been unlucky - he's an accident magnet at the moment. Despite that, I think Williams finally getting some success is a great thing for F1.

Overall, it's been a top season so far - people soon stopped whinging about the noise didn't they :thumbsup:

I agree about Hamiltons emotional issues. Although he does seem to be improving with age. The German GP was a prime example, OK he has a MUCH faster car, but he could have just given up after the crash in Quali, but instead he put it on the podium. In the old days he was have just sulked and done badly/crashed.

This should be fun [emoji299]️[emoji296]️[emoji295]️[emoji296]️[emoji299]️

Because they pay his wages, tbh i was watching the timings and the nearest he got was around 0.7s down the end of the straight but then dropped back to .9 on the rest of the lap and was only in drs detection for around 3 laps.

Surprised there wasn't a comment about Rosberg taking Hamilton out at Spa. Things just seem to be falling in place for the German to take the title.

Really chuffed for Riciardo though. Star of the season for me.

I don't like Rosberg at all, he's a weasel, he's not as talented a driver as Hamilton, several occasions now he's been a foul play driver.

Looking forward to Sunday. Hope Rosberg crashes out the race (not in an injury way, I mean so he looses any chance of points)

I thought Rosberg's trick in Monaco was very below the belt (it was definitely deliberate), and the incident at Spa just compounded that. Why resort to cheap tactics like that?? He's a good driver in his own right, but as has been said, not as good a 'racer' as Hamilton. I think Rosberg is afraid of Hamilton's ability and that's why he feels he needs to do these tricks.

Hamilton is weaker mentally and Monaco/Spa seemed to affect him a lot. Rosberg preys on that, which in itself is not a bad thing, but cheap tactics and causing incidents is very offside. If he becomes champion, it won't be because he's the better driver...

I thought Rosberg's trick in Monaco was very below the belt (it was definitely deliberate), and the incident at Spa just compounded that. Why resort to cheap tactics like that?? He's a good driver in his own right, but as has been said, not as good a 'racer' as Hamilton. I think Rosberg is afraid of Hamilton's ability and that's why he feels he needs to do these tricks.

Hamilton is weaker mentally and Monaco/Spa seemed to affect him a lot. Rosberg preys on that, which in itself is not a bad thing, but cheap tactics and causing incidents is very offside. If he becomes champion, it won't be because he's the better driver...

Alonso had to do the same when at maclaren..remember hungary when he had to "cheat" to beat him!!!

Alonso had to do the same when at maclaren..remember hungary when he had to "cheat" to beat him!!!

Yeah good point! I'd forgotten about that! Alonso got his comeuppance there though - Rosberg has gotten away with it so far....

Well after a terrible start dropping back to fourth, Hamilton still managed to take the win.

As Jimmy said, he's not as good as racer as Hamilton, which is why he made that mistake, the pressure was too great.

Great result for Hamilton, thoroughly deserved it. I think it was a genuine mistake from Rosberg - Hamilton was hunting him down big time and he cracked.

If Merc did ask Rosberg to 'make a mistake', it could open a big can of worms in the future....

Great result for Hamilton, thoroughly deserved it. I think it was a genuine mistake from Rosberg - Hamilton was hunting him down big time and he cracked.

If Merc did ask Rosberg to 'make a mistake', it could open a big can of worms in the future....

Nah no way would he do it if they asked him.

They asked Hamilton to move for Rosberg in Hungary and he refused.

Good win for Hamilton on Sunday. Imo he showed again that he is the better racer than Rosberg.

Shame it was all overshadowed by Bianchi's crash. There's video footage of the accident online.....horrible stuff. Let's hope he pulls through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar Thread Suggestions