F1 197 - Frenchie

Quick update. Car is fubared! Got some awful creaking coming from left wheel, could be ball joint, could be rack.

One thing after another with car, getting seriously seriously fed up with this car! Would anyone like to buy it haha!

As confirmed... Steering rack has buggered. I have a new one arriving at home today, will be getting it fitted within the next few days... I'm having my wheels refurbished tomorrow as well as I've bought some other goodies for my car - just because I'm sulking haha!

As confirmed... Steering rack has buggered. I have a new one arriving at home today, will be getting it fitted within the next few days... I'm having my wheels refurbished tomorrow as well as I've bought some other goodies for my car - just because I'm sulking haha!

It's only money mate. She'll be back better than ever soon enough. Sorry to hear this though.

Did you go for the quicker rack from the 200?

It's only money mate. She'll be back better than ever soon enough. Sorry to hear this though.

Did you go for the quicker rack from the 200?

Aye it is! What little I have left haha! I'm not sure if I'm honest, admittedly, it's a second hand rack, as it's all I can afford right now.

Reactions: ///M
Sorry to hear about having to replace the rack, that does suck... Ball joints would have been preferable!

So what goodies have you bought??

Sorry to hear about having to replace the rack, that does suck... Ball joints would have been preferable!

So what goodies have you bought??

Balls joints would've haha! However, beggers can't be choosers :wink: Nothing major really, I have exposed reg plate lights so I've bought no error all in one housing units and I've bought some black hammerite paint for the OEM rust hubs haha! Also quick question... Check Injection came on yesterday and went back off again, I'm right to believe it's the throttle body?

Balls joints would've haha! However, beggers can't be choosers :wink: Nothing major really, I have exposed reg plate lights so I've bought no error all in one housing units and I've bought some black hammerite paint for the OEM rust hubs haha! Also quick question... Check Injection came on yesterday and went back off again, I'm right to believe it's the throttle body?

Hammerite is a great option for the hubs, cheap but effective! And glad to see you've adopted some of the forum slang :smile:

Not too sure on the Check Injection error, hopefully someone a bit more mechanically minded can shed some light??

Hammerite is a great option for the hubs, cheap but effective! And glad to see you've adopted some of the forum slang :smile:

Not too sure on the Check Injection error, hopefully someone a bit more mechanically minded can shed some light??

Yeah I like to sit in the background and read some of peoples project, get a few ideas for myself. It's something I've noticed across a few topics haha!

I've not had it since, I had 'Storm Doris' on that day, so I'm thinking maybe a little water got into the sensor maybe :/ I've hammered my car since and nothing has happened. No news is good news I suppose!

On a positive note... I took the opportunity to park next to what I thought was an Aston Martin DB9, sadly I was mistaken and in fact it's a Jag XK. His plate however is quite humerous!
7ckOdCR.jpg

It begs the question I guess haha!

Haha bit of a stereotype that he's happy to live up too!

The bigger the engine the bigger the dick!

On a positive note... I took the opportunity to park next to what I thought was an Aston Martin DB9, sadly I was mistaken and in fact it's a Jag XK. His plate however is quite humerous!
7ckOdCR.jpg

It begs the question I guess haha!

he's badged his Jag as an Aston? Yes, he is a dick.

My god mate, that Jag is HILARIOUS. Guess the guy has a massive sense of humour.

Would love to find out it's owned by someone's gran!

:smiley:

My god mate, that Jag is HILARIOUS. Guess the guy has a massive sense of humour.

Would love to find out it's owned by someone's gran!

:smiley:

I'm glad you found it funny :wink: That would be hilarious, it would make it even funnier :wink: I asked him to swap it with the clio (when I thought it was an Aston), he said he'd swap the fuel economy... somehow, I don't think he would haha!

I'm glad you found it funny :wink: That would be hilarious, it would make it even funnier :wink: I asked him to swap it with the clio (when I thought it was an Aston), he said he'd swap the fuel economy... somehow, I don't think he would haha!

HA! Yeah he might get a bit of a rude awakening there! At least he might get a bit of fun out of motoring though :wink:

HA! Yeah he might get a bit of a rude awakening there! At least he might get a bit of fun out of motoring though :wink:

Yes... Yes he would haha! It'd be fun until the car broke down. Fun Factor 10/10, Reliability 2/10 haha!

Reactions: ///M
Cars back from garage, got another steering rack on and blimey does the steering feel responsive!! Killed two birds with one stone too; I fixed the reverse switch whilst I was there!

I also made a purchase thanks some helps from other forum members.

R7xaMLq.jpg

I bought the standard air box with a ram air filter, it came with it, so don't shoot me haha! Time to get some better throttle response and get rid of that flat spot at 1.5k!!

Reactions: Jimmy and Sean197
Cars back from garage, got another steering rack on and blimey does the steering feel responsive!! Killed two birds with one stone too; I fixed the reverse switch whilst I was there!

I also made a purchase thanks some helps from other forum members.

R7xaMLq.jpg

I bought the standard air box with a ram air filter, it came with it, so don't shoot me haha! Time to get some better throttle response and get rid of that flat spot at 1.5k!!

RAMAIR filter is perfect for these cars. Well made thing IMO.......

Glad your steering issues are now sorted :smile: