F1 197 - Frenchie

Quick update.

Been a little quite recently as I've not had much to update, you'll be happy to know the car is still working brilliantly! So much so that I've ordered an awesome little bit of kit...

8jx6u3z.jpg

These are on express delivery, so hopefully should have them on soon, as I'm at Cadwell - Modified Live on Monday. Anyone going?

I've also booked myself in to my friends bodyshop to get wing mirrors and door handles painted black, maybe I'm trying to be like an RS200 haha!

Exciting times :wink:

Reactions: ///M
Oooo I've had a delivery today... it's a large box...
bd6bc3a008f18e6ede4fb3eb7f193d99.jpg

Unfortunately... I didn't get to open it, because I'm at work. Which also excuses the nails in the next picture :wink:

340cdb54ef72aa4f235db0d2c77af9d0.jpg

H&R springs! Can I get a whoop whoop [emoji23] I'm a bit excited. So, after a bit of reading - because I was going to attempt fitting them; I'm not doing it haha! The guide provided goes a little further than my confidence and technical ability will take me, so my mechanic is charging me £60 to fit them, which is getting done tomorrow. I'll take a before and after picture and keep you posted what the ride feels like and how they perform!

If anyone is going to Modified Live on Monday @ Cadwell, I'll be there on the Simply Modified stand - I'll have show plates on saying "Wayne 5"

Tomorrow needs to hurry up!!

Reactions: Pav and Sean197
Springs are on, got a few days worth of settling but overall opinion - I like it - it's not the lowest car nor is it the most noticeable either, but I like it!

Ride is comfy, comfier than normal springs, it's grippy, responsive and it's not bouncy [emoji1303] result

If anyone is thinking of H&R springs, I highly recommend it!

Before
11b29aae2376ba6dcc9503a402465f0a.jpg

a32dd2629d7419b52b9697182a65f811.jpg

f6fb62297940825cce78e7d7374c9395.jpg

After
9f175c1a4fe140108f0e629f9f422cae.jpg

a380abe74f8dec46809d1cad2e547966.jpg

9f7f7796dccfc19e0b361babcaead7e5.jpg

Very impressed!

Reactions: Sean197 and Jimmy
Looks great to me - more than enough to be noticeable; without the need for a 'stance' sticker right across your boot / windscreen / 'RS' end...... :smile:

Yea i really like that. Its 'enough'. Not surprised your pleased.....looks spot-on !!

Reactions: ///M
Looks great to me - more than enough to be noticeable; without the need for a 'stance' sticker right across your boot / windscreen / 'RS' end...... :smile:

Yea i really like that. Its 'enough'. Not surprised your pleased.....looks spot-on !!

Yep! I agree, I've been there done that, got silly low, quite fancy the 'race' look. To me this is perfect! I think I'm showing my age [emoji23] I think what shocked me the most is that it's comfier then my standard springs.

The right ride height is a bonus [emoji1303] I'm happy you approve [emoji13]

Reactions: sevenfourate
The race-look is all well and good.

Only a shame (You and me) have to drive on the road !

Im with you on 'showing our age'. I went for a pretty subtle drop too......

The race-look is all well and good.

Only a shame (You and me) have to drive on the road !

Im with you on 'showing our age'. I went for a pretty subtle drop too......

It would be ideal if the streets of the UK were a race track, i suspect many speeding fines and court hearings would happen if we tried to live out our dreams of being a race driver [emoji23]

Definitely, we value our spines more than the majority haha

looks very decent mate..thumbs up..I recently have gone a bit higher on mine too..no reason to go too low as it doesnt help anything....

looks very decent mate..thumbs up..I recently have gone a bit higher on mine too..no reason to go too low as it doesnt help anything....

It looks cool being low, but as you said, it helps nothing [emoji23]not to mention your arse haha

Fantastic mate. Looks brilliant. Glad they're feeling better than your old ones too. You can really see the difference when you compare the two three quarter shots. Nice one Mark.

Oh and nice nails fella. Don't lie!

Fantastic mate. Looks brilliant. Glad they're feeling better than your old ones too. You can really see the difference when you compare the two three quarter shots. Nice one Mark.

Oh and nice nails fella. Don't lie!

Thanks bud! Feels great to drive now, I can just throw it about and it does what I need it to!

Damn, I thought you forum people were gullible :wink: I guess not haha

Car is feeling sorry for itself again, I have play in my steering arm, causing feedback through my accelerating peddle when i give it some... the good news is, I don't have to pay a single penny [emoji23][emoji1303]my mechanic kept both my old steering arms with the racks I gave... he's going to fit it free of change [emoji50]

Reactions: ///M and Pav
thats lucky really..when are you having it fitted??

I know [emoji23] I won't lie, I did a poo when he said I've got play. He said luckily, I've got two sets of racks available, convenient... very convenient haha!! He's at Cadwell with me Monday, he's fully booked up Tuesday, so next available date is Wednesday [emoji1303]

Detail day! Tried out some new sealant that's like jam! Thick and sticky [emoji23][emoji11].........

Other than it being an absolute baaaaaaastard to get off, I'm quite pleased with how it came out.

Took 4 hours but worth it!

137d9043fb984aff2dda5df6ec449031.jpg

91d2c4bcaf37eca23c03afa2bc1f8c80.jpg

ac680cbe906397f838197f77c642451d.jpg

16045bde52a6b7dc40e167846025c8ca.jpg

Reactions: Jimmy and peter
good effort mate..know how that feels..did exactly the same yesterday..started at 11 in the morning and finished at 5pm..gotta love a freshly polished car..

good effort mate..know how that feels..did exactly the same yesterday..started at 11 in the morning and finished at 5pm..gotta love a freshly polished car..

Cheers mate! Worth it when it when you get compliments from passers by!

I'm not that dedicated though [emoji23]