F1 season 2014 all comments here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon this season'll be a classic. Level playing field once again.

Who to support? Fudge me there's too many lol. Would love to see Kimi, Alonso, Hamilton and Magnussen all do really well.

28th January is the first test of 2014 machinery so not long to wait to see if anyone has got it majorly wrong (Like McLaren did at this stage last year).

One thing that will bug the hell out of me is the speculation surrounding Alonso and a potential move to McLaren in 2015. I can see some truth in it especially if Ferrari have an uncompetitive season, and I can see Raikkonen being just as fast as Alonso too.

I think Williams will be quite high up the grid, even outdoing Force India, McLaren being strong from mid season and finishing the second half on top (Sods law and adding additional irony what with changing over to Honda the following year.)

I think one team will either fold part way through the season or merge with another and the Lotus drivers will have more reprimands than any other driver.

Some good predictions in here! I can't wait for next season, I think the engines are going to create HUGE amounts of controversy with some manufacturers slaughtering others as they have the better engine, but also races being won/lost on engine failures will also trigger debate.

I really hope they are, but I doubt Mclaren will be competitive this year given their piss poor performance last year, and their apparent lack of control of the team over the last few seasons. I'm just hoping the deal with Honda will save the day in 2015. I still think it's Merc's year to loose with Hamilton and their own engine supplier, along with having made some great progress last year and seemingly having a very competitive technical package/team. Losing Ross was a shame, but hopefully he's already worked his magic on the car. (my money is on him turning up in Mclaren in '15)

I think both Mercades and Ferrari have a good chance this year as both thier engines and chassis are designed in house. I know customer specs are supposed to be pretty good but they have to accomodate a wide range of teams and not everyone will be happy with how the new engine wil sit. Plus the new longer duration ERS should provided some good overtaking oportunities. Lets just hope Pirrelli are a little more consistent this year.
If i was going to give it to anyone id probably say either Alonso or Hamilton.
But we all know Red Bull are most probably going to dominate again :coffee:

Let me know man, I'm there from Tuesday - Monday. Staying in Nice I think then travelling down, I didn't book it so can't remember the specifics :smiley:.

We're in grandstands both days, can't remember which ones, I know its different ones Saturday/Sunday so we can see different parts of the track.

Mercedes won't be giving Mclaren an identical engine, maybe at the start of the season......but wait to the mid-point and things will change. Just look at Motogp, Yamaha gave the factory bikes an " identical" setup to the satellite bikes of tech3, until Crutchlow started to upset the factory party!
Things will change and you'll be silly to think that a team doing in house builds will giving identical to those paying customers :wink:

I predict flames and power-oversteer all round. :thumbsup:

Oh and Max Chilton will be the strongest man on the grid, holding up the rest of them!!! :smiley:

Mercedes won't be giving Mclaren an identical engine, maybe at the start of the season......but wait to the mid-point and things will change. Just look at Motogp, Yamaha gave the factory bikes an " identical" setup to the satellite bikes of tech3, until Crutchlow started to upset the factory party!
Things will change and you'll be silly to think that a team doing in house builds will giving identical to those paying customers :wink:

engines are homologated so in theory they are fixed for the gp duration...except the "electronic" control systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar Thread Suggestions