F1 197 - Frenchie

Nice purchase Mark. Need something like this on ours. But need to save for airbox, exhaust and remap as I think it makes sense to do them all at the same time.

Nice purchase Mark. Need something like this on ours. But need to save for airbox, exhaust and remap as I think it makes sense to do them all at the same time.
Thanks mate! The box with the panel filter was £55 so wasn't too pricey :smile:

Yeah for a map, induction kit & exhaust you're talking silly price, will be close to 1k... at a guess :/ box and exhaust is an easy win coming in at half the price haha!

Ha, well, that depends what exhaust you go with!

I'm not far off jumping into that minefield I think!

Ha, well, that depends what exhaust you go with!

I'm not far off jumping into that minefield I think!

Aye! I paid £435 I think for my Scorpion Cat back with rolled tips. I know akroprovic systems are a bluddy mint, if you're going to go for that then it'll be more than £500!

Reactions: ///M
Wow... what a long day! I started work on the car at 12 today after being at my normal work from 7.30... I've only just got in... anyway... let's not get off topic.
I managed to get my new airbox in. What lesson have I learnt today? Always pay attention to what you're taking off the car.

I came up with this solution half way through as I noticed air was pissing from the grey tube. This solution didn't work... obviously haha!

1XG0vDA.jpg

After looking at old pictures, I realised that the bit I was looking for was the non recirculating valve, this was buried underneath my battery cover. Quite an issue as now the air box was in and it was wedged underneath, swearing, lots of swearing but in the end, I got it and got it back connected!

Before
UOY6k2A.jpg

After
WC7fR08.jpg

The car runs much better than the old cone which was a k&n replica, pile of shit! The car no longer flats in 1.5k and my 2.5k flat spot is no longer as harsh!

I managed to get my OEM rust sorted out on the front hubs and I must say, it was a much needed touch!

Before
UH08fQB.jpg

After
Jt0TH40.jpg

Last but not least I had some new reg plate lights to put in too but unfortunately only one of them works...

VOjUAWR.jpg

Not everything goes to plan. It's expected. The good outweighes the bad today, very productive, very happy!

Reactions: Dystant and Jimmy
Good work Mark, great that the new airbox has sorted out the little running issues! Well worth doing the brake hubs, no one likes OEM rust :smile:

Shame about the niggles, but that's the RS life I suppose!

Good work Mark, great that the new airbox has sorted out the little running issues! Well worth doing the brake hubs, no one likes OEM rust :smile:

Shame about the niggles, but that's the RS life I suppose!

Thank you matey :smile: No more OEM rust haha! Car feels lighter already :wink:

I've contacted the seller who supplied the reg lights, got some more on the way!

Steering is knackered again, got some creaking/clicking noises coming from the left, taking the car in this afternoon! Hurayyyyy for French engineering!

Reactions: Jimmy
Good work going on there mate. Sorry to hear the steering is playing up again. Hope it's sorted soon.

Good work going on there mate. Sorry to hear the steering is playing up again. Hope it's sorted soon.
Thanks mate! The steering rack bought 2nd hand is shagged, it's in worse condition than the last. I think it's time to bite the bullet and splash out £300+ *sad face*
Hubs now look standard forum finish. NOT standard Renault finish. Much better !

I bought one of these Aluminium non-return valves a few weeks ago. Much nicer than the stock 'French plastic addition' and goes well with the Ali parts already under the hood.......:smile: And all for 265 of your finest new English pence........

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321618591247?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=510506978393&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I'll stick that on the buy list, look much better than the standard yellow/white plastic recirc valve

Straight fit with no issues. Part number is 8200824576 around £280 as opposed to £400 for a 197 cup rack.

Also it is 7.5% quicker (well 7.5% more displacement of the rack for 1 full rotation of the input shaft to be precise :tonguewink: )

I'm getting my mechanic to ring the place where I got the rack from, he will be a lot less forgiving than I would, so could get something positive out of this :wink:

Straight fit with no issues. Part number is 8200824576 around £280 as opposed to £400 for a 197 cup rack.

Righto! Thanks Sean! Always a win when something is cheaper!

Also it is 7.5% quicker (well 7.5% more displacement of the rack for 1 full rotation of the input shaft to be precise :tonguewink: )

If I knew what that meant, I'd agree, we'll stick to idiot terms and just say its a quicker rack haha!

Reactions: suj