Dilema...views needed

...now I've found this

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3453439.htm

fully loaded Meg250 and I made some enquiries.....first offer on the table is £10,250 for my RS200 (very similar age and spec ...not recaros...to the meg) and £16995 for the meg. Leaves me with £6745 to change. I think this is a reasonable offer, but have asked for a bit more for my car.

Now I am very tempted as I realy like this RS250....good colour and excellent spec...dilema is that its same age and I will be into MOT territory before next change date...I also love my RS200 and could keep it for a while yet...also if Ren bring out a very special RS200 (which is probably not likley) I will kick myself.....

...so has anyone had any experience of this in terms of running cost...is the cup pack as good as should be expected from the Renual Engineers? I know its up to me at the end of the day, but what are your opinions on what to do??

This vid says all the right things.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ggc24HAACC4&feature=fvsr

Cheers

I thrashed one round Silverstone and although quick with a very refined interior I came away knowing that I prefer the clio. The clio imo has more of the grin factor and the lunacy of the high revs. The meg is an outstanding car but didn't have the raw edge that I like about the clio.

Guess you need to go and test drive one mate.

Last edited:
i see them in one light and i love them but then i see them in another scenario and i just thing it looks like and obese clio. hmmmm

was it whatcar? that said buy a megane250, take it to RSTuning for a re-map and never look back?
sound advice if you ask me

edit: it was actually evo magazine, and ktecs remap. I couldn't have been any more wrong

Last edited:
Ditch the 200, I've driven both and would love a 250 in grey. What I loved about it is it straddles both camps. Grown up when it wants to be but mental also. Read that they are actually 268bhp standard (250 sounded better). Plus if you get bored, exhaust, intercooler and remap......320'ish bhp. No brainer if you can afford the change.
200 are great cars but already are starting to look a little dated. Especially next to a meg rs250.

Last edited:
Litchy, I am beginning to think that way..love the 200, but I fancy the refinement with mental turbo charging holaganism when I fancy it....still expecting the ride to be stiff though as the car has the cup pack....wouldn't be interested otherwise....

That's not a bad deal, there's a lot of stuff on that Meg'.

I'd struggle to let the 197 go but I could be tempted by that sort of offer.

Different cars so unfair to compare TBH but people's lifestyles change and this is often reflected in the choices of cars they drive. I love my clio but there are times when I just want to drive some where without the drama, so I take the wifes diesel. When eventually, my lifestyle choices change again, my next car may have to straddle both camps. The funny thing is it would probably be a 330d msport like I just sold 2 months ago (DOH). The RS250 would def be up there also though.....

I think I will get a meg 250 for my next car as people have said, they are grown up and then can be an absolute lunatic if you want!!

the thing that bothers me is, what els can i have for 16 k......? evo? but thats just my view, i test drove a new corsa vxr burgh, and at 23k thought poke that, its a corsa at the end of the day!!!!

...would love the Exige, and have been thinking about getting one....trouble is I can't get the funding for a car of more than 3 years old (work car loan rules)....so i can't afford one...the Meg got my attention because I spotted one whilst out, giving the full tilt....sounded awsome...so I though to have a look at the cost of owning one.....the more I think about it, the more I am leaning towards a big purchase in the new year (if it doesn't get snapped up)....

Similar Thread Suggestions