Different exhaust tips?

It definitely just went up. I paid £15.85 for them, and when i go onto it now it says 'You bought the item', but the price is £19.85

Think i bought them just in time.

If you click '45 sold' next to quantity, it will say how much people have bought them for... and im at the top of the £15.85 lot

The price has gone up but nkojic is looking at two different products from two different sellers :wink:

At almost £20 not sure if its worth it now.

Hi guys

I have bought the ones in the first ebay link on the first post but not got round to fitting them yet. The first guy mentioned using jubilee clips but some guys seem to have just pushed them on. I take it they are a snug fit then, if so are they secure enough just pushing them on?

Cheers

im pretty sure that the tailpipes come with threaded holes and is clamped on using bolts, but as the inside diameter of the tailpipe is more or less the same size as the outer diameter of the standard exhaust tailpipe, those clamps would be useless, so using the jubilee style exhaust clamp should put just enough force to keep it attached so it cant be pulled or force off.

Just received mine and I am either very fussy or....

I will not be putting them on my car that's for sure, they are very cheap and tacky looking. From a distance they look ok but its all about the detail for me, you get what you pay for comes to mid.

This is obviously my opinion and if people are happy with them then who am I to put others down, just not for me. If anyone wants some for cheap then PM me.

I will not be putting them on my car that's for sure, they are very cheap and tacky looking. From a distance they look ok but its all about the detail for me, you get what you pay for comes to mid.

This is obviously my opinion and if people are happy with them then who am I to put others down, just not for me. If anyone wants some for cheap then PM me.

Some pictures from every side please?

im pretty sure that the tailpipes come with threaded holes and is clamped on using bolts, but as the inside diameter of the tailpipe is more or less the same size as the outer diameter of the standard exhaust tailpipe, those clamps would be useless, so using the jubilee style exhaust clamp should put just enough force to keep it attached so it cant be pulled or force off.

This...

I had to get jubilee clips, and then file off the pre drilled lump inside to hold the screw, and also cut each side of the pipe to make it fit... A lot of effort, but look good IMO, they are aluminium, so yeah cheap... But have to see how they old up with the wear and tear of everyday use.

None of the customers above did not write about these issues with this tips....:worried:-. I order them from the link they given me and now this issue?? :worried:

hey mate

Recently had my 197 and like others, felt that the tapered (diffuser profiled) standard exhausts dont show the back end off as it could/should - so I bought these :-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Exhaust-trim-tips-PAIR-Aluminium-Universal-fit-Rolled-Edge-1st-Class-Freepost-/190863005940?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c705258f4 or http://sealsrealdeals.com/exhaust-trim-pair/ (same item thats their website)

which are......from what I gather - larger than the OEM RS tips - I have them tucked in just enough to ward off any "wheel barrow" comments and having a larger O/D than the OEM parts, beef it up slightly IMHO - and coming from a Mk4 R32 and Audi RS4 (rolled tips at outer rear of both)- I kind of missed the rolled chromed tips on the rear of the 197 - I love the looks now.... If I get bored they can always go LOL. The new items also have a slight taper, so go well with the angles of the rear end.

I had to deburr the inner surfaces of the ebay items slightly to get a nice fit over the existing tailpipe (just enough to get a leading edge when fitting) and also canned the brackets they sent and used some tasty jubilee clips (sprayed mat black so they don't show up when looking underneath) - also a LOT easier to access the jubilee clips through the gap between the diffuser and tips.

Im chuffed anyway - definately the beefier look I was after - measurements are on the ebay link bud.

recent pics (with camera phone) :biggrin:

Nkojic I did mention this in my original reply...see above :rolleyes:

Last edited:
tbh nkojic, I am a very fussy person and from the pictures people have posted they looked fine but only when they arrived I noticed the quality was not what I was expecting.

Everyone else appears to be happy, that's all that matters.

I have uploaded a few photos anyway here but don't be disheartened mate sure you will be happy.

Last edited:

Mine were dispatched today so when I get mine I'll take photos like you have and post them up. I think I'll be disappointed if they are like that, although they are described as 'BUDGET EXHAUST TIP PAIR'.

I might just get myself a new exhaust system to put on