F1 197 - Frenchie

MarkTeamF1

POTM Winner - March 2017
Hi...

I'm going to be uploading short snippets in to my chocolate boxes life

So here is my old car & my first car - it was 99% finished, I lost interest by the end of it

kAknNRC.jpg

I did a buy and bought this...

nNWBBKR.jpg

And I love love love these seats!! QKNAw5w.jpg

I had a few little plans for this from the get go, I bought a new head unit as soon as I picked it up. Didn't take a picture though

I then bought a new exhaust set up; Scorpion Cat back Non Res with rolled tips.

Tips
o29GD1t.jpg

Here's a comparison in the set up...
f9zZ1rf.jpg

VQW9P6Z.jpg

Anyway, so here's before...
zKCOpQY.jpg
TyZSn5K.jpg

Here's a few of in between :smile:
su5uWeP.jpg
They weren't there before... honest officer!
i9ykWJM.jpg
IWOIl1X.jpg
R15ofdp.jpg
6b51j8I.jpg

Andddd... here's after!

ogRzkU7.jpg
yCHbYkm.jpg

So after this, I replaced my sunstrip, as it was peeled and cracked. I did take a picture but it's lost into the void of the cloud .

I also found the rear wiper extremely annoying... it had to go!
h2FBU0P.jpg

Here's a picture of my front grills, sprayed up black!

cByJ9rv.jpg
chEeosm.jpg

Next up, diffuser and interior bits!
lClkCkA.jpg
cANo3Bt.jpg

Reactions: Dan_j1 and Jimmy
Interior - I also added a steering wheel insert!!
7Z3hknR.jpg
Shtdn0b.jpg

All progress is on hold at present due to my chocolate box going balls up!

That's not going to stop me though! Once the box is sorted, I'll be getting a cup spoiler, front splitter and side skirts. I may think about the 200 diffuser too!

Enjoy all!

Interior - I also added a steering wheel insert!!
7Z3hknR.jpg
Shtdn0b.jpg

All progress is on hold at present due to my chocolate box going balls up!

That's not going to stop me though! Once the box is sorted, I'll be getting a cup spoiler, front splitter and side skirts. I may think about the 200 diffuser too!

Enjoy all!
Is the new exhaust louder?

I went out and took a picture of the Sun strip, you can see the difference in the first picture to this one!

zWHsbIp.jpg

lovely stuff Mark..good job that you can do all the maintenance yourself..saves you a lot..
good job on the rear wiper too..to tidy it up nicely you may want to order this badboy:
Grommet

lovely stuff Mark..good job that you can do all the maintenance yourself..saves you a lot..
good job on the rear wiper too..to tidy it up nicely you may want to order this badboy:
Grommet

Oh it certainly does! I quite enjoy it too! I'll take a look at those. At the minute it looks like I've glued on a condom I've taken out of a packet

Excellent, some good mods so far! Hopefully the busted box won't hold you back for too long! The aero kit does look really good if you do end up getting all that :smiley:

Have you painted your toe nails dude? :grinning:

I didn't know this wasn't a mandatory requirement :wink:
Great stuff Mark!

Cheers mate :smile:
Excellent, some good mods so far! Hopefully the busted box won't hold you back for too long! The aero kit does look really good if you do end up getting all that :smiley:

Hopefully not! Although my rear brakes have started playing up now! Great!!
That's the plan, I want it to look like a race car :wink:

Reactions: Jimmy
Nice write-up so far.

I like the dashboard strips in gloss black. Is that standard on an F1 ?

And THAT exhaust must be mental. Reckon i could hear it from here if you gave it full beans and i opened my front door a bit...

Looking good buddy. My box is going to be done next year. Let us know how you get on

What's wrong with the rear brakes? Seizing by chance??

Think the pad on ns rear has gone, getting some brembo pads and fitting tomorrow - £17
Nice write-so far.

I like the dashboard strips in gloss black. Is that standard on an F1 ?

And THAT exhaust must be mental. Reckon i could hear it from here if you gave it full beans and i opened my front door a bit...

Thanks dude! I had them sprayed 20R - standard metallic paint for an Astra mk5! It's loud! Especially when it's cold!!

Reactions: sevenfourate
Well today was awful! I started out replacing the pads... £17 for brembo pads, awesome!

Cars jacked up, wheels are off... awesome!
WV1TaJ2.jpg

Pads -nomies
0KPlHIa.jpg
skbRgRz.jpg

Now onto the other side... this is where it gets interesting!

I found this, supposed pad, bare metal... ouch. What numpty only replaces one pad...
JRasqwm.jpg

After about an hour of trying to wind the piston back into the calliper, we realised, a proper tool is needed... to Halfrauds it is... Calliper wind back tool. £32, okay no problem, I can deal with that... as time went on and finding out this wasn't working, we guessed that the piston had seized. The guy previous had no only replaced one pad, he's neglected it, it would seem. I now can't drive my car and instead have to wait until Tuesday until a new calliper comes. So today has cost me £165 (including two cans of monster)

Here's my piston...
eTGajm6.jpg

Sorry to hear about the problems Mark, not what you needed! Unfortunately, the calipers (especially the rear ones) are a weak point if they are neglected and not regularly serviced (stripped down, cleaned and greased)... It's a shame that you've had to fork out for a whole new caliper!!