Detailing Dilema HELP

E

Ed...

had a good polish of the front doors and front half of my DB 197 today and while polishing brushed over the handle at high speed. much to my dispare the silver paint was removed and the black undercoat is now showing.

Now do I buy a new handle or try and spray it back up?

please help asap want it sorting cus it looks really bad

Other option would be to take both off and spray them black to match the car!?

i like the look of the silver. breaks the car up a bit gives it the not so standard look if you know what i meen. where would i get a new one from?

How do you take them off?

yeah ill try spraying, if it looks kak then buy new cant be that expensive its only a handle lol

how do i get the handle off so i dont have to mess about masking the car up

they are attached from the inside mate, you have to take the door trim off and get to it from that way, becareful when you paint it as you have the sensors in the handle for your handsfree opening,

If you fancy a wee project then give spraying it a go, if not then just get onto Renault and demand a new one. Don't mention that you inflicted this yourself via a rotary - just tell them that it has worn away over time and is starting to be more noticeable.

In future be more careful with a rotary. Make sure you tape up everything that doesn't need to be polished like badges, door handles, plastics etc and you will never have this problem again. Like most things, preparation is the key to an easier detail and you will avoid mini-disasters like this.

Hope you get it sorted asap matey!

Similar Thread Suggestions