Bloody hell ** UPDATED POST #47

The thing that I'm just not understanding about this whole situation is that I paid the garage for the work. He got the part from Renault and he's saying that he can't lose a days work to take the car apart and identify the problem and that it has to be done at Renault who will pay for it if it does turn out to be a faulty part they supplied and if its not then I will have to pay Renault for whatever it turns out to be. Doesn't make sense to me. I've paid him for the work, a part HE got from Renault is faulty so therefore it has to go to Renault for repair?

If he suspects that (which he does) its a part he got from Renault and fitted then why do I have to go Renault to get it sorted? Should he be the one carrying out the stripping/diagnosing/repair/re-fitting?

Am I missing something or being retarded here? @Mentalpen

Absolutely not, i'm commenting on you getting rid.

I would speak to citizens advice mate. i'm with you, the person that has done the work should be sorting it not you going to renault. surly the part come with warranty regardless of where you get it from and as he fitted it he should be looking into it.

This suuuuuucks!

I'm with MP on this one, I'd get straight on to citizens advice. They're really helpful. I would have thought that ALL parts and labour come with a warranty from the person who invoices you for the work. Unless you supplied the parts or they were second hand and you signed a waiver.

Isn't this the age old argument about supplying your own parts if garage supply them its got 12 months parts and labour garrantee I'd get back on the phone again To The Garage Sounds Like They Can't Be Bothered you might as well have supplied your own parts cheaper from Steve or Karl I need a new gearbox ,clutch supplied & fitted by the same garage as you mate if they don't garrantee the work I won't be going there plus what someone else said if it's not the parts the garage get to charge you for the work at cheaper rate than Renault win win. What's the first thing Renault gonna try to get out of it oh yeah you've modified the gearbox or car. If they don't sort it then it's name and shame time on a list of garages to not go too. Sorry for the rant mate not what you wanna hear
but it pisses me right off when garages tell you it's better to get the parts from them support your local garages when it goes pear shaped they opt out go back and speak to them again face to face easy to fob you off over the phone.

Last edited:
I would say it's the small garages problem they should be sorting it and they should make the decision if they want to take it to the dealer and try and claim it under parts warranty (that has to be done by the dealer) I know main dealers are often a bit more expensive but if the work was done by them you probably wouldn't have this issue, the chances are that something has happened with the re fitment of the box and the indi is hoping you will cough up a bit more money. Just my 2 pence and i hope you get it resolved soon !

Should be getting an update today of whats happening.
[MENTION=522]Robo_#1[/MENTION] Nope I only supplied the gearbox and all other parts we're by him.
[MENTION=3383]Buddyboy[/MENTION] I only supplied the gearbox and everything else was supplied by the garage through Renault. Been told he doesn't suspect it to be the gearbox and that it could either be the Slave Cylinder or the Clutch plate.
[MENTION=8494]smithandroper[/MENTION] Exactly what I thought. I've paid him the money not Renault. Surely if he suspects its a part he supplied and fitted he should be taking on the job to take it apart diagnose the problem and then repair and refit and then be taking up the lost labour costs with Renault him self? Seems like a bit of a gamble to me that it goes to Renault and they say "Nope nothing wrong with our parts, now pay up for the labour we've carried out"

Not the best of situations tbh but I just want it resolved.

So after a week and a half of having no car I got the call today to tell me when she will be back with me!

Tomorrow should be the date we get reunited and I can't wait. Seems like the clutch gave way and Renault will be picking up the bill, need to confirm this but I haven't been told I will be paying anything so I'm assuming I won't be.

As soon as she's back she has lots of new toys to go on including new plates, TRS tow strap, some nice track alloys and tyres ready for the ring, some stickers also for the ring trip and some lovely new cleaning products to get her all clean again after being in the workshop!

Happy Gam :smile:

Exactly get to have a nice long drive up to see everyone with her all looking lovely and clean!

BRING ON THE RING ALSO

So after a week and a half of having no car I got the call today to tell me when she will be back with me!

Tomorrow should be the date we get reunited and I can't wait. Seems like the clutch gave way and Renault will be picking up the bill, need to confirm this but I haven't been told I will be paying anything so I'm assuming I won't be.

As soon as she's back she has lots of new toys to go on including new plates, TRS tow strap, some nice track alloys and tyres ready for the ring, some stickers also for the ring trip and some lovely new cleaning products to get her all clean again after being in the workshop!

Happy Gam :smile:

Glad to hear matey. Right result in the end if you dont have to put your hand in your pocket. :clap:

Similar Thread Suggestions