F1 197 - Frenchie

That's the spirit mate. Pleased it's back putting a smile on your face. And great job on the cleaning, looks fantastic!

Reactions: MarkTeamF1
That's the spirit mate. Pleased it's back putting a smile on your face. And great job on the cleaning, looks fantastic!

Cheers mate :wink: it feels great to drive! Really happy!

I can start focusing on other things now

Reactions: ///M
So my car is in the body shop for a few things... it needs a clean!

yDba90J.jpg

Cup spoiler
Rear bumper (I forgot how to reverse, hit a stationary car and cracked my paint)
Door bumper strips are getting painted black (leaving the silver Renault sport section as is)
Rear badge is going black
Re doing grill inserts as they reacted badly the first time
Whilst in there I'm also getting a new wiper delete bung, headlight washer jet deletes and new fog lights put in.

Washer jet deletes
sA6szqk.jpg

End caps for the spoiler (it wasn't worth taking a full photo)
Muwmfes.jpg

YgocYlX.jpg

Anddddd this is my courtesy car...van. Another 'exciting' French vehicle haha! (Excuse the terrible quality)
hAbNwKF.jpg

Reactions: ///M and suj
The spoiler is fitted! I promise, I'll take some more picture when I clean the car, I don't want to take photo's of a filthy car that really doesn't pay it any compliments haha! Here's a few pictures I've taken so far!

O0JifSG.png
Don't look at the back window... it wasn't me!
fE3V9Li.png
j4kYoRH.png
Here's one of the carbon fibre headlight washer deletes, looks rather pretty if I do say so!
pYFpfmM.png

Don't know where the pictures above have gone...

Headlight washer jet deletes - an absolute doddles to fit, pry off the old nipples and spin the wing nuts on the new jet deletes and viola, just angle it to your taste.
Zly26tq.jpg

Cup Spoiler Angle 1 - admittedly, I got the body shop to fit it, I wanted it to be right, and of all else, if it went wrong I can blame some one else and it won't cost me to fix it haha
hwxHXyj.jpg

Cup Spoiler Angle 2
qy5TpSh.jpg

Cup Spoiler Angle 3
uDaWnjz.jpg

The real reason why I revisited my progress thread was to upload a picture that was taken at a late night car show the other day. I've always wanted a cool night shot taken through a proper camera and this one pulls it off very well! There were other but they didn't catch the correct lighting. Love this shot!
WoiOlBp.jpg

Reactions: Jimmy
Please tell me its not just me that purposely takes the long way round due to dirty roads, tell me I'm not weird haha

:smiley:

Depends on if the dirty roads are good roads!

Use and abuse and make good when you can is my motto! But then the car isn't a daily so it's a bit easier.

Usually I'll just get it nicely protected and then give it a quick jetwash to get the crap off. As soon as the weather is good it will get a full detail.

Reactions: MarkTeamF1
IDEVdm7.jpg

I F***ed up... I think I actually felt my soul leave my body, I became an empty shell yesterday...

Awww mate, I feel for you. Pretty much all of us have done it at some point. The combo of feeling like a dick, really angry at yourself and thoroughly gutted isn't great.

£50 ish to sort though. Could be worse!

Yep! I'm crying inside :worried:
Awww mate, I feel for you. Pretty much all of us have done it at some point. The combo of feeling like a dick, really angry at yourself and thoroughly gutted isn't great.

£50 ish to sort though. Could be worse!
Yeah I know it could be, I'm starting to get to small niggly issues to fix and I really didn't need this, that being said, my friends own a body shop and is refurbing all my wheels for £80 :smile:

Reactions: Big Ben
Gutted for you! As M says, we've all done it! £80 for a full refurb should very much help with easing the pain though :smile:

Aye, it's one of things that's always going to happen. I guess I'm going to have to drive in the middle of the road haha!

Reactions: Jimmy