Different exhaust tips?

I thought the same, was very tight fit, couldn't work out it the original tips came off, so I pushed them on then used a hammer and a block of wood to "ease" them on, not sure if that's the correct way but they look good and they aint going anywhere!

Scary to think that it has taken nearly five years for decent exhaust tips to come available for 197!! :001_unsure:

Couple of pics with PG Tips added, also did the CLIO debadge other day as well. Kept the tips tucked in slightly from the diffuser so as not to make it look all wheelbarrow, looks almost OEM and I'm surprised Renault didn't add them to start with. At 14 quid gotta be the cheapest mod i've ever done to a car..lol

Sorry pics look a bit glum, was early this morning just before the bird ripped off to work.

IMAG1640.jpg

IMAG1641.jpg

haha..snap!!

:smiley:

A quick fitting guide for anyone undertaking this very daunting and challenging task...

Tools required:

Scissors
10mm spanner
File
A firm hand

Method

1) Remove the 'exhaust ornaments' (you'll never guess which country they were made in) from the plastic packaging by cutting along the edges.
2) Use spanner to loosen the two bolts either side of the 'ornaments' and then unscrew all the way.
3) Look inside the 'ornament' and see the bits of metal that stick out where the screw hole is. File these down until they hardly stick out. Be careful not to catch the rolled tip though as it marks easily. If you don't file them down enough the 'ornament' won't fit over your exhaust.
4) Start to push the 'ornament' over your exhaust. You will need to be quite forceful as the bits you have filed down will still catch on the edge of the exhaust.
5) Once the filed down bits are over the edge of the exhaust, you're in business! You now need to decide how far you want them to stick out. To move them further into the diffuser you can just hit them hard with the palm of your hand or maybe use a rubber mallet if you have soft hands that bruise easily.
6) Stand back and admire your new 'ornaments'!

Reactions: ThatKidSmokey
What a great guide, breaks the most confusing of jobs down into such a user freindly task and tells it exactly how it is. The "tool" list is spot on too, never under estimate how important the scissors are in getting the "ornaments" out!!

For those budding technichans who feel brave enough to fit these, I'd also like to add - If you're attempting this task on a gravel drive, maybe lay a small bit of carpet (even an unsoiled doormat) on the ground of the working area. Failing to do this could result in something known as "gravel ass", wherby unbeknown to the technichan, the next item you sit on (in my case, an expensive new settee) could very well leave traces of your earlier good work!! :eek:

Yep, the first links the ones you want. Close up, the second link looks like they're the same as the first but just more money.

There is a postage calculator on the ebay page for the exhaust tips. If I were you I'd just order them. He will be forced to respond to you then. According to his page, p&p to Croatia is £4.99.

There is a postage calculator on the ebay page for the exhaust tips. If I were you I'd just order them. He will be forced to respond to you then. According to his page, p&p to Croatia is £4.99.

My friend has pay pal card so he will bay that product for me. So you meen that he just order this item and wait for him to respond?