Eternal dilema help needed

iAndy

Platinum Member
Ok am looking for some unbiased advice.

When I was 17 I bought a E30 BMW cabriolet it's a 320i and was my first car. After a bad winter that year I decided to get a jeep and having been offered half of the £6000 I paid for it, my dad decided to keep the car until the summer and then sell it so I wouldn't loose as much money and lent me the £6000 for the jeep. Summer came and he kept the car as he fell for it. Well 11 years passed and he still had the car when he died, so through sentimental reasons I kept hold of the car and now 2 years has passed and I haven't really driven the car. I don't want it at my house for fear of some thieving scum touching it.

It's been at my mates house for over a year and he's fallen for car.

Do I sell it to him with the view of it goes to a known good home and I will still get to drive it, or should I keep hold of it for the fear of regretting selling :s

Sell it.

If you know it's going to a good home, the sentimental value stays with you and if you haven't really driven the car anyway, there's no point holding on to it.

At the end of the day, memories can't be taken away from you. You can hold on to the car for a life time, but what matters is what's in your head.

+1

You can't change the past but you can change your future. Use the money to get something that would make you happy and your dad proud

Sell it.

If you know it's going to a good home, the sentimental value stays with you and if you haven't really driven the car anyway, there's no point holding on to it.

At the end of the day, memories can't be taken away from you. You can hold on to the car for a life time, but what matters is what's in your head.

cant say fairer than that :thumbup1:

Sell it.

^^This plus you don't want it to just sit there and not do anything with it.

I don't like to see what was once a nice car sat looking sorry for itself on someones drive because they dont want to part with it.

Similar Thread Suggestions